Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have really oily skin when at work and this product is not suitable. the foundation slips n slides especially on my forehead despite using primer n powder. the shade was ok though im using ivory n the look when applied at the start of the day was great its just not worth the sgd 50 as its really not long lasting enough n I feel really ugly when it slides off my face.

on 9/30/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I ordered this after seeing Habiba Da Silva using it! I ordered it in the colour Honey. Tried it on after recieving it and it looked so grey and ashy on me! Until i thought of mixing it with my mac nc44.5. ( A very orange foundation) which made a perfect combo! I mixed both together less than half a pump for my whole face! Looks great together. Lasts for a very long time however bearing in mind i mixed it with mac. I think this is perfect for people with light/fair skin!

on 11/22/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been trying out this product for about two months now
I was really excited about this product, since there are many hype about it
The packaging is cute, and it looks like really high end.
It says on the package that the foundation has coconut water, hyaluronic acid, alpine rose in it, which are supposed to do lot of things to your skin
It retails for 39 dollars, and it comes with a great color selection.
On the package, it claims to be oil free.
For me, i have very oily skin, especially around my t-zone area, this foundation will last at maximum of 3 hrs without my tzone being shinning, which kind disappoints me, and that is after i powdered my face.
The coverage is medium, i would say.
Again, for oily skin, I do not recommend it, maybe in the winter time, but definitely not in the spring or summer. The staying power is not that good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of my most disappointing beauty purchases in 2015, I have no idea how people are saying this is lightweight and radiant(?!). I bought it because of all the bloggers raving about it, but now I'm wondering if those were just all sponsored posts :/ Or they all had relatively perfect, normal skin because that's the only skin types I can see this foundation working well on.

PROS:
- a solid medium coverage
- colour selection
- didn't break me out but skin didn't feel that great after removing makeup

CONS:
- clings to dry patches like you wouldn't believe but somehow ends up looking greasy
- gives a VERY makeup-heavy look, definitely not like you were "born this way"
- cakey af
- not buildable since it's so thick but not moisturizing (I prefer the texture of BB cushions or thinner liquid foundations)
- makes my shallow pitted acne scars look even worse & draws attention to them- thank god I've managed to get rid of most of them now
- makes enlarged pores look slightly worse
- oxidizes and makes me look like I have a weird tan in the middle of winter (looks especially orangey in natural light)

I tried using this foundation with a beauty blender, a buffing brush, a flat foundation brush, a normal sponge, and just my fingers. It looked the best (which is not saying a lot) with a damp beauty blender, but still ended up looking cakey and gross.

on 1/22/2016 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
+ Good for my dry/dehydrated winter skin. My skin has been less flaky after switching foundations!
+ Good coverage, slightly buildable. I can cover most of my hyperpigmentation in a half pump.
+ Long wearing - lasts the full 8hr work day (must add, with primer)
+ Porcelain fit my pale, but very yellow skin!
+ Applies well both with a brush and...have to say it...with fingers

Cons:
- Overall, this foundation is gorgeous on me, but not without several other makeup steps.
- It really only wears beautifully with a primer...without one, it sometimes oxidizes and becomes slightly orange or darker. It also clings more to dry spots without a primer.
- My nose gets greasy through the day with this foundation, and I have to powder or blot.

on 1/24/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is just okay. First of all it was hard finding a good color match, but I ended up picking up the color Honey. Upon first application its a little too light, but within 30 minutes the color darkens which actually worked to my advantage, but for most people it wouldn't. Overall this foundation looks natural, but only with one layer. Beyond that it starts looking cakey. I do have oily skin and this foundation definitely does not help. I have to powder my t zone pretty frequently or else I look like a greasy mess. I don't think I would buy this again just because there's other options for a natural finish which are way better like NARS sheer glow or lancome teint miracle.

I wanted to love this. I've tried applying it with brushes and beauty blenders and fingers. I've tried it on bare skin, over hydrating primers, over silicone primers, over moisturizer. I've tried setting it with powder and with setting spray.

And it just never looks good.

It looks mask-y and cakey no matter how thin a layer I use. It seems to ball up around my nose and it slides around and separates throughout the day. It seems to cling to and highlight my pores and dry patches.

I'm going to keep it because I spent a pretty penny on it and I'm holding out hope that I can find a way to use it that doesn't leave my disappointed but I definitely will never purchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite foundation that I've ever tried so far. I've oily to combination skin and this work perfectly for me. Coverage is good and a small amount works a long way. You can build up the coverage and still it will not look cakey. I'll definitely repurchase this again.

on 2/22/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. This is the only liquid foundation I have ever liked and the only liquid foundation that I feel comfortable wearing every day as it does not cause me to break out and looks super natural! It never fails to look good on my skin. I dab it on with a moist beauty blender, it goes on perfectly. I set it with my bill nye loose powder. This is one of my 2 favorite foundations, the other one being bare minerals original loose powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE, will definitely repurchase this.

Haven't used foundation in a long time because whatever I've used have always been cakey or it just didn't sit well on my face, but this thing is amazing. People have been commenting that my skin looked nice, because nobody could tell that it was foundation!!

Although it says oil-free, my forehead becomes an oil slick by afternoon (I guess cus of my combi skin). The rest of my face is ok. I don't mind though I just blot it away. And I'd rather have something moisturising than dry and flakey.

The coverage is fantastic too, I don't even have to use concealer!!

Def would repurchase!