Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

on 3/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

I returned it. I was told by sales person at sephora it’s a good foundation for dry skin. Applied it looks like it’s floating on my skin. I moisturized as always then applied with a damp beauty blender. Looked terrible, my skin looked better without foundation compared to with it on. Exchanged it for Nars sheer glow and love it.

on 2/27/2018 11:13:00 PM

Love this foundation when I want a beautiful dewy foundation in winter that is not too drying. It is medium buildable and with a light powder lasts 8-9 hours. After that it breaks down a little and needs a touch up. Oxidises slightly. Probably won’t suit oily skin very well. Although maybe with mattifying primer powder and spray. Looks like nothing on the skin but with good coverage.
Update has been getting quite oily by the end off the day and I think it’s breaking me out. Not 100% sure as I’ve changed a few things at the same time.

on 2/22/2018 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation applies like a dream but after a little while it loses its glow, looks drying
& flat. This foundation has been over hyped up, there are better drugstore foundations that do better than this one.

This foundation has a pretty nice finish, but the light shades were far too yellow on me. I think a lot of really pale women need a more neutral or even cool undertone, and every single one was yellow!

on 1/12/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an average foundation average price and bottle. Nothing outstanding about it for me it's meant to be full coverage but there's other brands out there like Kat Von D and YSL which do a better job. Wouldn't buy again not a bad product but equally not wow amazing either.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Terrible. I find this foundation dry and cakey. It looks like I’m clearly wearing makeup. It has itty bitty glitters in it. This foundation ages my by at least 5 years...

The only problem of this foundation to me is that it sinks into my laugh lines and in about 10 hours I look older. But anyway I really rrlike it’s buildable and every morning I want it out of my other numerous foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been testing this out for awhile now and have a few thoughts. The positive--great coverage level, it's advertised as medium to full coverage which I agree with. Does a great job of providing coverage that looks natural and not cakey at all. Lots of shades, I like the pump packaging and frosted glass bottle. I think it really does a great job of blurring pores and making them less noticeable which I can't say for many foundations. Great application overall. Negatives--this became extremely oily on me after a short period of time. The fountain separates and looks obvious after that point. Doesn't hold up well after blotting the oil off and even after blotting and repowdering it was greasy again after a short period of time. Might be good to wear if only going out for a few hours. I'm going to play with it more to see if it behaves better with some foundations I have that are TOO matte and see if they can balance each other out. Don't recommend for those of us with oily complexions because it won't hold up.