Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

well whattaya know... the hype is real for this one.
I usually am weary and cautious of beauty products that I feel just tend to get “bandwagon” hype and reviews. There’s been a few products in the past that people go nuts about and I don’t see the bells and whistles to go ga ga over it but based off of 2 samples that lasted me about 4 tries I am pretty impressed. It went on and spread like a dream with my KVD foundation brush and covered all of my acne scars, redness and inconsistencies nicely without having to cake it on and looked so natural and made me look flawless. No dryness or oily spots just porcelain doll like skin.. After application I couldn’t help but think “well damn..” the reviews i’ve seen weren’t just beefed up.. like i said I had enough to keep giving it a few more times to really come to a fair review and I love the way it wore all day. No need for blotting which I liked. I have combo skin/sensitive skin and it never irritated my skin or made it dry or oily. I wouldn’t say HG just yet but it’s definitely a good one. However, for more oily skin and for summertime wear i’m not so sure if it would be that great but for wintertime wear this stuff is the real deal. I might take the dive and buy a whole bottle to wear for special ocassions or nights out. Good job TF!

on 12/12/2018 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing! I get the hype!
First of all I got off of the new shades created by Jackie Aina, which is “Praline”- If this never existed I wouldn’t have had the chance to even try it. It’s a perfect match!

Consistency is thick and creamy, gives immediate coverage (better with a brush- not a sponge), blurs pores, provides a beautiful natural finish!. It looks even and I don’t have trouble blending any other liquid products on top. It doesn’t cling to peachfuzz, doesn’t break me out, doesn’t separate on my face and it doesn’t matter what primer I use. It gives a little flashback, nothing crazy but I am a brown girl. The difference in shade is noticeable but it’s workable. It is longwearing, I get no smile lines (but I do use a really good powder on top) and yeah it’s flawless.

Is it my perfect foundation? Not really
During the winter I can use it because it’s hydrating but as ya getting warmer lately I’ve been getting more oily and I don’t change my prep routine since it’s perfect, I know it’s the foundation. And I’ve noticed it needs a lot of powder to sit well and not separate or slide down my face. And it’s not helping the texture on my skin.. it’s been workable for a while but for now I don’t know. It’s best when i mix it in with other products. These are basically the reasons I will not buy it again- texture and oil.

If you have combination or dry skin with minimal texture it was meant for you!

I love the coverage and consistency of this product. it's hard to describe but it feels "cushion-y as I apply it on my skin. It has a pump dispenser that allows me to dispense small amounts at a time and I hope I'll be able to get every drop out of the bottle but we'll see. I have a lot of age spots from sun damage and it covers them so well without feeling heavy or looking like a mask. Love, love, love it!

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

on 7/25/2018 11:34:00 AM

I wouldn’t say that this foundation is bad, BUT! I loved its formula, I loved its coverage and how it feels like nothing on skin(this foundation is medium to full coverage), it’s just that I got oily pretty quickly. So I like to take my pressed powder with me.. I will highly recommend it for people with dry skin.

Thank you.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product might be my holy grail. When you put it on it conceals your pores and makes your skin just look like natural skin. @ravenbrazilmakeup

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whenever I wear this foundation I feel like my skin just doesn't look healthy at all. This foundation makes my skin look super cakey, orange and streaky because of the undertones of the foundation. I prefer foundations that are lighter coverage and enhance my skin rather than just slapping on some cakey orange make-up and making my skin look too artificial. This is a no from me and I would imagine that this foundation would not be good for oily skins because I'm combination with an oily t-zone and chin and this made my skin look pretty greasy after a few hours. It's a no from me.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.