NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette

NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
Highlight & Contour Pro PaletteHighlight & Contour Pro Palette

3.5

on 12/16/2017 7:07:00 PM

I'm surprised this palette isn't getting more love. I have both this and the Kat Von D Shade+Light, and find them almost identical. This one actually has more colors, including a shimmery highlighter and an orangey bronzer-type color. The NYX palette cost me $18 Cdn (on sale) and the Kat Von D was $61 Cdn. I find them equally pigmented, and both have quite a bit of powdery fallout.

None of the highlighters except the shimmery one in the NYX kit show up well on my pale skin. The yellow shades are identical, and I actually like the pink better in the NYX because it is lighter.

As for the contours, I've swatched them side by side and three of the contour shades are identical. There is a cool toned taupe, a slightly deeper brown with more gold, and a dark brown.

The one area where the Kat Von D might win is with medium skin tones, because the pink and salmon highlighters would actually show up, and the NYX highlighters might be too light.

Overall for the price I recommend the NYX if you have light skin.

on 12/14/2017 10:42:00 AM

This palette's variety in shade make it seem as if Nyx attempted to please all skin tones, but only ended up with a singular palette with some shades that work for the mass population. I believe that there will be few people who would utilize all shades in this palette comfortably. There are many shades missing from the "contour" shades. For a contour palette, I was expecting one very cool toned taupe but there is not.

Thankfully as this is DS, I got it on a $10 off sale, and had some other inserts previously purchased from the NYX single/refillable line from their standing stores, but then this isn't so much worth the money, as me customizing my own palette. I ended up removing 4 of the shades from the palette and putting in a matte white, fawn/sienna tone, and a shimmery highlight.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Formula is equally as good as higher end products and very similar in formula to the ABH powder contour palette. The highlight shades look slightly dry on the skin; however, the product stays on and the darker shades blend beautifully and naturally with the skin.

on 7/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this palette. Great shade selection for warm neutral and cool tones. The highlighter colours come in matte and shimmer shades. This palette allows me to mix shades if I'm not happy w/ a particular colour/tone. Powder palettes, some colours are a lil chalky with kickback but for the most part have good colour pigment. Great starter palette for people who want to experiment without spending $$. The packaging is light weight, plastic and somewhat flimsy, you can interchange/replace pans - great option for customizing a personal palette.

on 5/25/2017 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! good for the price

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product seems to have become somewhat of a cult favourite on YouTube, but unfortunately I just couldn't get it to work for me at all. All the shades were either 1) Too dark 2) Too warm or 3) Did not show up at all on my NW25-30-ish skin. And as for the highlighters they simply do not show up. They look like different shades in the pan but on my face they all look the same - like very faint white dust. I have no idea what went wrong for NYX here since the highlighters in the Strobe of Genius and the Love Contours All palettes are amazing. The packaging is also very flimsy and cracks very easily.

This product is very pricey here in Australia for $40AUD. I love NYX, and feel kinda bad for giving a NYX product such a low score but this product just did not work out for me one bit.

on 4/4/2017 12:22:00 PM

I love it :)

on 3/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

I love the fact that it gives you light and dark contour and highlight shades. I use all the shades. I use some of the darker contour shades as eyeshadow. I love the texture, and the price is worth it.

on 3/19/2017 5:49:00 AM

I have been using this palette for a while now, but am quite disappointed. Although the colours are fine for my skin-tone (pale with neutral undertones) and the formula is pigmented enough, this broke me out! I would not say my skin is sensitive, I have never even felt the need to have a skincare routine until recently, because of how easy it has always been. But, whenever I use this palette, I get little bumps and clogged pores on my cheeks.

One other area of annoyance is that even though you are supposed to be able to replace the shades (I do enjoy the paler shades and highlighter), in the Netherlands it is not possible. Most NYX products are found in Douglas stores and they only sell the contour palettes with no replacements. This is both in-store and online.

on 3/16/2017 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Way too dark to use the 2 darkest shades - but the lighter ones come in handy and this is an inexpensive way to "play" with contouring before investing in other (pricier) kits.

A good, basic contour palette.