Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

2.9

on 10/12/2018 12:26:00 AM

I like this a lot. The colors are quite glowy and when applied with a good brush it makes my skin look beautiful. A little expensive but I would repurchase!

on 11/3/2017 8:42:00 PM

This was disappointing. It made my skin look dry.. and I have oily skin. Also, it has lots of tiny relfects/glitters!! I couldn't believe it, I though maybe my highlighter had gotten on places it shouldn't, but I my highlighter doesnt even have glitter. So I knew it was the foundation. Terrible idea. So the combination of they dryness and the glitters made me look like a hot mess. Also, wear was not great. It looked pretty broken up by the end of the day. Save your money and pass on this one.
Also, for those who are acne prone, this contains a highly comedogenic ingredient. I always check the list of ingredients on acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/ .

on 10/8/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Nothing special stood out to me about this one. There are drugstore foundations I like better.

on 5/6/2017 10:14:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation so bad!! The formula is pretty great, and it gives you a definite healthy glow. It applies beautifully and evenly (although it definitely isn't undetectable as it claims to be)...However... the colors are just so terrible oh my god. I'm an nc30-nc35 and every shade I've tried darkens 2-3 shades an hour later. I've tried 3 different ones now - all recommendations for a match of my skin. They all oxidize so badly to a deep orange color. I swatched on my face and my arm and both oxidized really badly. I tried all the tips to prevent foundation oxidization and none worked. I haven't had issues with oiliness (I highly recommend nyx no filter powder - a great dupe for mac mineralize skinfinish) but the oxidization is just atrocious. I've never used a foundation that oxidizes as much as this one (and I've tried a LOT). If you don't mind a little oxidization I definitely recommend this though. When first applied it looks really dreamy. Makes my skin look even, glowy, fresh and healthy.

on 10/28/2016 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There's been so much hype surrounding this foundation so I finally caved and picked up samples on my last trip to Sephora. I tried 3 different shades and honestly I wasn't really satisfied with any of them. The shade range runs darker than most other foundation lines and I found the shades for yellow/golden undertones to run waaaaay too yellow. I tested it out for about a week without primer and with primer (Too Faced Hangover Primer) and found the results to be about the same.

PROS:

- Gives a nice finish to the skin, I would say it's a demi-matte that still provides luminosity
- Applied evenly and easily (with both a brush and a damp BB)
- Gives a solid medium coverage
- The bottle is nice and it has a pump

CONS:

- Clings to and emphasizes dry patches like crazy (even with moisturizer and primer)
- As the day wore on it was literally flaking off my skin
- Not buildable
- Is not long lasting, it separated on my nose, chin and forehead and started to fade and look patchy after 5-6 hours of wear
- Cakey looking, which just got worse throughout the day. The longer I had it on the more unnatural it looked

Overall, I did not end up purchasing this and would not recommend to anyone with dry skin. I honestly couldn't wait to go home and get this off my face, it was that uncomfortable to wear by the end of the night. It looked great right after application but after that it just became very unflattering.

on 10/22/2016 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A really good foundation with very good coverage. It does happen to be a bit yellow with my vanilla shade but blends in like a babe with my damp beauty blender. A little really does go a long way and even half a pump is good enough for me to apply onto the whole face as what I've realised. If you put too much on, it'll just start looking cakey and just not very pleasent. I can get a bit oily sometimes so it's good to set it with a translucent powder. Other than that, no complaints because I can even wear this to the gym with lots of sweating and it'll still look amazing. And it does well with my big pores, I don't use a primer. Just a bit of water-based sunblock!

on 8/17/2016 7:56:00 AM

this is by far one of THE WORST foundations I've ever used!
the packaging was amazing, but the coverage and the overall wear of this foundation was horrible. transferred so easily, it was extremely sticky and runny and basically came off within a few hours. I originally thought I just had a bad batch so I took it back and even got a lighter colour but had the same outcome unfortunately. I tried this foundation with and without several primers which did not make a difference and I also have combination skin. for $58 you can definitely spend it elsewhere !!!

on 8/16/2016 11:57:00 AM

I got the bottle from friend with sensitive skin. I tried it with many powders and it was a mess. I am using it up with only combo I found that works: Clinique city block+This foundation+ nars powder on top. I don't like city block too but have full bottle and in this combo it actually looks fine. Hope it helps those who have non returnable bottle

on 8/16/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation. So much. I have oily/combo skin and I thought this would never work for my skin type. I even went to get my sample many month and I didn't like it at all, because I

I wanted to love this foundation so bad! I tried it countless times but every time ended up having the same results, a beyond cakey looking face. I know a lot of people love this foundation and I really wanted to be one of those people, however after trying and trying I wound up giving it to a friend.