Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 11/11/2018 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good foundation for very dry, flaky, mature skin. I'd been wanting to try it forever, and when i finally did, i was sadly disappointed. Firstly, i'm surprised they claim it's "undetectable" because it definitely looked like foundation sitting on my skin. Second, they say it has a radiant finish, but on me it was satin, almost matte actually. Finally, they say it is full coverage (on Sephora's site at least), but on me it was definitely medium coverage (I could still slightly see all my sunspots). It's very thick, and also too yellow (i got the color Porcelain, which is described as "very fair w/ neutral undertones", and i usually wear NC18/N18 in MAC, but it was also a little too dark). I tried applying it with several methods too: fingers, brush, damp beauty blender, as well as tried it with different primers underneath (Milk Blur Stick, and Too Faced Hangover Rx), but nothing made a difference, it just didn't look good on my skin. It exacerbated all my dry patches, texture issues, and pores. It didn't really make my face feel dry or dehydrated though. It would probably be a nice foundation for oily or normal skin.

on 9/21/2018 2:13:00 PM

Nothing special about this at all. Doesn't last that long on the face. Not terrible but no longer than a drugstore foundation would. Nothing overly nice about the finish. It's just ok. If it was a cheap drugstore foundation I'd say fair enough but for £30 I think you could find something better. Sinks into fine lines a little too. Wouldn't repurchase but don't hate it.

on 7/15/2018 8:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. I have been searching for the perfect foundation. To say I am picky is an understatement. I am extremely picky. I need skin like, skin beautifying, skin perfecting, pore perfecting, luminous finish without falling off....see my dilemma? So to say La Mer, GA, TF, Fenty, ELDW, Lancome, Dior etc. etc. I can only say if you are like me and want your skin to look hydrated, smooth, not foundation like, then this is your jam. I only discovered this b/c of the new released concealer. I never paid any attention to this baby. I am a bit of a foundation snob you could say. In any case, this is flawless. I am beyond happy. And I know, can it be that good? Like in a sea of foundations? Yes it's that good. Try it. BTW, I am combo (more on dry side these days), mature, skin needs ALL the help it can possibly get!

i have this in snow, and the color match is close (which is hard cause im ghostly pale) but, it just doesnt blend into the skin nicely. I think of this was a more radiant and glowy foundation i would like it more. As it is its more of a matte finish and it actually looks very bad on my nose. i wanted to like it. :(

on 7/6/2018 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So when this foundation came out I didn't give it a second thought since they didn't even bother making this in my color. However after severe backlash, they decided to expand their color selection and I thought "why not?" Surprisingly I REALLY like this foundation! Surprisingly because I prefer my foundation to be very matte with full coverage. Born This Way is the exact opposite. It gives you a slight dewy luminous look without looking greasy. It's lightweight and you can actually see your skin underneath. This foundation is excellent for those hot humid summer days and I suspect it will be good for the cooler months when you're not in the mood for that heavy flawless look.

I'm glad that Too Faced listened to their audience and expanded their color choices. It's 2018! No excuses for NOT having a diverse color selection.

on 6/5/2018 12:02:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it lasts all day, makes your skin looks flawless BUT it breaks me out. I have a very sensitive skin and I wear nothing but Clinique foundations but I really wanted to try this one out.

on 5/19/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad but it didn't work out for me. It didn't blend well into my skin at all and looked very unnatural. I have tried application with 2 different brushes and a beauty blender. Besides the fact that it oxidized and I tested out 3 different colors, even if color wasn't an issue, you can see that you are wearing foundation.To the touch it felt like slightly rubbery, the best way I can describe it lol.

on 4/9/2018 8:33:00 PM

I have dry/ance prone skin. Once I saw the claims of the foundation and an actual match for fair skin (which is rare), I was instantly intrigued in this product. I thought I would splurge for this foundation if it really did what it claimed. $39.00 is the most I have even bought for a foundation, and I would not buy this product again. I tried apply this foundation with different techniques, different primes, different setting techniques and at the end of the day, the product still looked awful on my skin. This foundation moved around my skins throughout the day, even after setting. I would scratch my face and then foundation would instantly rub off/move around. Also, even after one layer of foundation, I found that my skin looked even more dry and cakey. I would NOT consider spending that much money on this foundation again.

on 4/3/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't see anything special about this foundation. It gives me a nice sheer coverage but it's nothing better than my maybelline fit me. Way over-priced for the quality.

on 3/13/2018 1:44:00 PM

Dreadful on my mild seborrheic dermatitis. Clinged to dry patches I didn't know I had. I did an AHA peel the night before which usually makes foundation apply well, but this made me look like I've never heard of exfoliation. The name Born This Way is accurate as this foundation takes me back to my cradle cap days. Skip this if you have texture and dry patches.

The shade Swan was a bit too dark and pink on my NC10 skin. It dried down to a satin matte. Definitely not a healthy, luminous glow. Coverage was a light medium and covered my redness but not my darker freckles/acne scarring.

Moisturized with Cerave in a jar, used a tiny amount of Nyx Photo-Loving Primer on t-zone, and applied with fingers. Bathing in Mac Fix+ didn't help at all.