Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.5

on 11/30/2018 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is nice although it isn’t my favourite. I’m still looking for a go to foundation. It is pretty nice overall and it has great buildable coverage from medium to full and it’s feels lightweight. It works great with dry skin bc mine is really dry. Not bad I would recommend but I feel like there’s better foundations than this. Not the best or the worst.

on 9/4/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has moderate to full coverage, has a very creamy not drying texture, that gives me a near flawless look. It doesn't crease in my fine lines & stays on all day. I first use a primer then put this on then finish it off with a setting spray. I have tried countless foundations & from now on this is my new love. A must try for anyone who is in search for a new foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The shade range is a joke here, everything is so yellow and there are no pink toned or Truely fair shades. Even swan is yellow.
I am glad to hear they are adding cloud to be a true fair pinked tone shade and several deep shades so I will repurchase cloud to try it.
The formula is hydrating and gel like but never sets down and will transfer. It just sets on skin instead of blending in..
It feels heavy on the skin but lays well over patches and is medium coverage
I am 0cr in Dior backstage, NW10 in Mac, hourglass vanish stick in alabastaer, br10 in YSL, 3.75 in luminous silk but 2 works too, the lightest shade in L’Oréal infallible pro glow, porcelain 0.5 in tom Ford, beige rose in Chanel, shade 1 in Charlotte tilbury, R230 in MUFE- If you are a similar pink toned shade do not go for swan or snow, wait for cloud because they will not match you.

So yellow, and they oxidise down more yellow.

on 11/14/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i really have high hopes and expectation for this foundation
but it didnt work out for me
it applied beautifully on the first application.it has this medium to buildable coverage i would say
it looks good but it doesnt look like im wearing nothing on my skin.you can definately tell.
the worst part about this foundation is that it seperates on my skin within 2 hours.
mind you that i live in a very humid hot country so this is pretty normal but my other foundation didint do that.
i even set my face with laura mercier translucent powder.
so i tried it out again in london during winter.and i was in the mall for the whole day but guess what?
it seperates on me on looks very very oily all over my face.i just dont get why.it just dosent sit well on my skin i guess eventough i have very very dry ski.but the longevity is a no no/this is by far the worst one ive tried.wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this foundation, its perfect for dry skin and so easy to blend out. Covers imperfections and leaves a lovely dewy finish. Onmy third bottle!

on 6/29/2017 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. I liked the colour match (Pearl) and I loved it on the MUA who served me. She had great coverage. I have very dry skin and it oxidises and wears off patchily, and looks especially bad on my nose, which is random. I tried a few primers but no success. This seems to be a foundation with really inconsistent results for people, so try a sample first.

on 6/13/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin, and my biggest concern is flaking on the sides and bridge of my nose, which interferes with my foundation application. To be honest, this one of those products that Youtube made me buy, especially after I got to know that Too Faced released tons of new shades for this one. I have particularly pale Asian skin and my shade matches usually match with Thataylaa on Youtube, and this particular foundation in Snow turned out to be a lovely match for me. Although this does oxidise a little on my skin (I know because I use the back of my hand as a "palette" and after a while the spot turns pink), it's still a plausible shade match for me after hours of wear. I don't like to use a setting powder for my more dewy foundations, and without one this has a satin finish on my skin, doesn't emphasise my flakiness, doesn't sit into fine lines and actually looks pretty flawless after my average 9-10 hours of wear, which I am super impressed by because hey I didn't set this with no powder. The pump is beautiful, coverage is indeed medium to full, but I like to use a spot concealer if I need to cover up any huge blemishes becase I am not a fan of layering my foundation.

Initially I used a drugstore blending sponge with this and it just wasn't working too well for me and I was pretty darn upset because this was an investment for me, it's $60 here in Singapore. And then I realised my mistake; I then invested in a Sigma F80 and that has MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE and I have never looked back since. Also at the same time I bought a deluxe size of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water and it's been my favourite primer to use with this foundation so far. I like to spray my brush with it before I go in with the foundation as well, really helps smoothen out the application.

I was pleased to find out this contains Hyaluronic Acid, and truth be told my skin has cleared up a little bit in the past month of using this foundation. This worked better than GA Luminous Silk for me, so yes I would be repurchasing this once I'm out.

on 5/11/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I might consider wearing this for special occasions/short periods of time... but for every day it is a no go for me. I have very dry skin, and heard this would be a good option for me. I love the packaging; beautiful frosted glass and a pump. I also love that a little bit goes a long way. You can pretty much take a passing glance at the bottle and have medium to full coverage.

The initial finish is beautiful, semi dewey, healthy glow look, and the formula sets on its own in a matter of minutes, which is lovely. There is not a lot of transfer or moving around. No oxidation.

But after 5 hours or so, it clings to dry patches (especially on my chin) like crazy.... but in a weird way, like it keeps its semi dewey finish ON the dry patches which is very... not cute. And on the rest of my face, it looked very mask like, especially in certain lightings. It is not really something that can be touched up at that point, so I can either remove my foundation at lunch and reapply it, or go the rest of the day looking like I have a strange skin disease. Mostly I just tried to keep people from standing too close to me so maybe they won't notice.

After this happened the first time, I tried using a Too Faced primer with it (Hangover RX), same situation. I also tried on various days: no primer, Hourglass mineral veil primer, Smashbox primer, changing my moisturizers (and I always moisturize under foundation), mixing Argan oil in with it, using a setting powder (I don't usually powder), using a pressed powder,... nothing helped. In all fairness to Too Faced, I have very dry skin, so maybe it's my face's fault.

Another gripe... their lightest color Snow is very yellow and not quite light enough. It was workable with blending down the neck, but still not ideal for cool toned pale folks.

Really sad I couldn't make this work. I might still use it on a date night, where it doesn't need to last all day... ultimately will probably not repurchase, though.

on 4/17/2017 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this foundation, it gives me a flawless look and doesn't cake or feel heavy. I am between the shades of Vanilla and Nude so I bought both and mix them (Vanilla is just a tad too yellow by itself). I apply with a damp Beauty Blender, which gives me a better finish than using a brush. My skin was always so horribly dry and flakey, so the last few years I have really concentrated on my skincare regime. So nowadays, I actually get a little oily in my t-zone. Because of this, a few hours of wearing Born This Way will begin to look a little shiney on me. This doesn't bother me too much though, I just use a pressed powder and it looks wonderful again. The only downfall would be that it can be fussy with certain primers (in my experience the Smashbox Photo Finish / Pore Minimizing primer). For the Aussies, it sits really nicely over the Mecca SPF 50+ sunscreen which also acts as a primer. A little pricey, but obviously worth it since I've bought two!

on 1/2/2017 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I heard many reviews rave about this especially for dry skin people like myself. I am in the shade vanilla- I wouldn't say it's perfect match but it comes pretty close to my skin tone. there seems to be a wide selection of shades to props to too faced for doing that. I don't hate this foundation but neither do I love it. Comparing it to a drugstore foundation, Maybelline Fit Me for dry skin, I would prefer the fit me foundation. I don't find it very moisturizing despite that it did give me a luminous finish. It started to cake up around my smile lines and under eyes at the 2 hour marks and clung onto the dry patches on my face at approximately one hour mark. I am not entirely sure if this claims to be long wearing, but the foundation lasted only a maximum of 4-5 hours (without primer) before it started to separate or is completely gone (I do touch my face a lot, so that might be a factor). with a primer (I use the Marc jacobs coconut primer or Mac fix +), it lasts about 7 hours if I set it with a spray (urban decay all nighter, Mac fix + or caudelie grape water)