Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Citrus Aurantium Sinesis Fiber (Orange), Hytdroxyethylcellulose, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango), Panthenol, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract (Papaya), Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract, Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Blue 1, Yellow 5

on 7/19/2018 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice product , gives a decent amount of hydration for normal or oily skin. I have normal to dry skin and while applying this to dry areas of my body I mix it with a regular body cream for dry skins.
I like the package and the beautiful scent and the fact that it is a two colored lotion just like the toothpastes. If you apply the lotion in front of an air conditioner you feel the cooling effect more which I love to do after sunbath. But the effect doesn’t last long.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an HG product for me...I've repurchased many times. It's the only thing I've found so far that actually keeps my skin from peeling when I get a sunburn. It also seems to extend my sunless tans (I use St Tropez Classic mousse) and keep them from getting too patchy as they fade. It just does a better job than regular body lotion when I've been in the sun or I've been self tanning. I really don't care for coconut scents, but the coconut isn't very strong in this at all IMO. I don't put it on my face, though. I usually buy 2-3 at a time because the bottles are small and Target, Ulta, etc always sell out!

on 7/20/2015 2:38:00 PM

I have purchased this after getting a bad sunburn. I had to use burngel because my skin would literally feel like burning and the heat wouldn't go away in a few days. Anyway I have also got this to soothe the sunburn. The name is very long. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Ultra Hydrating Lotion and Soothing Aloe Gel.
First of all, this does give cooling effect at first contact but it does not really do anything and the cooling effect does not last. Secondly, unlike its claim as "Ultra 24 hours of moisturization" this is not moisturizing. Third, this is personal but I do not like coconut nor vanilla scent in body or face products. The scent was offensive and made me feel nauseated. After the sunburn has calmed down (skin feels normal not anymore hot), I have tried this again, still no moisturization effect at all. This has a huge amount of silicon (dimethicone) as well and this does roll off if you apply slighly more generous amount. I have any kind of cream or products that roll off and do not absorb. It might have to do with aloe gel, not sure.
Anyway I will not repurchase this one due to reasons I have stated above. The only two good things about this product was that it stays upside down due to its packaging design and it had a temporary cooling effect when in contract with skin.

I am hugely into getting a nice tan in the summer (I know it's unhealthy). I have NEVER had an after tan moisturizer that was SO refreshing and really holds your tan longer!!! It IS worth all the hype- the description is TRUE.......holds your tan longer AND moisturizes for 24 hours. I love the delicate scent of summer... it reminds me of childhood days at the beach. This is a GREAT product at a great price from the proven line of Hawaiian Tropic !!!

Popular Lotions / Creams