Glossier balm dotcom

3.6

Not tested on animals

Petrolatum, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'Abeille, Lanolin, Dipalmithoyl Hydroxyproline, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

For the price being paid for this product, it is too small. That aside this is a cute balm I bought in the 'birthday cake' flavour - it smells so good and is glittery. So far I've only used it on the lips, it works well as a lip balm but its' moisturising benefits don't last as long as it should. I can definitely see it being multi-functional. It is very thick coming out of the tube, you will have to squeeze a lot to get product out. The packaging is pretty.

I would repurchase only because I have a discount, otherwise no. It's an absurdly small amount of product for the price, it looks better than it delivers.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have the birthday cake flavored balm and It smells yummy, is moisturizing, and the glitter in it is very fine and not the least bit gritty on my lips. This product is comparable to Aquaphor, and I would not repurchase due to the fact that it's such a close dupe. I also like that I can use plain Aquaphor for dry skin (such as under the eyes) all over my body and on my nails; I would refrain from using the birthday BDC like this since it's fragranced and contains glitter.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Birthday cake flavor mainly because I am a huge fan of the birthday cake by Momofuku milk bar and this is developped in collab. With them. The flavor is wonderful and I reach for this quite often, yet the formula is quote underwhelming and it just seems to sit on lips without any moisturization. I have had better results with pure vaseline but I think I will keep using it just because of the flavour :)

I have to say, I expected a whole lot more from this balm, but was not impressed at all. Love the look of the packaging and convenient to use and lay around in my bag, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad balm, it does moisturise, but there far better ones out there for that.

I am a huge Glossier fan in general, but I am not that into this product. I am one of the skeptics who thinks this is basically vaseline / petroleum jelly. I am guilty of rolling my eyes when I hear of people "conditioning" their lips with it or otherwise "treating" their skin with it. Sure it has ingredients beyond petroleum jelly, but I don't see them doing much... Basically, like any vaseline-type lip balm, it locks in moisture, but it won't add any. (I swear by Aquaphor lip repair, which has made a lasting difference in my chronically dry, chapped lips.) I also find that it does separate a bit and have a weird smell (I have it in "original"). However, all that negativity aside, I do use it frequently, on top of the glossier lipsticks. I think it keeps that lipstick on and adds nice shine. And I just ordered more, so... although I'm a skeptic, I guess I am also a fan.
** Edit to add, I tried the "birthday balm," and it was so incredibly gross. The smell literally turned my stomach - I actually felt a sort of queasy spin. This is very personal, of course. I am sure some people will like the smell, and that's ok. It's just me. I also found it left a white-ish cast on my lips. Needless to say, one use was enough and I will never touch it again. I also tried the cherry, and it smells EXACTLY like children's cough syrup. Also quite nauseating, in my opinion, but again, some people will like it. I'll stick to the neutral!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i ordered this (5) days ago in cherry balm dotcom and it came yesterday afternoon. what surprised me most was how incredibly cute the packaging was inside! when you look at the outside of it, it's a typical plain cardboard box with a glossier sticker on the side that keeps the package closed. when you open the box, it's all pink with a quote inside that i assume the glossier company came up with. they sent me a free sample of their milky jelly cleanser, some stickers, a welcome card, and a pink, plastic ziploc bag where the balm was located. there have been others on here saying that it's basically just glorified, overpriced vaseline (which it is) but i like it anyways. the difference (for me at least) is that this balm lasts much longer than regular vaseline. i also liked the jelly cleanser and am thinking of purchasing the full bottle.

EDIT 8/29/17: i originally gave this 4 lippies. took 3 of them off because this product broke me out around my mouth. :( i stopped using it to make sure and the whiteheads went away. will not be purchasing again.

I have Coconut and the recently released Birthday. I love them both but I slightly prefer Coconut. It's thicker, feels more moisturizing, and its scent lingers for a long time. Birthday smells amazing, exactly like Funfetti cake. It has a pretty, fine, glittery sheen to it too. But it's thinner and the delicious scent disappears within ten minutes of application. Overall both are exceptionally good at keeping my lips in tip top shape, probably the best lip balms I've ever used. When I run out, which may take a long time, I'll repurchase.
I don't like putting this on my finger to apply to my lips, because of germs. Instead I apply it to the knuckle of my pointer finger and then swipe it on my lips, and then usually on my nose too cuz it gets really dry. Then I rub any excess into my knuckles and cuticles, that way everything is happy and moisturized.
Unfortunately after a couple months, the Birthday balm separated in the tube and became very greasy and oily. I try to squish the tube around to mix the oils and waxes back together, to no avail. The holographic design is also flaking off the tube. I haven't had these problems with the Coconut one.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Overview: I didn’t expect to like these as much as I do. I have flavours Birthday, Rose and Coconut.

Price: $12 which to me seems worth it. I only need the smallest amount massaged into my lips.

Formula: It’s a dense, thick product that’s thicker and less slick than Vaseline. It melts against the heat of my lips. In general, I like petroleum based lip balms because I feel like they’re very good at locking in moisture.
I’ve noticed that Birthday is sweeter in flavour compared to Rose and Coconut. If I lick my lips I get a tiny of sugar.

Moisture & Longevity: It’s immediately soothing and comforting on my lips. I often wear the balms to bed and when I wake up I still have product on my lips. They still feel hydrated and plump. It wears off while eating but the balm clings to my lips. I feel like the fact that I massage it in helps the product absorb into my lips and leaves them baby soft.

Packaging: I love it and I hate it. I like how hygienic it is in the sense that the balm itself won’t get contaminated because I use a clean finger to take product from the nozzle. At the same time it’s no good for travelling and suddenly getting the urge to apply lip balm in a public place.

Scents: They’re all very faint in the tube and stronger when you apply them. They dissipate quickly after application. Birthday smells like vanilla sponge cake with buttercream frosting. Rose smells like a sweetened version of fresh roses. Coconut smells like toasted coconut cookies.

Tints: Birthday has random little holographic sparkles which don’t feel gritty to me. Rose has an extremely translucent pink tint.

A note on lanolin: My lips are sensitive to lanolin and it makes my lips tingly and numb. I hate it. I know lanolin is such a hydrating ingredient and it sucks that I can't enjoy it. Lanolin based formulas on my lips feel like a lip plumper gone wrong. The lanolin in this lip balm doesn’t bother irritate my lips at all which makes me so happy.

Final verdict: I really enjoy the formula, I think they make my lips so soft and I love the lasting moisture. The scents add and extra fun touch. My only gripe is the fact that Glossier doesn’t ship to Canada and the lack of a slanted tube to make applying the balm to lips easier on the go.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Ok, so I only bought one, the birthday. In my opinion the glitter is huge, and very noticeable on me, and so I can only see myself using this on my lips. Keeps my lips happy and when I first got it, my parcel had been out in 90degree weather but came out thick and not a liquidy mess, so super happy about that.

There's no flavor, but the scent is good. I mean, who doesn't love cake right?

I want to try the others, but the tube is darn small. It's only 0.5 ounce. Which is good because it doesn't take up any room in my purse, but bad because I feel like the value isn't there. I'd be happier paying much less.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This stuff is pretty amazing. BUT THIS PRICE IS A TOTAL WTF... especially since it has petroleum in it

Video Reviews & Tutorials