Glossier Balm Dotcom

3.5

Not tested on animals

Petrolatum, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'Abeille, Lanolin, Dipalmithoyl Hydroxyproline, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

I am on accutane right now and find that it is moisturizing enough for me, but I haven’t suffered lots of excessive dryness like a lot of people have.

Upsides:
moisturizing
The flavored ones smell divine
Does the job

Downsides:
Harder to get all the product out when running low

If you tempted, then here’s a code for 10% off —> http://bff.glossier.com/h0Bqd

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the original, birthday and 2 mint balms & love them all. They moisturise my lips well & you only need a small amount. However, I can't help but feel they are very expensive - £10 for 15ml is a hefty price tag considering they seem very similar to vaseline (just thicker & less shiny). I think I would buy more in the future as they are good lip balms, and buying the 3 pack for £25 does make them slightly cheaper. I am not sure about the 'universal' salve claim, as all except the original are flavoured - most are colourless, but I still wouldn't put any of them anywhere other than my lips

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i was so so excited to get this stuff in the mail. it came it a cute baby pink package with stickers and my two balm dot coms. i got cherry and birthday balm. i just wanted a nice lip balm with a tint to wear when i have no make up on and i had heard so much about this cult classic. after a couple of weeks the cute packaging turned ugly with all of the colors rubbed off. i also had no clue this product contains lanolin. right away i was disappointed.. it gave 0 shine or nourishment to my lips.. it just felt like a weird film on my lips. i kept using it before bed even though my lips werent very dried to begin with. a month later, i have stretched, raw, almost chemical burns on my lips. i have never had this reaction in my life. it is painful and uncomfortable and nothing is helping soothe it. not to mention this horrible product was like $12 per tiny bottle. i threw these two balms out and am back to using my plain old smiths rose salve. never again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't understand this product. I got swept up in all the Glossier hype and bought this without checking the ingredients, but this is a petroleum jelly based balm, which explains why I felt no moisturising effects whatsoever. I wanted to use it as a lip balm, but since it's petroleum jelly, it just stays on the surface of the lips and doesn't penetrate through. I find it doesn't do much moisturising at all, my lips stayed as cracked as it would be without any balm on. It's a slippy texture that's a little more sticky than what I'd like, not as much as a gloss but definitely more than a usual balm, which again makes me question why this is supposed to be used on dry skin spots when it's non-penetrative and sticky? It'll probably just get on clothes and you'd then have to reapply.

The packaging is also not great, the applicator is tiny so it's not convenient for the lips, and the product easily gets into the part where the cap screws on, which makes it really unsightly and unhygienic. And because the applicator is so small, your lips inevitably end up getting scratched on the screw on bit (which you can imagine is reeeally pleasant when you've already got dry lips). The only way I can see this work is by using fingers. Which defeats the point of a tube packaging.

Nothing about this product is good. I guess if you like petroleum jelly in your products and that's something you've experienced has worked for you, then I suppose balm dot com would be good for you. In my opinion, that just makes this is very fancy overpriced version of Vaseline. If you're thinking of getting this product, I would recommend just going down to your local shop and getting Vaseline, it's pretty much exactly the same thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Birthday Balm Dotcom. They say it smells like cake, but any of my fellow Europeans will disagree. However, having lived in the States and in Canada, I've tested a fair amount of Twinkies, May West, and other Hostess & co delicacies. It actually smells of that- this very artificial vanilla-sugary extract that North American pastry companies cherish, like a "milk filling". It's not bad, but it doesn't smell like your typical pie (for example, MAC lipsticks smell like biscuits in a much nicer way). I bought this because I like the glittery packaging, but also because of the light shimmer, which is very pretty. The thing that I dislike in Vaseline products and a lot of other balms is that they're either too glossy, or just coat the lips but don't feel nourishing at all (they just sit on top of your lips). This is way better, in my opinion. It's more matte than other balms I own, and stays on a good amount of time. Even after drinking an eating, I can still feel it on. I like adding this on top of any lip color for more moisture, and I feel like it keeps it from vanishing too quickly. It's a bit expensive for a lip balm, but it's twice the amount of what I usually buy (Weleda, La Roche-Posay) and which is just as expensive. I want to get the Regular Balm next, and maybe the Rose one.

I have the original/plain one. It's fine as a lip balm, not outstanding. It does the job adequately. However, I don't find it superior to less expensive lip products like good old Chapstick in the black tube or DCT. I also tried using it on my chapped nose (too many colds this year) but it's thick, and was hard to spread on the tender skin. Vaseline was easier to use and more effective on my poor nose.

For the price being paid for this product, it is too small. That aside this is a cute balm I bought in the 'birthday cake' flavour - it smells so good and is glittery. So far I've only used it on the lips, it works well as a lip balm but its' moisturising benefits don't last as long as it should. I can definitely see it being multi-functional. It is very thick coming out of the tube, you will have to squeeze a lot to get product out. The packaging is pretty.

I would repurchase only because I have a discount, otherwise no. It's an absurdly small amount of product for the price, it looks better than it delivers.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have the birthday cake flavored balm and It smells yummy, is moisturizing, and the glitter in it is very fine and not the least bit gritty on my lips. This product is comparable to Aquaphor, and I would not repurchase due to the fact that it's such a close dupe. I also like that I can use plain Aquaphor for dry skin (such as under the eyes) all over my body and on my nails; I would refrain from using the birthday BDC like this since it's fragranced and contains glitter.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Birthday cake flavor mainly because I am a huge fan of the birthday cake by Momofuku milk bar and this is developped in collab. With them. The flavor is wonderful and I reach for this quite often, yet the formula is quote underwhelming and it just seems to sit on lips without any moisturization. I have had better results with pure vaseline but I think I will keep using it just because of the flavour :)

I have to say, I expected a whole lot more from this balm, but was not impressed at all. Love the look of the packaging and convenient to use and lay around in my bag, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad balm, it does moisturise, but there far better ones out there for that.

Popular Lip Treatments