Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap

Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap

3.2

Water\Aqua\Eau, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Behenic Acid, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Lauric Acid, Stearic Acid, Caffeine, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trehalose, PEG-3 Distearate, Urea, Polyquaternium-51, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/17/2017 2:04:00 PM

I received this cleanser from a bonus & I would never ever buy this! it's exactly the same as their pink rinse off foaming cleanser! Meaning it's really drying & feels exactly like using a bar of soap for washing your face! Positive points is that it's fragrance free & better suited for oily skin types!
I'm glad I got to try it out Bc yes it made my skin feel squeaky clean but it also dry me out too ! I only got it as a sample & would never buy this!

on 10/28/2017 1:00:00 PM

It was literally like spreading soap all over your face. It was extremely drying and irritating, after two uses my face started flaking from the dryness. I’m still trying to recover from it a week later

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Drying.
Irritating.
Expensive.
Waste of money.
Disappointing.
Luckily I bought a mini size to try out. I have sensitive skin, and Clinique raves about how they cater to people like me who need moisturizing and gentle skincare. What a load of crap. This stuff definitely was exfoliating, took a layer of skin off of my face! I will stick to the lipsticks and eye shadows and leave this gunk off of my face. Black Honey is a cult classic, shame their skin care couldn't be as good.

on 5/3/2017 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I feel like this gets my skin clean, but it is too drying. It is not irritating, so if you have oilier skin it might be a good option, but it was a miss for me and my dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use with my cleansing brush and love how squeaky clean it makes your skin feel, without being too harsh or drying. However, it doesn't smell too pleasant! I was previously using the pump liquid soap (can't remember the name) and was given a sample of this and haven't looked back. I would definitely recommend!

on 9/24/2016 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I overall love this product. Unlike most of foaming facial soaps that I have tried so far, this one does not leave my skin feeling overly dry. It's very smooth when massaging it on the face and it feels pleasant on the skin. It's definitely a good choice of a facial soap if you have dry skin. It removes the majority of my makeup, I do need to however do a second cleanse, as it doesn't remove everything. I like the packaging as well and it's not as pricey as some other Clinique products, so overall I think it's good value.
HOWEVER it is very harsh on the eyes, which is my only complaint. It successfully removes all eye make up, but it BURNS. I'm one of those people that just suffer through it, so it's not a "deal breaker" for me, considering everything else that I like about it apart from that. However, if you have sensitive eyes, this product would probably not work for you, unless you really carefully avoid the eye area.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Holy shit this smells awful. I'm surprised none of the previous reviews have mentioned how bad the smell is. Years ago once the toilet in my apartment flood because of a blocked pipe, this cleanser seriously reminded me of that smell. The smell is not too strong to be fair, as soon as you wash it off it goes away but I got nauseated a little when I was washing my face.

I didn't use it with a cleansing brush, just with my hands. The product is like a soap in foamy form without oil and was easier to rinse off my face than all gel/liquid cleansers I have used.

It's a gentle cleanser in the sense that it could be good for daily usage. This is how I know; the sides of my nose always get peeled off, it's like dandruff. Strong cleansers make that area smooth and get rid of the dandruff-like dead skin. While those cleansers are good for my nose area and to properly wash off skin make-up, they are harsh for daily usage. Gentle cleansers do nothing to my nose. This one also didn't do anything, which makes me think at least when you use it just with your hands it would not do a wonderful job at truly cleaning layers of skin make-up or any other time you need deep cleansing.

I have combination skin, while this did not cause a problem on my oilyish t-zone, my normal-to-dry cheeks felt drier afterward. Nothing a moisturizer can't fix but I don't think it would be the best for those with dry skin. I myself won't be buying again because of its price and smell.

on 11/28/2015 9:09:00 PM

This doesn't even remotely get long wearing makeup off unless I pre-cleanse, which seems like a waste of money. If I use just this cleanser with the brush and then use toner, the cotton pad from the toner is very dirty with makeup.

on 11/27/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am kind of on the fence about this product. I use it with my Clarisonic Mia2. I feel like this product is going to last forever because you really only need a very small pea size amount to cleanse your while face. Even without a sonic cleanser tool, this product foams into a good lather. I agree with other people who have mentioned that it stings your eyes a bit. I also feel like it does not rinse completely, especially in hard water. The good thing about this cleanser is that it does not make me break out and is gentle. It is growing on me a bit, but I don't know if I would repurchase it.

on 7/31/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Very nice cleanser, you only need a tiny amount .The foam is actual very creamy and is effective at removing all make up.

Some soap cleansers produce masses of lather, which then take lots of rinsing off and then lead to dry skin. This feels nice and is easy to remove - my skin felt good afterwards.