L'Oreal L'Oreal COLOR RICHE Collection Exclusive Pure Reds - Blake's Red 402

L'Oreal COLOR RICHE Collection Exclusive Pure Reds - Blake's Red 402

4.8

on 7/12/2018 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I tracked this down because of a recent tutorial on YouTube. A person with an olive skin tone used this red. That usually means it will look striking on my complexion as well. I love a red with blue in it and some punch. This brings it all to me. So I went to Wal Mart in search of the color named Blake’s Red but looks like they call it matte-vocate red. Just letting you guys know it is still available everywhere. I may get a backup. I love the floral smell of these lipsticks but I normally wear the creams, this is my first foray into their mattes. This is not drying like Mac ruby woo and it is the drugstore dupe. Adequately pigmented and you can also build it up. I like this as you may just want to dab for a wash or go all out and snatch souls in these steets, nah mean? I will certainly repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am far from Blakes colouring but find this colour extremely flattering. i hate the weird floral smell that all Loral lippies have and I did find the product dragged quite a bit upon application so I had to spend a bit more time with application. the colour is very retro glam; a true blue red. its very matte and lasts for ages. even when it fades it leaves a stain of colour behind. i love it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This and the classic and iconic Revlon's Cherries in the Snow are my favorite red lipsticks... Well, add in the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte in #107 to the list too.

Of those CITS being a cool-toned bright red with a slight pink tinge to the UNDERTONE and #107 being a cool cranberry with a slight hint of verry plum. L'oreal's Blake's Pure Red is the truest red of them all. Maybe it has a slight pink twist, but definitely not nearly as much as CITS, which still appears to my eye and on me more a red than a pink anyways. But really Blake's Pure Red is indeed a pure red with a blue undertone and matte but comfortably-wearing finish. Pretty good ease of application. No tugging or dragging across the lips and great coverage and good lasting power. Texture is a little bit more powdery than the Creme finish in the Revlon's SuperLustrous line, but that is expected from a creme (aka in my opinion semi-matte with no shine or sheen) finish vs, a truer matte finish, which is what this is. But it is still easy apply and pretty comfortable to wear and non drying to my habitually dry lips.

My one small, small drawback to this and all other L'oreal lipsticks is there is a SLIGHT rose scent to the lipsticks and it may translate slightly into a taste, but the scent and taste dissipates quickly and it has lessened now from the lipsticks the company seemed to make even just a few years ago. So, it doesn't bother me because it is so slight and doesn't last long even then, but it is worth mentioning as it might be a total negative or game-changer to some.,

These celebrity-inspired or sanctioned red lipsticks (and their nude collection of the same concept) were/are great ideas, but I hope they won't totally go away soon, as they are from last year and/or in some cases with certain colors (not the Blake Lively one though, which was from 2015, I believe). They seem to be getting limited in stores or harder to find I should say, but they do have them on Drugstore.com and many drugstore retailer's e-commerce sites. walgreens.,com etc. for now, so grab them,. Blake's Pure Red, especially, as it is beautiful, but by the looks of them all (especially partial to the reds but the nudes look lovely too) there're no duds in the bunch. Al just depends on your coloring and preference. And what kind of shade you are looking for or need for certain looks or occasions therein, :)

My favorite L'Oreal matte lipstick: it's pigmented, feels very soft and velvety on the lips, doesn't dry them out, staying power is off the scale high too.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This a beautiful matte cool red with blue undertones. It goes on smooth & feels velvety. It has the lovely soft floral scent all L'Oreal lipsticks have, which I personally like. This color looks better when I have a tan on my LOLA neutral skin. During cooler months, I'm more pale and the color can be a bit much for me. Either way, it brings out a natural pretty flush on my cheeks. I'll try to find a warmer red for the Fall/Winter months.

EDIT: I gave it to my mom who has a natural tan. I'm sticking with Penelope's Red which I can wear year-round.

on 6/19/2015 2:04:00 PM

I got Blake because my coloring is almost the same as hers (pale, blonde, light eyed, with cool undertones). I've tried a lot of "true reds" and always struggle with the right basetone. On L'Oreal's website this is described as being for cool toned skin. I generally do better with cooler tones, but if a red lipstick has too much blue in it, it looks off on me. So I was hoping, but not expecting, a cool toned red that didn't scream blue. I found it. It is really a true, strong, cool toned red. My teeth look whiter, it doesn't make me look like I'm playing dress up in mommy's makeup.
It IS a little drying, as mattes tend to be, but if I use the tissue/powder step after application, I can usually apply a little basic lip balm over it if I need to.
It has no discernible scent or taste, which is huge in my book. Some lipsticks taste/smell so bad to me I won't wear them, no matter the color (looking at you Revlon). I call a hit with this line L'Oreal, you should keep going. Don't stop with two collections.