Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It (H)Air Styler

No Image

3.2

Water\Aqua\Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Dimethicone. Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Opuntia Tuna Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polyquaternium-72, Glyceryl Stearate, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-95, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-10, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Polyester-11, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclo-hexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/4/2018 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Upon recommendation of this product as something great for summer, especially for an air-dried look that cuts frizz and enhances waves, when I got a shot to get one of these as a 100-point reward at Sephora, I took the plunge.

And I really liked the product.

I have short hair that's wavy and color treated, on the fine side, and really prone to frizz and fall flat. (You know, that lovely combination...) Testing this out, I was impressed. It works well applied to wet or damp hair and letting it air dry. It cuts frizz and lets some wave and curl develop, along with a bit of volume. It also works well to rub a bit into dry hair. Also, when it sets, it doesn't dry crunchy or feel weighted down or make my hair feel like ramen noodles.

Impressed, I bought the full size, as it'd make a good styler that makes it look like I put in a bit of effort without having to use a million products.

That said, I did wait until Sephora had a sale, and I had a couple gift cards, so I technically didn't have to pay the $31 price. I find that a bit steep for roughly five ounces of product, but since I have short hair, I'll get a lot of mileage out of it, so there's that. I'm still knocking off a lippie for that, as well as the smell. I don't find the scent offensive, but it is a pretty fragranced product, and I wish it were, well, simply less smelly. Fortunately a few minutes after applying the scent pretty much disappears, or I get used to it. Not sure exactly, but it is a really good product, and I enjoy having this and a couple other go-to's in my beauty closet instead of a million products sitting around that I'll never use more than twice.

on 6/13/2018 11:14:00 PM

The only thing about this i like is the smell. It doesnt detangle or do anything. Im never trying another bumble and bumble product. I got this in a trio travel set and hated all of it. I didnt like the invisible oil either and that has great reviews.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have thick 3c curly hair which is dry and frizzy.

There are two versions of this product - Don't Blow It Thin (light blue tube) and Don't Blow It Thick (turquoise tube).

I have been using the thick version of this for about a month and my (rather dreadful) hair is visibly smoother - the only problem is that it brings me out in spots.

So I tried this thin version this week which has made no difference to my hair at all, maybe it's good if your hair's not too bad.

For those of you who found that this thin version didn't work, I really would recommend the Don't Blow It Thick. The two products have very different ingredients (the thick is oil-based) so it is confusing that they are sold under the same name.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference I have long, very fine, straight, high lighted hair. It has little volume and texture. I use this frequently, jr gives my hair nice texture. I have bought it a few times and will continue to repurchase.

on 12/23/2017 10:54:00 PM

Having very fine straight hair, I've looked at many ways to add volume and texture. Unfortunately, this didn't do anything for my hair. I've had moderate success with other leave-in-air-dry creams (Living Proof's in-shower one being the one I like the best so far), but adding Don't Blow It just makes my hair a little greasier and more limp.

on 9/16/2017 10:14:00 PM

My hair is drier and has a wave, so I thought this might be a good product to try. However, it left my hair dry and frizzy rather than wavy. It does marginally better if I blow dry it, but that kind of defeats the purpose. I'm glad I only bought a travel size of this, and even that was $17 CAD. So, I'll continue my search and keep using my Oi Oil that has no hold but at least smooths and shines.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but this is a review for the Bb. Don't Blow It Fine (H)air Styler. I think Bumble and bumble recently split this product into two categories (one for fine hair, one for course hair) and this is a review for the fine hair product.

I have 2B waves and my hair is fairly fine and quite frizzy. I've been trying to wear my hair natural lately and I was hoping this would improve my air-dry style.

I wasn't particularly impressed with this product. It worked fine, but I have so many other leave-in products that work just as well for half the price. This claims to "enhance texture and body for the perfect air-dried style." I'm giving it 3 stars because it did live up to its claim of "enhanced body." I found that I had nice volume while using this product. However, it didn't enhance my natural texture, and it did nothing for frizz. Other than that, there was nothing offensive about this product. My hair looked fine while using it. But like I said above, for $31 I wasn't impressed.

If you have money to spend and want to purchase something from Bumble and bumble, I would go with the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer. I've been using this product for months and I really does improve my wash and go style. I shouldn't have strayed from it, but I'm a product junkie and just had to try Don't Blow It. I'll finish up my current bottle but I won't be repurchasing. You don't even need the Invisible Oil Primer to match the results of Don't Blow It. My Garnier leave-ins work just as well. Save your money on this one, it's really nothing special.

on 5/21/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Didn't control my frizz or define my 3b curls. Left a bit of a residue. Didn't smell great. Harder to find than a lot of competitors and not any cheaper. Tested on animals. I'd pass.

on 5/6/2017 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have wavy, coloured, long, fine hair which is prone to a lot of frizz. I thought I could only wear it down if I blow dried and used hair straighteners. But with this stuff I can wear it down in its natural wavy state and I've had lots of compliments about my hair looking gorgeous which is a first for me! It stops hair frizz and doesn't feel crunchy or as if I have anything in my hair at all! After washing and conditioning my hair is wrap in a microfiber towel for 5 minutes or so and then apply Alba Botanica Leave -in to the mid lengths to ends followed by B&B Don't Blow It from roots to tip. I only use a small amount as I have typical Caucasian fair fine hair. It's expensive but it's worth it. I bought 60ml tube for £12 and it's lasted over a year. I'll definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've tried every product out there to tame my frizzy lion mane while air drying. While all the others just plain didn't work, this does. I coat my hair in it after the shower, tangle tease it out, part it exactly where I want it, rough up the roots some, and then I DONT touch it until it's dry. I get beautifully tamed slightly wavy hair that isn't weighed down or crunchy! Love this!