Nature's Bounty - Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies with Biotin

No Image

on 3/5/2017 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been eating 2 of these once a day for the last 3 weeks, and I didn't expect results too quickly so I didn't pay attention to what they were doing. I just looked at my hair part in the mirror and I was so surprised at how thick my hair looked! I have very thin, fine hair that gets limp very easily, and normally my part is noticeable, but now I have to almost search to find visible scalp. These taste like candy so it's easy to remember to chew them. I'm still waiting on any results for my baby fly aways at the front of my hairline which is what I originally bought it for but I'm still happy with what I got so far. I bought it for about $12 CND and there's 165 in the bottle, so it's a pretty good deal.

I DO use thickening shampoo+conditioner with biotin and collagen in them in conjunction with the gummies, so my results could have been from that, or a combination of both, so I'm going to continue with what seems to be working for me.

EDIT: I originally thought my breakouts were from pms, but my period is over and I'm still breaking out. I'm pretty sure this is the gummies. I've heard that the breakouts don't last so I'll continue and hope my body adjusts soon. I'll take off another point until that happens.

on 9/26/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My nails got thicker and stronger using this. I didn't really notice much hair growth but I don't pay too much attention to my hair. Plus they're yummy and always BOGO free at Walgreens. I like it. I eat 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's weird doing a supplements review.

Now, first off, I'd like to note that I am, by no means, any sort of expert on vitamins, supplements and nutrition. I am going by my own experience with this one, and if you intend to try it, you'll need to either a) Talk to your doctor, or b) Experiment as I did, and get the right dose.

I purchased the Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails biotin gummies after reading quite a bit about biotin and it's effects on hair, skin, etc. I'd been hoping that it would help with my awful, peeling, cracked nails. At first, I followed the package as directed, 2 gummies once a day. And I broke out, big time. All over my body. Awful.

I gave it a break, and stopped using them.
Then last week, I decided to start using them again, this time at half the dose (1 gummy) and with 1000mg of vitamin c tablets everyday, and 1 vitamin E capsule every 3 days as well. The results have been pretty great. I haven't broken out from this combination yet, and I feel it's made a slight improvement already in my hair and oil production. I can actually go a day without washing it and it doesn't get super-greasy, but stays clean, shiny and fresh looking. I'm very pleased.

For reference, the vitamin contains 7.5mg Vitamin C, 7.5 IU Vitamin E, and 1250mcg Biotin. Biotin is one of those vitamins you only need a small amount of to get results, and is easy to overdo. Some people need more than others, some less, depending on your diet. It seems I need less.

Overall, if you're looking to use a vitamin supplement containing biotin, this is, in my opinion, a good place to start.

Popular Other Products