Chanel Chance Eau Vive EDT

Chanel Chance Eau Vive EDT

3.8

on 1/27/2018 10:05:00 PM

I had purchased two of the smaller bottles after receiving a sample. I then purchased the largest bottle since this is now the only fragrance I use. I love the clean scent. It doesn't last all day but I don't mind spraying it on a few times, it's that enjoyable! It's a winner and my new signature fragrance. Thank you, Chanel!

on 3/5/2017 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

my favorite version of chanel chance line. light, and fresh. when it dries down, the scent reminds me of a baby soap or flowery powder, which i like. the negative side is the scent isn't as longlasting as their original chance version. if you're younger and wanna try chanel perfume line, try this

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color and fragrance scream fall the blood orange really stands out, not a me fragrance but still really pretty.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a surprise! I was shopping for a new scent at The Bay leaning towards Balenciaga B but a Chanel SA suggested various Chanel perfumes (Coco Mademoiselle, Chance eau Fraiche/Tendre, etc.) all of which did not work with my body chemistry. Then when I told her my favorite was Chanel 5 Eau Premiere, she recommended the new Chanel Chance Eau Vive(EV). At first, I thought it would be similar to other Chance fragrance but it was different.
I was pleasantly surprised. First spray, EV was dynamic, subtle, well orchestrated fruity-fresh that was exhilarating, sparkling, bright, uplifting and happy. I sprayed and walked around. EV evolved into a lovely soft floral-fresh at drydown. No headache! This could be my new favorite. It's worth a try!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Tried to fall in love with the scent but didn't work :-( I felt nausated at first spritz and makes me want to puke. Very light summery scent though. I still prefer the original chance, fraiche and eau tendre..

on 8/25/2015 9:33:00 PM

Quite ordinary but I liked it a lot. Inoffensive .

on 8/4/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Lovey gorgeous scent... If Chanel perfume tends to give you a headache then this is more fresh and citrusy!!! Perfect for every day in spring/summer, I'd say it's the lightest scent Chanel has come out with! Thumbs up from me :))

on 7/17/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I owned the other 3 Chances (gold, green, pink) -- loved them all -- and eagerly tested Eau Vive today. Initially disappointing, was just okay for me. A very light sweet fruity-floral that smelled a bit mainstream to be a Chanel, I thought. A little on the sweet side -- sweeter than the other 3, for sure -- and more sheer, fresh, and sparkling.

The grapefruit topnote is apparent, and to my nose, Eau Vive smells along the same lines as Versace Bright Crystal, the new version of Fabulous at Victoria's Secret (with scrolls on the cap) -- also VS's Bombshell Pink Diamonds, which was a 2014 Holiday Limited Edition. All are light, sparkling grapefruity/yuzu citrus-floral cocktails.

Here are notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Blood orange, Grapefruit
Heart Notes - Jasmine
Base Notes - Iris, Cedar

ADDENDUM 11/20/15: I own Eau Vive now, and I like it quite well. It's a balanced citrus-floral -- not too citrus, not too floral. A little tartness on top, balanced by sweetness. It's light, bright, sweet & sparkling, very pretty -- a perky fragrance. Will be great in summer heat & humidity.

The freshest of the Chance quartet, for sure, and I'm happy to have it in my collection. It's cheerful, inoffensive, pretty, and it really would work any time of year, for any occasion. For an EDT, it lasts well. Would make a good go-to, all-purpose fragrance.

But my fave of the Chance quartet is still the soft Eau Tendre.

ADDENDUM 10/8/16: I wore Vive to work last week, and it soured on me, as citruses tend to do -- by afternoon, it just didn't smell very good on me any more.

on 7/13/2015 8:55:00 PM

This perfume smells good,it's a little strong when sprayed but dies down throughout the day.It's so light you'd have to spray it on again a couple of times a day.I still love the Chanel madamioelle fragrance, but this one is nice and soft,good for the summer heat.

on 7/9/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Citrusy, soft, heady, intoxicating... but light. L O V E this scent.

Popular Fragrances