Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

2.9

on 10/12/2018 12:26:00 AM

I like this a lot. The colors are quite glowy and when applied with a good brush it makes my skin look beautiful. A little expensive but I would repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

on 11/3/2017 8:42:00 PM

This was disappointing. It made my skin look dry.. and I have oily skin. Also, it has lots of tiny relfects/glitters!! I couldn't believe it, I though maybe my highlighter had gotten on places it shouldn't, but I my highlighter doesnt even have glitter. So I knew it was the foundation. Terrible idea. So the combination of they dryness and the glitters made me look like a hot mess. Also, wear was not great. It looked pretty broken up by the end of the day. Save your money and pass on this one.
Also, for those who are acne prone, this contains a highly comedogenic ingredient. I always check the list of ingredients on acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/ .

on 10/8/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Nothing special stood out to me about this one. There are drugstore foundations I like better.

on 5/18/2017 3:51:00 PM

I wanted to like this foundation. I absolutely loved the Too Faced BB cream which they discontinued, so I tried this with great hope. It's ok but not my favorite. I haven't thrown it away but I always reach for my other foundations. It's heavy, doesn't last. Not awful, but there are many better ones out there.

on 5/6/2017 10:14:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation so bad!! The formula is pretty great, and it gives you a definite healthy glow. It applies beautifully and evenly (although it definitely isn't undetectable as it claims to be)...However... the colors are just so terrible oh my god. I'm an nc30-nc35 and every shade I've tried darkens 2-3 shades an hour later. I've tried 3 different ones now - all recommendations for a match of my skin. They all oxidize so badly to a deep orange color. I swatched on my face and my arm and both oxidized really badly. I tried all the tips to prevent foundation oxidization and none worked. I haven't had issues with oiliness (I highly recommend nyx no filter powder - a great dupe for mac mineralize skinfinish) but the oxidization is just atrocious. I've never used a foundation that oxidizes as much as this one (and I've tried a LOT). If you don't mind a little oxidization I definitely recommend this though. When first applied it looks really dreamy. Makes my skin look even, glowy, fresh and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is a weird one. You can't just put dots on the face and blend out, because you will still end up having those dots on your face because it doesn't blend well. You have to put it on your brush and blend from there. Also the coverage is medium to full, which is a little bit too much for me, as I only have some redness on my face. And this is definitely not for oily skin, you need a good primer and powder to use with it as it doesn't control oil well.

on 8/17/2016 7:56:00 AM

this is by far one of THE WORST foundations I've ever used!
the packaging was amazing, but the coverage and the overall wear of this foundation was horrible. transferred so easily, it was extremely sticky and runny and basically came off within a few hours. I originally thought I just had a bad batch so I took it back and even got a lighter colour but had the same outcome unfortunately. I tried this foundation with and without several primers which did not make a difference and I also have combination skin. for $58 you can definitely spend it elsewhere !!!

on 8/16/2016 11:57:00 AM

I got the bottle from friend with sensitive skin. I tried it with many powders and it was a mess. I am using it up with only combo I found that works: Clinique city block+This foundation+ nars powder on top. I don't like city block too but have full bottle and in this combo it actually looks fine. Hope it helps those who have non returnable bottle

I wanted to love this foundation so bad! I tried it countless times but every time ended up having the same results, a beyond cakey looking face. I know a lot of people love this foundation and I really wanted to be one of those people, however after trying and trying I wound up giving it to a friend.