Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.1

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This foundation applies to your skin wonderfully. They have a variation of different shades , the foundation is creamy and blends very well. My only concern is, I have somewhat oily skin. This foundation looks Amazing on my skin for about 3 hours, but after about four hours my skin looks Extremely greasy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this foundation to anyone who suffers from dry skin. Great foundation , just doesn't go well with the texture of my skin.

on 4/18/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was in love with this but after a few uses I realized how horrible it is. It might be the only foundation that matches me perfect but it never dries on the skin so its wet and slides around all day. It looks cakey and just refuses to melt into my skin. It shows every single bit of texture in my skin, it's just ridiculous. I have tried applying it about 10 different ways to get it to work and the only thing that makes it come close to working is mixing it with my cover girl foundation and adding a drop of jojoba oil. And even then it worked some days but not everyday. I am so over this product.

on 3/22/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this once before they came out with more shades, and the shade closest to me was too dark and the wrong undertones (golden- pink undertones). Then I bought it again (in the shade Sand- medium tan w/ golden undertones) when they released new shades, and I think I'm just too oily with it.

I always buy foundations with yellow/golden undertones but wow this one is just too yellow. I want to try mixing it with my wnw photofocus just to use it up but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 3/15/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a three sample pack from a Sephora order it came with 3 shades, Vanilla, Light Beige and Sand. I opened Sand first because of my yellow undertone, and I wear Sand (winter) or Rattan mixed in summer with ELDW... it was super dark and orange so I opened Vanilla to try to tone it down, this was also dark just a bit less but still orange, thought BEIGE would be better, nope orange! Maybe it was the samples but they are all ORANGE, I mixed the shades together to test on my face while I was at home (so I didn't look like an oompa in public).

I applied with a brush and then set with a beauty blender and loose powder... once it was on my skin it blended better and didn't look as orange, but still, it was not yellow enough for me.. This was at about 5pm but by 9pm I was super oily. I won't purchase or retest as I didn't like the wear of the foundation or the shades.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this foundation, as much as I wanted it to work...it`s a failure for oily skin. It is the first High End foundation I bought and since I didn`t know any better, I assumed it was the best out there; until I came across Estee Lauder Double Wear. It has a flawless coverage, it gives the skin a healthy glow and conceals any (minor) imperfections. However, after the first 2/3 hours, it becomes extremely cakey and it feels like it`s "melting" off the skin. I try to set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder, Mac Studio Fix Powder, nothing. Once the oil breaks through the skin, the entire face is ruined.
It`s still a beautiful foundation, and I try to wear it only when I know I won`t be outside for too long.
My shade is Porcelain and it complements my fair skin like no other foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The shade pearl was a perfect match for me, I usually struggle with foundations oxidising weirdly on my skin, it didn't happen with this one, it didn't broke me out either. it is a bit pricey but totally worth it. the undertones are somewhat yellow but it still works for me and it goes well with my chanel concealer (a lot of foundations make it crease when I put over them)

on 4/10/2017 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have pretty oily skin especially my tzone and this looked amazing when i first applied it, definitely full coverage. But it only lasted me about 5-6 hours and by then it was super patchy everywhere. Super disappointed.

on 3/30/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hands down best foundation I've tried! I achieve a perfect flawless coverage every time I use it! This is a good product if your after full coverage. I'd defiantly recommend this product and I'll be repurchasing it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I do like this foundation - and would rate it much higher were it not for its extreme yellow tones in the fair shades.. Snow is probably my closest match..but I also wear porcelain if I want to "boost" my color and have a day where I must do a quick makeup without much else face-wise (no time for contour/bronzer). But, the reality is that with both Snow and Porcelain, although they are advertised for fair skin with cool undertones, in actual use they are both just sooooooo yellow that they kinda instantly kill my natural glow and unfortunately give a sallowness that I have to counter-act with cool toned powder and blush..
Now in ALL other aspects I really love and enjoy this foundation..just wish Too Faced would recognize that Fair does not categorically equal yellow, and that whatever they *saying* suits cool undertones, actually *would* suit cool undertones... many fair skinned customers are fair and ROSY and look their best with rose/ivory foundation not yellow/ivory!!

on 2/11/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the foundation I regularly use. I have oily skin, so I was looking for something full coverage with a mostly matte finish.
I found that it matched my skin tone almost perfectly, which is great as I have beige undertoned skin, and it's rather difficult for me to find a match that isn't orange. It doesn't oxidize, which is a huge plus. One layer did it. It's best applied with a foundation brush and then blended out with a beauty blender sponge. Don't use your fingers; you will not achieve a good look if you do that and you'll likely use 2-3 times the product. Use the sponge / brush.
It sets well with a transluscent powder and lasts all day. I find the look heavy to natural, which is what I like.
It is pricey, but honestly, you will use it slowly so it's worth the pricetag. It doesn't cause breakouts for me.