Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.1

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So
I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me.
The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results.
My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out.
Overall I grade it a B-

on 8/23/2018 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you’re an oily girl like me, this foundation may not be worth buying, unless you don’t mind or can remember to blot every hour. The finish when first applied is a soft natural satin finish. But this foundation tends to let those oils break through almost immediately. You will be nice and greasy if you don’t powder or blot. I only use this on days I’ll only be out for a few hours. It’s not the product to reach for to wear during a long day. I love the texture and finish but odds are I won’t repurchase.

on 8/2/2018 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Not for me I have super dry sensitive skin due to some medication messed up my skin barrier I tried different primers I prep really well it didn’t dry me out which is a plus but due to skin I have horrible skin texture due to cystic acne when I was in my 20’s Anyways.......I liked the feel of it was ok but I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe and settled into suuuuuper fine lines and looked a tad crepy on my pitte scars (ugh I hate those)
I recommended this for 20 something’s with smooth skin if you have textured skin due to scars of really big pores this prob won’t be your HG foundation. Also it sunk into my scars and looked gross. But the color shade was spot on since I’m a cool toned tan person my color was golden color was perfect it’s sooooo annoying when brands don’t go passed medium with cool undertone skin.
Soooooo my whole shpiel is this is not for textured skin, thanks

on 5/19/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad but it didn't work out for me. It didn't blend well into my skin at all and looked very unnatural. I have tried application with 2 different brushes and a beauty blender. Besides the fact that it oxidized and I tested out 3 different colors, even if color wasn't an issue, you can see that you are wearing foundation.To the touch it felt like slightly rubbery, the best way I can describe it lol.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/18/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was in love with this but after a few uses I realized how horrible it is. It might be the only foundation that matches me perfect but it never dries on the skin so its wet and slides around all day. It looks cakey and just refuses to melt into my skin. It shows every single bit of texture in my skin, it's just ridiculous. I have tried applying it about 10 different ways to get it to work and the only thing that makes it come close to working is mixing it with my cover girl foundation and adding a drop of jojoba oil. And even then it worked some days but not everyday. I am so over this product.

on 3/6/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm usually a TM girl with or without concealer for most everything but my complexion has been a mess after having a baby. I have melasma on my forehead and cheeks and have been breaking out periodically . I also had the flu recently so when my anniversary came around I needed a foundation with coverage to look like a human being. I have combo skin and needed something that wouldn't make me oily and sits well over dry patches. I had gotten some samples of this foundation and the natural beige was a good match and gave great coverage without feeling heavy or looking like a makeup mask. I did use moisturizer mixed with a pump of Becca champagne pop skin perfector underneath and loved the results. Layered for full coverage this lasted 10 hours with no touch up or excess oil. With a light application it did start to fade a bit in the t-zone at the 6 hour mark. I went out and bought a FS bottle as soon as my sample ran out. I'll probably use this only when I need full coverage since that seems to be when this makeup is at its best and stick to TM for everyday wear.

In the quest to find an amazing all round foundation I had high hopes for this foundation...and I’m not disappointed! It looks beautiful! I went with the colour Golden Beige and even though this may be a little dark for the cold UK weather in November, it is certainly not so far off that I can’t wear it. Pros for me are: - Fantastic coverage without looking cakey or ‘mask like’. - Doesn’t settle into fine lines and pores, given that I am now coming to the end of my thirties, it is becoming harder and harder to find a foundation that is not targeted for ‘mature skin’ (I’m not quite there yet!), however I’m not young enough to go down that whole ‘let’s bake’ route! Those days are now gone! - Gives a better airbrushed look with a beauty blender, than a foundation brush. - Doesn’t break me out. - Doesn’t dry my skin out. - Gives long lasting coverage. I would def recommend!

on 4/13/2017 6:01:00 PM

I was willing to take a sample packet of this foundation @ Sephora in 2-shades.I opened the darkest color 1st.
It looked & felt amazing applying it.Color matched right up.I wore this over primer.Thinking this would an amazing combination.(Normally,I skip on the primer).I would say about 4 hrs. into my day.My skin starting showing some shiny areas,which I never have,since I wear a matte powder.I thought this was a little strange.I'm not going to say this is a terrible foundation.My skin just didn't want to accept it =(

Worth the money.
I wanted a good coverage, long lasting foundation for dry skin. I researched a tonne before buying this and I have to say it ticks all the boxes.

The bottle is beautiful, looks as expensive as it is! Comes with a pump which is a must.

This foundation just glides on. I used a brush but it works with fingers or a beauty blender too. I find one pump sufficient to give good medium coverage without feeling heavy and it doesn't settle into fine lines.

I wanted this foundation for nights out and I didn't want SPF feedback in photos. I wore this a couple of nights ago and LOVED how it looked in photos.

I have sensitive skin and this didn't irritate it at all. It also felt wonderfully moisturising, but it might not be the best for oily skinned peeps - it definitely left me with a nice dewy glow.