Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have combination skin that leans a little more on the oily side, though I do get dry patches on certain areas of my faces at times (mostly my cheeks and around the edges of my mouth). I am also very acne-prone and get whiteheads easily if I wear makeup for even just an hour longer than I probably should. I also have pretty textured skin on my cheeks due to acne scarring over the years, so a pore-filling primer is essential for me.

This is very liquidy but blends very easily into the skin, whether I'm using a brush or a sponge. But it doesn't really help with hiding my textured skin (which is why I have to rely on a good primer). It's currently winter, so my skin is a lighter medium shade with neutral-to-yellowish undertones. I'm not the best at shade matching, so I had an ulta-artist match me and she gave me the shade Light Beige (I generally end up wearing foundations with "beige" in the shade title). Applying it to my skin, it seems just a little light but when it interacts with my natural oils throughout the day, it oxidizes, but not to the point that I'm completely orange by the end of the day.

Coverage-wise, I would say it's medium, but buildable. I color-correct dark areas of my face (under eyes and around my mouth) after primer, but before foundation, so I'm not as worried about concealing as I am about just evening out my skintone and this foundation does a pretty good job. The finish, before powder and setting spray, is somewhere between dewy and matte. Throughout the day, my skin does get oily (as expected) and so I have to blot my skin. I don't find this to become particularly cakey nor does it snatch onto any dry patches I might have, so for having combination skin, this is a pretty great formula. I think this could potentially be a good all-year-round foundation for me, so I may need to go back and get shade-matched when my skin is tanner.

on 3/6/2019 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's over rated. It sits on your skin. It makes you look dry. I actually returned it. It's just NOT good I use mary kay cc cream and it's amazing. I was really bummed out about this with them. Not to mention my boyfriend asked me "whats wrong with your pores"??? i was shocked, so i took it off tried again time after time and same thing! its not good nice try too dace but no. OHH THERES A NEW ONE OUT CALLED HEY HONEY CC CREAM MADE OUT OF SARASOTA FL. ITS SOOOOO GREAT!!!!!! TRY IT PEOPLE!!!! I LOVE IT!

I hate this foundation. It doesn't blend properly, it just sits on my skin. After a few hours it looks flaky, even when my skin is prepped and moisturised beforehand. Do not recommend.

on 1/21/2019 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The foundation provides excellent coverage and is a velvet matte finish; it isn’t flat or overly drying. It is a little heavy looking in my opinion as I prefer dewier skin, but that is just my personal preference. It lasts very well, but I do need to hydrate well or it can look a little dry in areas like the crevices around my nose after a full day’s worth of wear.

on 1/8/2019 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprised that it doesn't have a higher rating. This is currently my go to foundation in the winter. There's good coverage without being drying and the finish is very natural. I am a NC 25 in MAC, Asian skin with neutral undertones, and find Vanilla to be a good match. I was matched to Warm Nude at first but I find that it oxidizes a bit so Vanilla is actually better. No complaints about the packaging. Pricier but worth it imo.

well whattaya know... the hype is real for this one.
I usually am weary and cautious of beauty products that I feel just tend to get “bandwagon” hype and reviews. There’s been a few products in the past that people go nuts about and I don’t see the bells and whistles to go ga ga over it but based off of 2 samples that lasted me about 4 tries I am pretty impressed. It went on and spread like a dream with my KVD foundation brush and covered all of my acne scars, redness and inconsistencies nicely without having to cake it on and looked so natural and made me look flawless. No dryness or oily spots just porcelain doll like skin.. After application I couldn’t help but think “well damn..” the reviews i’ve seen weren’t just beefed up.. like i said I had enough to keep giving it a few more times to really come to a fair review and I love the way it wore all day. No need for blotting which I liked. I have combo skin/sensitive skin and it never irritated my skin or made it dry or oily. I wouldn’t say HG just yet but it’s definitely a good one. However, for more oily skin and for summertime wear i’m not so sure if it would be that great but for wintertime wear this stuff is the real deal. I might take the dive and buy a whole bottle to wear for special ocassions or nights out. Good job TF!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn’t like this because it made me Sooo oily!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I’m not sure of this product would be at the top of my go to list, but I would likely buy it again. See an in depth video review if brûlée and chai here.

on 12/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My foundation shade is nc15-20, revlon 150 buff, kat von d in 43 light.
This is slightly more neutral for my skin tone. I use this in snow and it's apparently the best shade match.
Coverage wise it is considered medium to full and it gives the most skin like finish. Probably the most natural higher coverage foundation I've ever used. Doesn't stay on for 12 or 16 hours in hot humid weather but definitely can last 8ish maybe? Does clings a little to dry patches but nothing too serious.

on 12/20/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i loved this some days and other days i hated how oily it would make me at the end of the day. the finish is so beautiful but the wear time sucked :(. super natural but covers like a dream.