43%
package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I bought this to use at the cottage where I have limited access to water. The mask has a gel-like texture with the color of dark caramel. I put on a thick layer and it took almost an hour to fully dry before I could peel it off. Unlike other reviewers, I did not find this mask drying. My skin just felt really really clean afterwards. This mask did what I needed -- it's a no-muss mask that helps me clean out my pores. With all the sunblock and insect repellent, I just always feel a bit greasy at the cottage, so this does a great job of clearing everything off.

About reviewer (343 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

2 years ago

I gave this a try because Sephora's website said it is okay for dry and sensitive skin, which is what I have. Although it didn't irritate (so it might be safe for sensitive skin), it was too drying. It is a peel off mask and it peels off with less pain than some others, but also leaves more little bits behind, which is sort of a hassle as they can be hard to get rid of entirely. Left my skin feeling tight. Didn't seem to shrink pores, which was what I had hoped for. Not awful, but there are many better options out there.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I have oily skin and did feel like this made a difference in controlling my oils after I washed my face. I like it better than I thought I would. My only negative is that I wish it came in a pump, but that is just personal preference.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

1.0

3 years ago

Don't hate it, don't love it. My mom got it for me last year for Christmas and i've used it a few times since then. My skin is different than it was last yr. Last yr was horrible break outs and oily, this year is normal and minor breakouts but problems with skin texture. Whenever i wore this mask i left it for 20-30 min. I would apply a thin layer all over my face. The only thing I really notice with it is that my skin looks matte after, but I don't feel extra clean or have clearing up of breakouts after or anything. So even with 2 completely different skin types I didn't see any results with this. I think this is more gimmicky than anything. I like that it is thin and kind of like plastic so it doesn't pull too much on your skin when taking off. I looked it up and saw it's $30, definitely don't think it's worth that price. I'll use up what I have left but would not repurchase.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

I purchased it based on the reviews on some other site, but overall - I'm not impressed. I've been using this for almost two months and I don't get much difference in my skin condition (pores, occasional breakouts, very oily skin). It tightens a lot, but sometimes I have to leave it on for more than suggested time as it doesn't dry out properly sometimes. Also peeling it off is a nightmare on my cheeks though I haven't noticed any irritaion/redness despite the initial painful feelings. I wouldn't buy this again.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

I would not have purchased this product myself, but I got it in a value set. I don't think that there is inherently wrong with the product, but including it in a set marketed to people with sensitive skin was a poor choice because peel-off masks are irritating to my skin type.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

5 years ago

This carries an Allure Best of Beauty seal, for whatever that is worth. My skin is sensitive, yet I still have to battle blackheads and occasional bouts of acne. I am a combination skin sensitive rather than a dry sensitive. So when I try a mask, I expect it to be clearing (helpful in reducing oil and blackheads) but also suitable for extremely sensitive skin. This delivers. This spreads relatively thinly and is distinctly red - this is the color of the clay and is completely normal. However, if you live with someone, be prepared for comments like, "Oh, my God, your face is really red!" Every...single...time. You are supposed to leave it on for 20 minutes before removing it with water. The feel is comfortable, although it does look kind of like red plastic sitting on your skin. When I tried it for the first time, at the 20 minute mark, it was starting to peel on its own, so I rinsed it off, and my skin underneath felt soft, not overly dried out, but it did seem to clear the gunk out of my pores. Good. I finally found something that lives up to the claim of eliminating blackheads. Meant to be applied once or twice a week. It works great, and I don't suffer any irritation from it. Just be prepared to leave it on for the full 20 minutes for the best results.

About reviewer (827 reviews)

Age36-43