It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination SPF50+

It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination SPF50+
CC+ Cream Illumination SPF50+

3.5

on 7/1/2018 6:24:00 PM

Total glitter face, doesn't look bad from afar, but when you lookup close your face is covered in micro glitter. I just wanted illumination, not glitter. Had to return to sephora after trying it twice.

on 6/15/2018 10:46:00 AM

I'm surprised at the less than stellar reviews on this product. It says 'illumination' right on the bottle, of course its going to have some shiny-type of effect to it. I love this CC cream, which is more like a foundation. I use the shade fair which is perfect for me. It evens out my skin tone and gives me a lovely glow. The packaging is a tube WITH a pump - what more could you ask for? The SPF of 50 is a bonus, and I actually don't mind the smell. It is citrusy, but not in a bad way, and I am pretty sensitive to smells. I knocked a lippie off only because I think it's pretty expensive for what it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have light golden beige skin, cystic acne, and very oily skin. I bought the medium shade. This has no yellow undertone. I can play it off for a few hours if I’m very tanned, but... as others have mentioned - this turns into a horrible Florida orange tan. This product cannot hold up to oily skin. I end up looking like a vinyl mask as the oil erupts through the mask. It’s repulsive. This product looks good from very far away but not within three feet. It’s a zero to me.

on 4/6/2018 6:31:00 PM

I bought this cream in light which is a smidgen too dark for my skin alas, the fair is too light. I like the coverage however, I would like to know what kind of cream it cosmetics uses in their infomercials. On tv it covers dark under eye circles, red splotches, and every discoloration under the sun. On me it won't cover the age speck I have, and certainly not my faint dark under eye smudges. But all in all I do like it and may buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is more of a foundation rather than a typical BB/CC Cream. I do really like it, though. It has high SPF, a lovely medium-to-full coverage luminous finish (as everyone else has mentioned there are noticeable shimmery particles, but that doesn't personally bother me), and cooperates very well with dry flakes and redness. The downsides are that it exaggerated my smile lines, it never fully sets, and the shade range seems to run significantly grey - good for my olive-tinted complexion, bad for most. Also, there is a citrusy scent that might bother sensitive noses.

on 3/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE It, goes on easy and blends well. My new favorite now that Carmindy has been discontinued. Some complain of it being to glittery... always shake your foundation well before applying. I'll keep buying IT and so many other products they sell.

on 1/28/2018 12:59:00 PM

Let me start by describing my skin type. I'm 37 years old and have very large pores around T-zone, light pink to light brown acne scars (fading very slowly), and ice pick scars from severe acne outbreaks in my 20s. Currently I have oily T-zone and very dry skin in other parts of my face (combo skin type).

I purchased both "light" and "fair" since I'm NC 15 to NC 20 depending on the season and how much sun exposure I had. Here are my thoughts about the CC+ illuminating cream:

Pros (I gave 2 stars for the following reason):
- FULL coverage for me

- Dewy or sparkling finish - personally I prefer the dewy and sparkling finish, so this is a benefit for me. If you are looking for a MATTE finish, this cc cream is not for you.

- Easy to blend due to many silicone ingredients

- Lasts for at least 6 hours for my t-zone oily areas - I don't expect miracles since many natural makeup are just not as long lasting as the "chemical filled" makeup. So anything that lasts about 6 hours is good with me. I blot the oil spot by the end of 6th hour and dab a little more of the cc cream for touch up.

- Cruelty free according to the website

- Made in Korea - if you like the Korea brands of BB or CC cream, this cc cream's ingredients mimic the Korean BB or CC cream with dewy coverage except it's pricey. You can buy cheaper Korean BB or CC cream like the Missha brand which they claim to be cruelty free according to Missha's website, but it's for sale in China, so technically Missha still tests on animals since they sale their products in China. Also, many Korean brands BB or CC creams contain parabens and fragrances, I'm really not a big fan of their ingredients.

Cons:
- Can enhance dry spots - I have to make sure I fully moisturize my dry areas and "prep" my skin before I layer this CC cream, otherwise it will enhance dry spots and peeling issues.

- Oxidizes into orange tone - this is especially true for the "light" color. Both the "fair" and "light" oxidize into weird orange shade, but the "light" shade is much worse then the "fair" shade. I looked like I was wearing an "orange" mask at the end of the day.

- Causes whiteheads and bumps - I was only able to this cc cream for 1 week and I had to discontinue using this since I figured out that this cc cream was the culprit of breakout. I have not change any of my skin care products for more than 6 months, no lifestyle changes (eating healthy vegetarian diet, exercise 3 times per week, taking antioxidants) and my skin was in great condition before I started using this cc cream. I'm not surprised that this cc cream caused breakout since it has way too many ingredients and the more ingredients there are in a product, the more likely skin irritation may occur if you are prone to break out (I counted the ingredients on the list, this cc cream contains ~91 ingredients).

- Not vegan - this cc cream contains "snail secretion filtrate". The idea is the snail mucin from its secretion can help exfoliate skin and promote healing. However, there's no strong evidence that snail secretion filtrate really improves skin complexion compare to using glycolic acid products or antioxidant serum like vitamin C. Also, in order to make snails increase their secretion, you have to subject snails in an stressful environment to make them secrete their mucus. Although the snails are not killed during this process, I'm not a big fan of placing any creatures in stressful condition for the production of a cosmetic. I prefer "vegan" cosmetic products.

I'm returning this cc cream since they cause break outs on me. I personally prefer Jane Iredale BB cream SPF 25 or Lauren Brooke cream SPF 30 foundation plus Honest Beauty primer to give me extra dewy finish that I love (all are vegan and cruelty free) instead of this cc cream.

on 10/28/2017 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The illumination in this CC+ cream comes from sparkles. Yup, sparkles. Glitter. Sparkly glitter. I’d much rather get an illumination in the form of glow, not glitter. Pixi Glowtion Day Dew under the regular CC+ cream would be a better choice in my opinion. I have tried the regular version of the CC+ by IT years ago in the shade medium but it wasn’t a very good match for me so recently I got a sample of this version in the shade light to test out. Not only did the sparkle surprise me but the shade was on the ashy side so also not a good match. I like other products by IT, but they need to improve their shade range for base foundation products, it’s kind of abysmal. If you can find a shade match I’d recommend the regular CC+ and not the illumination version. Both are loaded with some pretty awesome ingredients and the squeezy tube with pump dispenser is fantastic. I would rate this higher if it wasn’t for the lack of shades and the glitter bomb in this version of the product.

on 8/26/2017 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was very excited to try this since I watched the demos on QVC many times and was super impressed with what looked like incredible full coverage. I should have know better. They must be using TONS of this to get that coverage! I'm getting close to 60 and the sun damage has really marched forward on my skin. I really hoped this would cover it without concealer, like on TV. Nope, not even close!

That was the bad, now for the good. It's very dewy and great for drying older skin. I set with loose powder and it stays for most of the day. Love the handy packaging with the upside down pump. Mine does have a slight sheen to it but i didn't notice any glitter. The high SPF is also a huge plus.

I wouldn't purchase this again at its price point. I can get as good of coverage and dewy finish with Revlon CC cream.

I really enjoyed this product when I was into more dewy skin looks. It is incredibly hydrating and non-irritating on my sensitive skin and dry skin, and I think it's in part due to the second listed ingredient: snail filtrate! I got the shade medium for my light olive skin, and it was way too dark. The only reason it blended out and looked okay was because of the undertones of this CC cream. These have a very grey/olive undertone, whilst most foundations are too peachy on me. The coverage on this is so fantastic, I can get medium-full coverage with two pumps all over my face. An issue I had with this "illuminating" version was the sparkles scattered throughout it. This CC cream was illuminating enough without the sparkles, so they seem very pointless and ruin the smooth finish of this a bit. Another thing was that this never really completely sets to a budge-proof finish, even after adding powder on top, and I would notice it breaking up around my nose and chin after a few hours.