no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I went through a stage of trialing a large range of the Redken products. For my hair, in my opinion, no other line is at the level of Redken. I tried this as a leave in conditioner to help my blonde coloured hair out - it adds smoothness and shapes the hair without it being too heavy. It feels luxurious to apply given it is a thick cream. I've always tended towards leave in conditioners because I have found that's the level of help my dried ends need and this is one of the most reliable.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

Ugh! I put a little of this on my damp hair, mainly my ends, and it did the opposite of dismissing frizz. It made my hair much frizzier and very dry feeling. This *might* work for someone with extremely limp hair looking for texture, but it sucks any moisture or shine from your hair. Truly awful. I usually was my hair every three or four days but I will have to wash it again tonight to get this crap out. I threw it away the minute I was done styling my hair and saw what a mess it had made of it. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

1.0

2 years ago

I bought this because I work in a very humid environment and I have thick hair that is dry and responds horribly to humidity. Frizz isn't really the worst thing in my world, but my hair feels SO instantly dried out in high humidity, so I purchased this just for the humidity protection properties. I was looking for something that I could use like a leave in cream on wet hair, just air dry and go. PROS: You know, this isn't a "good" thing but this is a heavily scented product and it smells quite nice. I like it. Also, a little goes a long way. CONS: This can be heavy. My waves can be a bit loose or delicate but this will kinda of knock them out. I also don't think it does really much for the humidity either. I should have gone for the one below, the Instant Deflate with a frizz protection factor of 30. That one is more silicone based. And although I think my hair is on the coarse-side, I would say this is more for hardcore coarse texture like really curly hair or Afro textures. When I am air drying my hair with this in it, it can look like I have a straightening product in it, no joke. UPDATE: August 14, 2018. I'm downgrading this to 1 star. It does NOT work for me. I bet I could put the entire bottle of this in my hair on a humid day and my hair would feel just as dry. Really, my hair feels like hell. My hair is healthy and on the thick side, but humidity makes it feel coarse and hay-like and this does nothing to remedy it. I also get that lovely halo of random hairs in the top. I still am a bit perplexed as to why this is a water based product when it's for frizz protection of a high level. Like I mentioned above, the one below this is silicone based and water free. That might work better for me. Also, it will not kill your texture. I used it with a lighter conditioner, and my hair still waved and curled. It will help to straighten it out, and it doesn't give confidence as its drying, but it actually doesn't kill texture like I originally thought.

About reviewer (258 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

3 years ago

This stuff is amazing for dry parched hair! It has SAVED my hair! Kerastase dc'ed their cream &amp; this has replaced it &amp; gone over &amp; beyond for me!!!! Here is a detailed review that I recorded <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MfNle00_gKo"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MfNle00_gKo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (289 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

In my experience, Redken products are the best - period. They deliver. I used &quot;Rebel Tame&quot; along with the &quot;Frizz Dismiss&quot; Poo &amp; Conditioner. My hair - a color-treated, porous, frizzy mess -especially in the summer - feels and looks smooth and shiny. Doesn't feel weighed down either. Highly recommend if frizz is your enemy.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3.0

4 years ago

Yet another product to add to my DISCONTINUED HOLY GRAIL LIST- REDKEN REAL CONTROL &amp; replaced it with this! It doesn't even come close- this one is oily, has a stronger scent and leaves my hair feeling yucky at the end of the day- damn Redken!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

5 years ago

Luckily was able to try this through a sample size rather than buying a full size. After years of GHDing my hair, I decided it was time to embrace my natural curls. Enter Redken Crema Control - the best product for my hair (and I have tried many many brands over the years!) Alas, going to repurchase my beloved product, I find it has been discontinued (gasp!) only to be replaced with this product. Rebel Tame is simply not the same as Crema Control, this is more of a gel like consistency rather than a cream and made my curls fluffy and frizzy rather than soft, lightly defined and moisturised as CC did. Also I found this product to be too highly perfumed for a hair product, a strong smell that seemed to linger. Not for me - Redken bring back Crema Control!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

Even tough my hair is 2A... I used this to moisturize my hair as it was so dry and tangled from the ombre I had a month back. After first use, left my hair super conditioned, shiny (not super shiny though) and not flat - exactly what I expected! I think this is the replacement of the discontinued 'real control crema care'.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29