MAC Freshen Up

MAC Freshen Up

on 7/31/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is classified as a highlight powder?? I use it as a blush. This was part of the Wash and Dry summer collection few years back. I just fell in love with the x3 shades in the compact. The deep coral-red is my fav, when blended with the peach and gold colours it looses its deep intensity. There was a gold shimmer overspray which quickly got erased through avid use. The powder is finely milled and well pigmented. I take a blush brush and briskly swirl in the pan picking up all three shades. Once applied, a beautiful wash of colour with a soft rose gold sheen is left on the apples of my cheeks. This blush appears matte but actually has a soft shimmer. The case has a glossy reflective finish, reminiscent of Caribbean colours. This is my most cherished summer go to blush. It will be a sad when I hit pan. Unfortunately can't repurchase as it was part of a limited collection *sigh*

on 6/6/2015 9:50:00 PM

MAC MSFs and Powders are my weakness. I don't buy all that are released but I tend to buy the ones I find visually appealing which obviously is very practical and not contributing to my hoarder tendencies at all. I knew I had to have this one when I saw the gaudy packaging and garish oversprayed powder.

The powder transitions between three colours, starting with a mandarin orange and ending with a yellow beige. The closest thing I have to the sliver of mandarin orange is Illamasqua Excite. Excite is a little brighter and more neon. I feel like this is something blush enthusiasts may have something close to in their arsenal. The next colour is a light orange/beige which is a little chalky but that might be because of the gold overspray. The next is a banana beige which I will be interested to try as an under eye powder once the overspray is completely gone; which due to the texture, is actually longer then I thought with all the sparkles hidden in the crannies.

PROS:
- the powder is soft and finely milled
- the mandarin color is unique in that it leans more toward the red/orange without being too pink
- the powder is multifunctional, on the right skin tone the powder can be used as a blush, highlight or powder

CONS:
- on dry skin the colours can appear to be chalky and settle in fine lines
- the overspray while beautiful is a glitter hazard