Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 8/2/2018 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Not for me I have super dry sensitive skin due to some medication messed up my skin barrier I tried different primers I prep really well it didn’t dry me out which is a plus but due to skin I have horrible skin texture due to cystic acne when I was in my 20’s Anyways.......I liked the feel of it was ok but I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe and settled into suuuuuper fine lines and looked a tad crepy on my pitte scars (ugh I hate those)
I recommended this for 20 something’s with smooth skin if you have textured skin due to scars of really big pores this prob won’t be your HG foundation. Also it sunk into my scars and looked gross. But the color shade was spot on since I’m a cool toned tan person my color was golden color was perfect it’s sooooo annoying when brands don’t go passed medium with cool undertone skin.
Soooooo my whole shpiel is this is not for textured skin, thanks

on 3/5/2018 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made my face cakey. I have dry skin and it just highlighted my dry patches

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my holy grail foundation, but that was when I was still pretty new to make up. This was the first foundation I bought that matched my skin tone, as the stores in my area (before this area of my city) got developed, only the middle five shades of every foundation and concealer were available, and thus everything was too dark for me. Now that I have more foundation options, have used other foundations, and Sephora Philippines is a thing, I started noticing the flaws in this foundation. The coverage is not as nice as others in that it gets patchy, and it doesn't work that well with other products. In addition, I have discovered waterproof foundations and those last longer through my hours of theatre performances under harsh stage lights, fake blood, and sweat. This foundation gets patchier and patchier as the hours of it pass by. I now use it for events like parties and awardings, but otherwise it's not very long lasting. There are better foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This felt really good on winter dry skin but I tried 3 colors and they all were so yellow toned. I tried online first and then went into Ulta to get matched. Even with the professional matching the color oxidized on me to an orangish color. It was slight but enough that I looked jaundiced. SA gave me warm nude. I'm NC 20 in MAC. This has a lovely finish, covers imperfections well giving medium to full coverage, and lasts all day. It does transfer to phone and coat collars. Since the color wasn't right I had to give up on it. I'll have to keep looking for a foundation for my dry skin.

on 11/12/2017 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m glad I got a sample of this before buying it. Swan was a huge improvement over snow for my NC10 skin, but it still looked orange on me. It also sat in a weird way on my skin (my husband said it’s the first time that I’ve obviously looked like I was wearing makeup as he could see it on my skin). And it didn’t wear well - sank into pores and fine lines. I was also a hot mess by the end of the day. Not sure why this is so beloved by the pale girl makeup gurus on YouTube. Unless painted oompa-loompa is the look you’re going for... The only good thing I can say is that it felt ok on my slightly dry combo skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

What a shame that not many are as into this foundation as I am! What's excellent about it for me is really the shade match. I'm tan with neutral undertones and it's quite hard to find a foundation in my shade that is not yellow to hell. The colour 'Golden' is perfect on me. I'm currently on my second bottle.

I've been told it feels a little oily but I personally had no issue with that. It's not too buildable as it is definitely a true medium coverage foundation no matter how much you pack on. Perhaps could use some formula tweaks in the future. But overall, a good staple in my arsenal.

This foundation has been a life saver for me! I never used to have to wear any base, just a little concealer and powder on my nose. Then I developed type 1 rosacea (redness on cheeks and nose and visible veins). It completely changed the way my face looked as I previously was very pale with orange-ish freckles and yellow undertones. My neck is still very pale yellow. These new pink/red/purple tones in my skin made pretty much half my wardrobe and entire lipstick collection look terrible on. Transitioning to regularly wearing foundation has been a learning curve, and most days I just want something quick and easy. I have found Too Faced Born This Way in Porcelain to be perfect for this. Plus it is fragrance free and doesn't irritate my dry, very sensitive skin. Been using this for around 4 or 5 months now so feel confident saying it is a non irritating product, for me at least! Applied over Laura Mercier SPF 30 primer or a good amount of moisturiser it just seems to glide across and sink into the skin, looking really natural and not like makeup at all. The colour initially seems slightly dark for my pale skin, but once spread on my face evens out and covers up the redness well, matching my forehead (where I don't apply any product). You can still see a few of the freckles on my nose peeking through which helps make it look more natural. I apply this with my fingers - using a brush or beauty blender was less successful. A brush picks up dry patches on my skin, and I found a beauty blender sheered the product out too much. The only downside is this - on really bad skin days when I am very flushed some redness does show through. Those days require something more like the Kat Von D liquid foundation. Also, the shade guides online are a bit off. Porcelain is touted as more cool/pink toned, but definitely pulls more of a yellow toned peach on my skin. I would recommend trying out samples or checking colours in a store. Also not sooo keen on how the packaging looks, but it functions just fine. Overall though, 5/5 for great natural looking medium coverage and a non irritating fragrance free product.

on 7/13/2017 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

So, I like this foundation a lot. This may be due to a few things:

1) I have dry/very dry skin. It is very hydrating and sits on my skin beautifully. For me, it also looks better as the day goes on. More natural and a little dewy. Because of this, I'm not sure how well it would work for those with combination to oily skin, but I could be wrong!

2) I find that if I really pay attention to the ingredients in my other face products, the foundation looks smooth and flawless all day. If I use any silicone or oil-heavy skincare or primers with the foundation, it breaks up and starts to slide off my face within a few hours. Switching to water-based products drastically improved the wear time and look/feel of the foundation on my skin. The foundation also seems, for me, to perform better when set with a talc-free powder. This may be a fluke, but I suspect that it does make a difference.

I love the medium coverage, the satin finish, and how it wears on me throughout the day. I use less concealer when I wear this. No real detectable scent for me, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

My main gripe is the color selection. I'm in the shade Swan and it just barely works for me because of how yellow-toned it is. I'm also so pale that there is no way I'd be able to wear a shade besides Swan. The price is high, but I can live with it since I've decided to only splash out on foundations that really work well for me.

Overall, this feels nice on my skin, looks natural and radiant, and I look forward to applying it daily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation in the shade Porcelain and I really was impressed. It was recommended to me by a Sephora employee who was wearing it. I liked the coverage on her skin, but found it looked too cakey. I think now that application had a lot to do with that. The shade Porcelain was a perfect perfect match for my skin - actually better than any other foundation I've used. The coverage is very good, needing only a tiny bit of concealer for my red blemishes. The finish on its own is super nice - natural even though it has medium-full coverage, a bit satin I suppose. I didn't love it as much when I powdered over it (& I always feel I need to set my foundation with a powder), as I felt then it looked too heavy and aged me. So, maybe once I buy it, I will play around more with applying it with a brush rather than my fingers (as a PP suggested), and maybe a different translucent powder (though I've always had luck with Rimmel's Stay Matte). I also liked that I didn't feel this foundation bothered my skin- it was not sensitive to it, didn't itch, didn't seem to break me out. I am very much considering picking this one up soon, once I run out of my typical Holy Grail, Dior Forever. I do recommend this foundation to someone looking for a skin-like finish in a medium-full coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It's one of my go to's when I want full coverage. It still looks like skin yet covers any skin discoloration or blemishes. I don't even need concealer when I use it. The finish is pretty- not too matte and not too dewy. It's a true satin finish. I'm on my 3rd bottle- I obviously love it.