Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

on 11/11/2018 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good foundation for very dry, flaky, mature skin. I'd been wanting to try it forever, and when i finally did, i was sadly disappointed. Firstly, i'm surprised they claim it's "undetectable" because it definitely looked like foundation sitting on my skin. Second, they say it has a radiant finish, but on me it was satin, almost matte actually. Finally, they say it is full coverage (on Sephora's site at least), but on me it was definitely medium coverage (I could still slightly see all my sunspots). It's very thick, and also too yellow (i got the color Porcelain, which is described as "very fair w/ neutral undertones", and i usually wear NC18/N18 in MAC, but it was also a little too dark). I tried applying it with several methods too: fingers, brush, damp beauty blender, as well as tried it with different primers underneath (Milk Blur Stick, and Too Faced Hangover Rx), but nothing made a difference, it just didn't look good on my skin. It exacerbated all my dry patches, texture issues, and pores. It didn't really make my face feel dry or dehydrated though. It would probably be a nice foundation for oily or normal skin.

on 11/1/2018 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you are oily skin type of a girl... run away from this. I couldn`t make it look nice on my skin when first applied it, it was patchy and it didn`t blend well. But still I left it untill the end of the day, because I wanted to see how it wears on my skin. After a couple hours I had to erase my make up with make up wipe... this is how bad it was. (ps: no matter how oily I am I never erase my make up in the middle of the day) So.. I gave this foundation to a friend.

Looks like glowing skin

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

on 10/12/2018 12:26:00 AM

I like this a lot. The colors are quite glowy and when applied with a good brush it makes my skin look beautiful. A little expensive but I would repurchase!

on 10/10/2018 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pricing is steep here in Australia.
Recently moved to Sydney where the climate is slightly different to Melbourne and found that this foundation somehow looks better than my Fenty foundation which was my holy grail in Melbourne. I find that in warmer weather the BTW looked better, which is unusual because the Fenty is more lightweight but ended up calling. I would say that the BTW is medium to high coverage on my oily, pink toned skin.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So
I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me.
The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results.
My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out.
Overall I grade it a B-

on 9/21/2018 2:13:00 PM

Nothing special about this at all. Doesn't last that long on the face. Not terrible but no longer than a drugstore foundation would. Nothing overly nice about the finish. It's just ok. If it was a cheap drugstore foundation I'd say fair enough but for £30 I think you could find something better. Sinks into fine lines a little too. Wouldn't repurchase but don't hate it.

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

on 9/4/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has moderate to full coverage, has a very creamy not drying texture, that gives me a near flawless look. It doesn't crease in my fine lines & stays on all day. I first use a primer then put this on then finish it off with a setting spray. I have tried countless foundations & from now on this is my new love. A must try for anyone who is in search for a new foundation.