2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Used it in shower consistently for over 1 week. Always waited at least 3 minutes before rinsing. No color change. Disappointing. I really like the St Tropez mousse and mist, however this one is a fail.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

a year ago

I used this product for a week and nothing happened. I am still porcelain white. It was completely useless and didn’t work. I tried their mousse, the regular self tanner and the express one. They are amazing. Which is why I decided to try this product, and it was s complete let down and waste of money, Avoid

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

2 years ago

I got this in medium hoping it would help accelerate my natural tan, especially on my legs. I'm not super dark but I'm not pale either, this stuff made absolutely no difference anywhere except my face, it did give me a nice faint glow there but I don't tan my face at all so I feel it should have showed up more for being medium. I exfoliated very well before using the first time and applied a fairly thick layer of it. Having to turn off the water and wait 3 minutes is tedious but if I actually got results I wouldn't mind so much. I didn't expect to see much color after the first use so I used it the next 4 days in a row without any heavy exfoliation. This made no difference and was just a waste of money. If the light color I got on my face is an indicator of how the medium would work on fair skin I'd say it definitely isn't worth $25. Also mine didn't lather. It says it's supposed to but it just went on like a lotion and sat on top of my skin, no lather. It makes me wonder if I got a defective one or something, either way I'm going to just buy some self tanning mousse and call it a loss.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Got this a TJMaxx. It’s garbage. I can’t believe I saw it at Ulta full price.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other

2 years ago

Did absolutely nothing to my skin not even a tint. I used it three times and brought it back. I'm very familiar with tanning products as well, as I'm very pale. Did everything it said to do, even tried soaking in a bath tub in hopes it will settle into my skin better but nothing. My mom tried this as well and nothing happened for her. Very dissapointed!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I'm surprised that this product is unpopular! Unfortunately working in an office five days a week doesn't offer much leeway to get sun exposure so I've turned pretty fair. I'm not a fan of fake tanning having turned too orange after a bad experiences, but I had an event coming up and needed something to give me a bit of colour without too much fuss. A friend recommended this to me after hearing my woes and advised to use the 'Medium-Dark' version of it, and it's perfect. I like how you use it after a shower and basically 'marinade' for three minutes to let the colour sink in, before washing off. By the end of the week, my skin tone looked completely natural. No sign of orange smears anywhere. Be sure to rub into your joints and knuckles that way it doesn't come out too patchy! Pros - Easy to use - Good colour payoff - Smell isn't overbearing - No stains anywhere! Cons - Could work better with a pump packaging - Pricey if you used this regularly - Does come off if jewelry such as watches & rings rub against your skin for too long

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Very disappointed by this. It absolutely does nothing in terms of providing color and the formula is super runny - it drips all over and will stain. Not worth the money at ALL. I heard good things about this brand but after using this, I'm hesitant to purchase more St. Tropez products.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I was so excited to hear about this so I found it and bought 2 bottles $40 each. Tried it and nothing happens I don't get any tan from it no matter how many times I reapply it so it's a waste of money for me. It's easy to use but I always get sore little bumps right after I wash it off than they go away within minutes and feel it leaves a coating on my skin but leaves no colour, I wouldn't suggest it as a gradual tanner it's way to expensive to have to use everyday and I can't get it to give any colour.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesGray

3.0

2 years ago

Too good to be true- a natural-looking tan just from a 3-minute in-shower application? Applied to WET skin? Claiming to be goof-proof? I purchased a full-size bottle and used for 4 CONSECUTIVE DAYS with zero results. On day 5, I noticed a very light color on my arms. Although the color itself was extremely natural-looking, I had, by this point, used 1/3 of my bottle. I used for another 7 days in a row, and *maintained* the color, but not darkened it. Because of the time and amount of tanner used, i have found that it IS actually foolproof and DOES NOT leave streaking of any kind. It's not really buildable as some other self-tanners are. I even extended the 3 minute wait time to a suggested 5 minutes, (and sometimes even a little longer), and still no darker or quicker color. So, for those of you looking for a quick sun-kissed glow on short term notice, I WOULD NOT recommend this. So, in terms of pros and cons, the pros are that it is foolproof and natural-looking. CONS are: rather pricey for what you get and the amount you have to use, the color takes several days to show up, you have to stand in the shower with the water off, freezing your butt off for 3-5 minutes (true, that's not a terribly long time, but it seems like it when you turn that hot water off), characteristic self-tanner odor (low, but still there). This product is for some of you out there, just not me.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43