Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap

Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap

2.7

Water\Aqua\Eau, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Behenic Acid, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Lauric Acid, Stearic Acid, Caffeine, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trehalose, PEG-3 Distearate, Urea, Polyquaternium-51, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and tried it several times as is without a brush. It foams like crazy! First use was after removing makeup with TTDO balm as on rare occasion my dry skin can feel a little greasy (after eating really greasy foods for several days) and I wanted something a notch up from the extra-mild liquid face soap. I dispensed about the size of a dime and just in my hands it foamed up so much that when I applied it to my face I got some up in my hair and it ran down my neck as well because it continues to foam up more when working it. It rinses off well and is slightly hydrating so it didn’t dry my skin out.
Second use I washed in the morning and used less, but it still foams up like crazy, so I can see my sample tube lasting quite a while as I will be using just a dab from now on when I use this to wash with. I will not be trying this to see how this does removing makeup... Clinique has always preached a pre cleanse when wearing makeup so I personally would never expect this soap to take everything off.
So for a basic facial washing soap, yep, it’s a soap. No miracles here, just a soap that foams up like crazy so if you are a lover of super foamy soaps you may want to get the 1oz travel size and see if this fits the bill. I will not be buying a full-size tube nor the sonic brush system because I feel brush systems would be too aggressive for my dry skin and do more harm than good.

on 3/19/2018 4:25:00 AM

Not really sure what to say about this product because I used it in combination with 4 other samples from clinique for acne and moisturizer and such.. But the whole system didn't do anything for my acne. I do need to say, that the people reviewing this that are using the sonic brushes to remove makeup, should not be doing it this way!! You are just going to push all that makeup into your pores! You need to wash twice. Once with hands to remove the makeup, then another with the brush. It also may be the brush that is drying your skin. Or maybe your not moisturizing right after with your face still damp. Just saying..

on 2/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does absolutely nothing!
I was looking for a gentle foaming cleanser w no fragrance for my acne prone but sensitive skin
This cleanser didnt remove makeup or wash clean...pretty useless!

on 12/17/2017 2:04:00 PM

I received this cleanser from a bonus & I would never ever buy this! it's exactly the same as their pink rinse off foaming cleanser! Meaning it's really drying & feels exactly like using a bar of soap for washing your face! Positive points is that it's fragrance free & better suited for oily skin types!
I'm glad I got to try it out Bc yes it made my skin feel squeaky clean but it also dry me out too ! I only got it as a sample & would never buy this!

on 10/28/2017 1:00:00 PM

It was literally like spreading soap all over your face. It was extremely drying and irritating, after two uses my face started flaking from the dryness. I’m still trying to recover from it a week later

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Drying.
Irritating.
Expensive.
Waste of money.
Disappointing.
Luckily I bought a mini size to try out. I have sensitive skin, and Clinique raves about how they cater to people like me who need moisturizing and gentle skincare. What a load of crap. This stuff definitely was exfoliating, took a layer of skin off of my face! I will stick to the lipsticks and eye shadows and leave this gunk off of my face. Black Honey is a cult classic, shame their skin care couldn't be as good.

on 5/3/2017 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I feel like this gets my skin clean, but it is too drying. It is not irritating, so if you have oilier skin it might be a good option, but it was a miss for me and my dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use with my cleansing brush and love how squeaky clean it makes your skin feel, without being too harsh or drying. However, it doesn't smell too pleasant! I was previously using the pump liquid soap (can't remember the name) and was given a sample of this and haven't looked back. I would definitely recommend!

on 9/24/2016 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I overall love this product. Unlike most of foaming facial soaps that I have tried so far, this one does not leave my skin feeling overly dry. It's very smooth when massaging it on the face and it feels pleasant on the skin. It's definitely a good choice of a facial soap if you have dry skin. It removes the majority of my makeup, I do need to however do a second cleanse, as it doesn't remove everything. I like the packaging as well and it's not as pricey as some other Clinique products, so overall I think it's good value.
HOWEVER it is very harsh on the eyes, which is my only complaint. It successfully removes all eye make up, but it BURNS. I'm one of those people that just suffer through it, so it's not a "deal breaker" for me, considering everything else that I like about it apart from that. However, if you have sensitive eyes, this product would probably not work for you, unless you really carefully avoid the eye area.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Holy shit this smells awful. I'm surprised none of the previous reviews have mentioned how bad the smell is. Years ago once the toilet in my apartment flood because of a blocked pipe, this cleanser seriously reminded me of that smell. The smell is not too strong to be fair, as soon as you wash it off it goes away but I got nauseated a little when I was washing my face.

I didn't use it with a cleansing brush, just with my hands. The product is like a soap in foamy form without oil and was easier to rinse off my face than all gel/liquid cleansers I have used.

It's a gentle cleanser in the sense that it could be good for daily usage. This is how I know; the sides of my nose always get peeled off, it's like dandruff. Strong cleansers make that area smooth and get rid of the dandruff-like dead skin. While those cleansers are good for my nose area and to properly wash off skin make-up, they are harsh for daily usage. Gentle cleansers do nothing to my nose. This one also didn't do anything, which makes me think at least when you use it just with your hands it would not do a wonderful job at truly cleaning layers of skin make-up or any other time you need deep cleansing.

I have combination skin, while this did not cause a problem on my oilyish t-zone, my normal-to-dry cheeks felt drier afterward. Nothing a moisturizer can't fix but I don't think it would be the best for those with dry skin. I myself won't be buying again because of its price and smell.