Kat Von D Lock-It Featherweight Primer + Base

Kat Von D Lock-It Featherweight Primer + Base

3.7

Water, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Jojoba Esters, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Polyurethane-34, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium Edta, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Pantolactone, Citric Acid, 3-Aminopropanol.

on 4/13/2017 11:33:00 AM

This is a nice water based Primer. If you don't like silicone based primers this is a great option. This does moisturize your face and prep skin for makeup. If you tend to have oily skin I probably would go with something different. Since I have dry skin this is wonderful for me. I also mix with my foundation on days when my skin is very dry. I also love that the packaging protects the product from light and air. My more detailed review video is below.

I tried this primer w kat von d foundation, it was wonderful, only 5% of my face was cakey at the end of the day. However when i tried this primer w urban decay all nighter foundation, my face was alot more cakey at the end of day. Next, i tried hourglass veil primer w Kat Von D foundation, my face look as cakey as if i used the lock-it primer w my urban decay foundation.
So i would say, this primer works best when used with foundation from its own line.
I love the smell and i love the texture of the product so i'll definitely be repurchasing this IF i'm repurchasing the foundation as well because to me, they have to be used together for best results.

on 2/20/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Similar to Too Faced HangoveRX Primer as it like a light moisturizer and good for dry skin. It does not have that typical slip that you find with traditional silicone based primers so be warned if that is what you are looking for. It is nice enough but I prefer Too Faced (yummy coconut scent) when I'm looking for a moisturizing primer. I've heard it works well with Kat Von D's foundation but I haven't tried it so for now, I will stick with my favourites (Too Faced, Guerlain, e.l.f, Hourglass) that are rotated depending on what my needs are for the day.

on 1/23/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I like this primer. It's light and smells nice. It goes on smoothly as well.

on 11/15/2016 4:46:00 PM

I've just finished using this product for the first time and I definitely wouldn't recommend it and I won't be using it again.
The only positives I can say about it are that 1) I love the branding and 2) it's vegan/cruelty free.

I wanted to like it so badly because I love Kat Von D and love the branding but the product was pretty useless. It did no more for my skin than a normal moisturiser - which I was already using underneath it anyway. It didn't make my skin feel as smooth or prepped as other primers I've used (MAC or Smashbox for example).

It had the consistency of a really light moisturiser and at approx. $42 in Sephora is pretty expensive. I'm going to try a different, cheaper primer on the market.

on 8/19/2016 10:53:00 PM

I just finished this primer, so have had four-five months to consider how I feel about it.

While it does apply nice I don't think it's a good primer. I compare it to a generic light moisturizer, which in texture looks and feels exactly the same as this primer. Actually I had some cheap light moisturizer I had picked up in the supermarket and started to play around, one day using Kat Von D's primer (used under my Lock It foundation) and then one day with the light moisturizer. I did this over and over again (for months) and the result was EXACTLY THE SAME each time. My makeup looked and lasted the same, there was no difference.

So, for me, that shone a lot of light on this product.

The packaging is great, love the pump and how it is packaged like the Lock It foundation. It does last forever also which is good. And finally I really respect the person behind this brand. Kat Von D is a very nice and extremely gifted person that also incorporates ethical standards into her products. Really top notch.

However all that aside, I just don't think it is a good primer. Won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this and i have oily skin. If i had to tell you a con it would be the smell. Its strange but its almost non existent so you can definitely not notice it after a few applications.

on 7/14/2016 12:56:00 AM

Hate this stuff, not worth the money. It does nothing for my skin as a primer, didn't make foundation last longer, didn't stop it from oxidizing. It has such a runny, drippy consistency and dries quickly to a shiny, oddly sticky finish that wasn't comfortable on my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have only recently started using this primer. I received a sample of this from Sephora and was instantly hooked, bought it the next day. I do not ever use face primers, as I find them to be very drying and often make my pores and lines look more noticeable (counter productive don't you think?). However, I was shocked to see this liquid lotion-like consistency of this product, and how it left my skin feeling hydrated and supple. It is easy to warm it into the skin and does not leave a greasy film/drying residue (even when I accidentally used too much). It sinks into the skin nicely and any face makeup I have used over top has glided on smoothly and blended effortlessly. I haven't noticed a smell to it.The packaging is very beautiful and has a convenient pump. I noticed my pores looked smaller and my makeup lasted longer than it normally does. I have not noticed any breakouts/irritations. I am very impressed with this primer. It may be on the pricey side, but I truly believe dry ladies will fall in love the way I have. Worth the money

on 11/15/2015 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love that this comes in a pump! It is good for combo dry skin very moisturizing on the dry areas and on the oily parts it's perfect. My skin was really moisturized that is such a huge huge plus, my foundation looked amazing!