Lip Freak

Lip Freak

3.9

Beeswax, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend Including; Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Mentha Piperita (Terpene free Peppermint) Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon Oil), Natural Tocopherols (vitamin e), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Oil Extract), Stevia Rebadiana Leaf Extract, Natural Flavors

on 7/22/2018 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Contrary to what you might expect, these are actually top quality, super nourishing lip balms that leave my sensitive lips soft, smooth, and moist. In fact, if you've got that pesky layer of dead skin on your lips, applying Lip Freak and rubbing your lips together will exfoliate without hurting the tender new skin beneath. They're not irritating at all, even on chapped lips. The "buzzing" description is accurate, and is nice to liven up an otherwise boring late afternoon at the laptop. Bubble Trouble (bubblegum) is my fave so far! I do sometimes get tired of the buzzing and the flavor, but if you want a lip balm that puts the "fun" in "functional," Lip Freaks are worth a spin.

(I rarely give five lippies for packaging, but it's so friggin' cute!)

on 4/22/2018 6:44:00 PM

I discovered this while browsing at ulta and I have never been without it since. Now that walmart sells it too I tend to stock up on it and keep a tube everywhere...a couple in my purse, in the car, in the bathroom, on the nightstand. Sin-o-mint and coco loco mint are my two favorites.

This ISN'T the lip balm for you if you don't enjoy intensely tingly things. It starts out pretty mild and you'll think it's no big deal, but then it really starts tingling and yes, buzzing. My husband says it's like touching a 9 volt battery. If you use it continuously your lips will be pretty much numb.

I didn't like it the first time I tried it, but I wasn't expecting such a strong effect from it. It says it isn't a lip plumper but my husband's very thin lips were noticeably plumper after using it, which made me want to give it another chance. Whether or not it does anything for plumping my lips, it moisturizes really well. My lips always look good now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Lip Freaks are fun! They really do create a buzzing, vibrating type of sensation, especially on recently exfoliated lips. It's different from the conventional lip plumper burning/tingling. Although the Lip Freak Web site states that they aren't intended to be plumpers, my lips do look fuller after applying. The "buzzing" and plumping last for ~30 minutes, because it's a very emollient formula that really penetrates. The most surprising thing is that these babies somehow don't irritate or dry out my lips, a problem I have with some of the most innocuous lip balm formulae; totally unexpected from a "novelty" product like this. Lip Freaks do eventually cause peeling if I apply several times in a row, but nothing terrible. The formula is super moisturizing, to the extent that I can leave it on overnight and wake up with soft, comfortable lips.

Berry Sinister doesn't smell like any berry I've encountered; more of a generic tropical fruitiness. Fortunately, it avoids the "kids' medicine" trap.

Bubble Trouble: bubble gum, of course, but with an interesting herbal undertone that reminds me of that smell when you walk into a New Age or head shop. It tastes juicy-sour if it gets into my mouth, which I enjoy. I also occasionally get a bitterness, which I don't enjoy, but usually I don't taste it.

Coco-Loco Mint starts off with that dirty fake chocolate flavor, which I'm not a fan of. It mixes with the herbal undertone and reminds me of cannabis. After the eau de bong water dissipates (within a few minutes), the flavor is artificial coconut and mint. It's super nice; I actually like this flavor best, especially since the mint gives a nice cooling sensation. There's no sourness, although it has the same occasional bitterness as Bubble Trouble.

Sin-O-Mint: I thought this one would be my favorite, as I love cinnamon anything. Unfortunately, it's my least favorite, as the cinnamon, the mint, and the rosemary in the base combine to smell like menthol. It's not too bad, though, so I'll use it up.

I'm a convert! The packaging is adorable, and they'd make great party favors, stocking stuffers, wedding favors, etc. I'd like a rosemary flavor and a ginger flavor, but in the mean time, I'm hyped to try more Lip Freaks, especially the tinted ones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this cause of all the talk about it on Youtube and I mostly wanted to experience it for myself. It was WAYYY more intense than I thought it would be. I started to get a little annoyed with the buzzing after a while. If you like a tingling sensation, then this is right up your alley. Overall, I wouldn't care to use it again.

I love it, if you're a lip balm addict like me you'll love the tingling sensation!

on 1/9/2017 5:11:00 PM

Well, it does exactly what it says, so for that I can't exactly knock it. However, I find the lip buzzing to be painful and drying, so shame on me for buying this. Never again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Feels better than Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker xl and it's half the price. You'll love this if you're a lip plumper addict like myself.

This feels like Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker except this is more intense. I have Sin-o-Mint and love it. Minty and tingly and cooling. Doesn't dry my lips out either like Burt's Bees does. Only $5 at Ulta. I wanna try more flavors.

on 7/20/2016 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have this in Sin o Mint, and I was similarly swayed by the packaging. Sucker for skulls and anything morbid/Halloween. This will definitely give you a "buzzing" sensation which is not at all uncomfortable, and I have very sensitive skin. I'm actually shocked that I didn't have a reaction as many lip plumper type products leave my mouth wanting to secede from the rest of my face. I use it at night and find it moisturizing enough that I don't need to use a thick balm (unless it's in the dead of winter.)
Sin o Mint is a cinnamon with a hint of mint, basically; I suppose the name sums it up rather succinctly. It's a nice little plumper/ balm for a reasonable price point; I think I got it for under $5 at Ulta.

Just NO!! I'm all for plumping lipgloss/balm but this is ridic!! I think I'm allergic. This feels like somebody poured battery acid on a cold sore lip feeling. It is so caustic! I love other plumping glosses like TF Lip Injection, Soap & Glory Sxy Mother Pcker XL, Buxom, & MAC Plushglass but I hated this. It was literally so painful I wiped it off after 5 minutes literally & my lips HURT! I felt ill becoz it kept pulsating like w my pulse it hit me about 30 seconds after applying this. It would be a cruel practical joke to kiss a BF/GF w this on! I thought something was seriously drastically wrong w my lips, I did read this has all natural ingredients but that was reassuring it wasn't some chemical acid concoction but I ordered Sin-O-Mint too & it will be also returned this & the Bubble Gum 1 hey I get my $10 bucks to spend on some MU I actually can wear w/o physical distress. It's weird coz I loved every other plumping gloss I've tried b4 Lip Freak!! Lip plumpers are like lip crack I love them but this is just really umm intense & uncomfortable very NOT COOL I no likey!! I would not rebuy...I'm returning!

Top Rated Lip Treatments