Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.3

Avobenzone 2, homosalate 4, octisalate 4, octocrylene 2, isododecane, dimethicone/bis-isobutyl PPG-20 crosspolymer, caprylyl meticone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, phenyl trimethicone, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, propylene glycol dicaprate, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean diglycerides, C15-23 alkane, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed cake, Ribes nigrum (black currant) seed extract, octyldodecanol, octyldodecyl oleate, PEG-8 dimethicone, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, alcohol, Hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, butylene glycol, Lentinus edodes (shiitake mushroom) extract, Mucor miehei extract, Paeonia suffruticosa root extract, ascorbic acid, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, silica, sodium propoxyhydroxypropyl thiosulfate silica, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, Solidago virgaurea (goldenrod) extract, benzyl benzoate, citral, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, linalool, fragrance (parfum).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy cow, this is an amazing product. I will preface this by understanding lots of reviewers talk about this product “pilling off” when applying make up and I do NOT experience this because I really don’t wear a lot of make up. Maybe a little concealer and a little blush? When I apply this product over my daily vitamin C serum and moisturizer, it glides on easily without tugging. It does have a silicone feel but my skin absorbs the product within minutes. After it is absurd come on my skin is left looking absolutely perfect. Semi-matte, smooth and even toned. Just soft and beautiful. The product feels comfortable on, almost weightless. It has a pleasant smell unlike a lot of other sunscreens I have used. Actually, it’s shocking this is is even sunscreen because it feels so good. I cannot currently and will not be able to attest to the long-term effects of the sunscreen, however. I was given a small sample only good enough for a few uses, and would not buy this product simply because of the crazy high price. Not willing to spend 60.00 a month on sunscreen! Amazing nonetheless.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I wanted to give this a try, but it was a total fail. This never feels like it dries down to me. It stays very silicone, slippery feeling and balls up if I try to rub it in well. It also has a distinct scent to it. Part of why I was interested in this was to find a scent free product, but it failed on that at well. I got it for 50% off from a Sephora weekly deal, but will be returning. It's definitely not worth keeping. If you're looking for a primer, this may be worth trying. But I can't say I reccomend it for anyone. I hated how it felt, hated how it smelled, and generally found it lacking. Overall, one of the biggest fails I've ever tried as far as cosmetic products go.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I cannot get this to work. I like powder foundations: I apply foundation with a brush or sponge, and this immediately rubs off in little flakes, shreds and balls. I've tried everything, and have concluded that this is a terrible product. I don't understand how it ever made it to market. Doesn't anyone test these things?

Love this product. Helped my laugh lines and brow wrinkles immensely. I'm in my late 30s and the best I've found yet. I feel a little goes along way, otherwise, you can get some piling. Good under foundation for smooth coverage. Definitely keeping part of my daily regimen. Can wear alone too to balance skin and feel good about sunscreen protection!

I notice a lot of people with dryer skin aren't liking this and complain of pilling. As an oily-skinned person, I can say that I do like this a lot and there has been no pilling whatsoever.

I got a generous sized sample of this a few weeks back and I'm almost to the bottom of it. Makeup goes on well on top of it, and so far it seems to blur out pores and other imperfections a little better than the Tarte Poreless (what I was using prior to receiving this sample).

Of course, I also love that it contains a good SPF. One more step I can skip on the days I wear this.

I would definitely buy the full-sized, although I do want to try out some other primers before doing so.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Where do I begin? This product is just like a primer, very silicone like but unlike a primer, it looks awful with or without makeup. Without makeup it makes my skin look dull. Makeup doesn't apply well on top of this. Either way, it rolls of my skin. Note: even when used on bare skin and with nothing else applied on top, it still rolls off my skin! Terrible. It feels like a suffocating layer, rolls off, cannot be applied in high enough quantities due to all the rolling, smells very strongly (can't even describe the smell) and costs a fortune. I mean, are they kidding me? This was the first product from Murad I tried and it made me not want to try any other! In the bin it went...

I see why some love this. I am not a fan. If I use it under makeup I notice pilling. If you are someone with oily skin you might love it. I need to apply over moisturizer and that causes it to pill as well. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love how this really blurs your imperfections and minimizes the look of pores. It also smells great and leaves your skin smooth. I love that it has spf but leaves no white cast. It's great for oily skin but I don't think I would repurchase because it's too expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I ended up returning this. I think it might work for someone with oily skin who doesn't mind a silicone-based formula and does not have sensitivities to chemical sunscreens.

PROS:

1) The sunscreen is rated SPF 30, which is generally enough protection for an average day.
2) It's gluten-free.
3) It's vegan.
4) It's listed on crueltyfreekitty.com as a cruelty free brand.
5) Although it contains chemical sunscreens, the formula did not tingle or burn my skin.
6) People who avoid physical sunscreens might like this chemical formula.

CONS:

1) You have to be very careful when you apply it because the silicone-heavy formula has a tendency to ball up.
2) Felt slick and somewhat greasy on my skin - and never seemed to dry down.
3) Surprisingly, it did not make my makeup look better. It did not pair well with most of my liquids. The only foundations it seemed to cooperate with were Kat Von D's powder foundation, Chantecaille Compact, and MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus.
4) $65 per ounce is very expensive.
5) The chemical sunscreens made my face somewhat itchy. I usually look for mineral sunscreens but took a chance on this one anyway. Now I know I prefer Hourglass Mineral Veil. If you're not sensitive to chemical sunscreens, this probably won't be a negative for you.

I appreciate that Murad is striving to make good, vegan products, but this particular formula didn't thrill me enough to justify the price. If I'm going to buy an expensive primer, I'll just go back to Hourglass.

Ingredients:

Sunscreen ingredients: avobenzone 2%; homosalate 4%; octosalate 4%; octocrylene 2%

Isododecane, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Diethylhexyl 2, 6- Naphthalate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Polyglycerides, C15-23 Alkane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Cake, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Oleate, PEG -8 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Alcohol, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract*, Butylene Glycol, Lentinus Edodes (Shiitake Mushroom) Extract, Mucor Miehei Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Solidago Virgaurea (Goldenrod) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral,Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldhyde, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The one star is for the absurd price. I'm not sure where companies get off gouging people and charging an arm and a leg for a product that probably costs 25 cents to manufacturer.

I received a sample of this because no way in h e l l would I ever spend $60.00 on a primer. This primer does the job, no better or no worse than Maybelline, ELF, NYX or any of the other primers that I have on hand. This is a good mattifying primer if you have oily skin.

I'm old enough and I've been around the block enough to see through marketing gimmicks. I'm sure there are boat loads of people who will happily fork over lots of cash for this product. I'm just not one of them. For sixty bucks this stuff better be life transforming and of course we all know that no makeup product, from ELF or Murad, will ever transform one's life.