Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

on 7/25/2018 11:34:00 AM

I wouldn’t say that this foundation is bad, BUT! I loved its formula, I loved its coverage and how it feels like nothing on skin(this foundation is medium to full coverage), it’s just that I got oily pretty quickly. So I like to take my pressed powder with me.. I will highly recommend it for people with dry skin.

Thank you.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product might be my holy grail. When you put it on it conceals your pores and makes your skin just look like natural skin. @ravenbrazilmakeup

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whenever I wear this foundation I feel like my skin just doesn't look healthy at all. This foundation makes my skin look super cakey, orange and streaky because of the undertones of the foundation. I prefer foundations that are lighter coverage and enhance my skin rather than just slapping on some cakey orange make-up and making my skin look too artificial. This is a no from me and I would imagine that this foundation would not be good for oily skins because I'm combination with an oily t-zone and chin and this made my skin look pretty greasy after a few hours. It's a no from me.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/11/2018 1:55:00 PM

The pricing is ok for a highend company.
This foundation didn´t blow my mind but it isn´t as bad as the other reviews says.

You cant´t apply this with your hands because it feels just dry and wierd. I apply this first with a brush and then a sponge then it melt in to my skin.
A plus for me is that this is my closest foundation shade, mine is in the shade snow.
And an other tip is to moisturize good before for those who have dryer skin and the other way around for oily skin (Just apply a little i mean).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely foundation but isn't one that lasts the day. If you have relatively good skin I think this would look beautiful. I don't have bad skin by any means, but it does pick up texture and break down in the t-zone towards the end of the day. While the coverage is build-able I don't feel it's on par with something like estee lauder double wear. If you were wearing this of an evening I think it would be great but wouldn't count on it for a full day of work.

Pros:

- Beautiful luxurious packaging.
- Easy to apply, blends seamlessly.
- Natural looking medium coverage.
- Does blur pores and imperfections.

Cons:

-Staying powder
- Begins to become slightly shiny transfer after around 5 hours of wear.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My absolute favorite foundation since it First came out. Makes my skin look flawless. I use shape tape concealer (I dislike the Born this way concealer). Beautiful!