Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.1

on 1/8/2019 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprised that it doesn't have a higher rating. This is currently my go to foundation in the winter. There's good coverage without being drying and the finish is very natural. I am a NC 25 in MAC, Asian skin with neutral undertones, and find Vanilla to be a good match. I was matched to Warm Nude at first but I find that it oxidizes a bit so Vanilla is actually better. No complaints about the packaging. Pricier but worth it imo.

on 12/20/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i loved this some days and other days i hated how oily it would make me at the end of the day. the finish is so beautiful but the wear time sucked :(. super natural but covers like a dream.

Looks like glowing skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

on 3/22/2018 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My oily skin girls, STEP AWAY from the foundation sisters. Don’t even glance at this, it will stay on for a cool hour and look beautiful. Then after that, your hopes and dreams will die. The foundation will melt off and you’ll look like you set your foundation with Pam. It’s a no go for me

on 3/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

I returned it. I was told by sales person at sephora it’s a good foundation for dry skin. Applied it looks like it’s floating on my skin. I moisturized as always then applied with a damp beauty blender. Looked terrible, my skin looked better without foundation compared to with it on. Exchanged it for Nars sheer glow and love it.

on 1/12/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an average foundation average price and bottle. Nothing outstanding about it for me it's meant to be full coverage but there's other brands out there like Kat Von D and YSL which do a better job. Wouldn't buy again not a bad product but equally not wow amazing either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been testing this out for awhile now and have a few thoughts. The positive--great coverage level, it's advertised as medium to full coverage which I agree with. Does a great job of providing coverage that looks natural and not cakey at all. Lots of shades, I like the pump packaging and frosted glass bottle. I think it really does a great job of blurring pores and making them less noticeable which I can't say for many foundations. Great application overall. Negatives--this became extremely oily on me after a short period of time. The fountain separates and looks obvious after that point. Doesn't hold up well after blotting the oil off and even after blotting and repowdering it was greasy again after a short period of time. Might be good to wear if only going out for a few hours. I'm going to play with it more to see if it behaves better with some foundations I have that are TOO matte and see if they can balance each other out. Don't recommend for those of us with oily complexions because it won't hold up.

on 11/2/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation for my acne prone skin and I would not recommend it to anyone dealing with dry or acne-prone skin. It is quite cakey which was expected due to it's "full coverage". However, it dries out my skin so easily and is not worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Finish - Natural, neither too dewy nor too matte.

Coverage - Medium

Staying power - Poor. After just a few hours, the foundation breaks up and looks patchy. Also made me look oily. Some parts had started to fade leading to little to no coverage.

Would not repurchase nor recommend.