COOLA Coola Makeup Setting Spray spf 30

No Image

3.5

I’m just happy to find something silicone-free that contains SPF, that’s super-easy to reapply during the day. I hate the smell (but it fades quickly), it stings a little at first, and the pump spray isn’t exactly as fine as I would prefer. But despite all of that, I’m extremely pleased with this product. It protects my skin, and doesn’t break me out (a rare combination!).

Will NEVER EVER stop buying this holy cow! I thank my lucky stars I tried it even with the semi bad reviews ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

It’s my HG setting spray, and the top of my overall HG list!! It mattifies like nothing else I’ve ever tried in my life (my nose is oil town, while the rest is dry as a desert!) and my extremely huge pores are gone in seconds, and it stays mat for the entire day! I can also respray, adding more spf, and it never looks too much. It’s also amazing in sealing products in!

It’s not for everyone as you feel it like a thin film on the skin, and it gets everywhere and feels like hairspray on hair and textiles. So wrap a towel around before spraying. It also mattifies so it can feel drying although I have no problems with it on my really dry areas (plus psoriasis). It contains quite a bit of alcohol but I suspect you’d get that greasy normal sunscreen feeling without it as alcohol oxidizes quickly (think hand sanitizers)

I see others have mentioned retinol and you should Never ever wear retinol during the day in the first place as your skin gets raw, it’s stated on pretty much all retinol products! And if you are adding alcohol ingredients and it still burns from the night before, then you are using too much retinol for your skin to handle! Don’t blame this amaze ball product!

I think it’s a love or hate product. I LOVE it 😍

The only downer is that the fine mist can get a little “droplety” if you don’t clean the nozzle and the droplets dry down and you will then have to smear them out! Hassle!

This product gave me a painful chemical burns on my face. Based on my bad experience, I would give it zero lipsticks if I could. If you use Retinol DO NOT USE this product. It stung until the next day and the area over the burn now feels like sand paper. I've never had this kind of a reaction to sunscreen, and I'm an AVID user. There were no warnings on the label.

Maybe if you don't use Retinol it could be great for you. I admire the "Farm to Face" values this company seems to espouse.

That said, the product also felt and smelt like rubbing alcohol and dried out my skin.

Proceed with caution!

on 9/11/2017 10:01:00 AM

Use the code: " JAY20 " for 20% off Coolasuncare.ca from September 11th, 2017 - September 18th, 2017. (i dont get paid if you use this code :) )

PROS:
Really doesn't disturb your makeup underneath - great way to touch up on SPF
Moisturizing
Matte finish
SPF 30 UVA/UVB
Skincare like ingredients (Algae, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Orange fruit water etc)

CONS:
Green Tea smell (personal)
Alcohol
Price ($51 CAD)

Read the full review:

The perfect product for oily skin! I don’t think I’ve ever been able to find a makeup setting spray that doesn’t make me oily within two-three hours. THIS spray however, does the trick! Giving it an A+ by far.

What I LOVE most about this product is that you can get your SPF 30 sunscreen protection easily with no extra steps in your makeup routine. That is huge for me, because I’m all about saving time. This makeup setting spray also includes wholesome ingredients such as: peony leaf, juniper berry, and phoenix leaf stem cells, which is great and not something you can find in any other setting spray product.

I personally use this right after I finish all of my face makeup, and it leaves me feeling refreshed and totally keeps my makeup on for an entire workday. I will definitely be purchasing this product in the future, and recommend you give it a try!

on 8/2/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this cheaper at a Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $20, it's about $36 I think.

I read a review about someone getting this in their hair and it got hard so instead of spraying it directly on my face, I spray it on my hands, rub them together and then pat it all over my face, usually 2 times to make sure I got my whole face. I occasionally use BB cream and this helps it last all day.

I mostly use it as a supplement over regular SPF 50 sunscreen since I've been outside a lot lately walking dogs. Someone asked me how I looked so fresh after we'd been running around with dogs in the Texas heat! That's a pretty high compliment so I will definitely keep using this because it works for me.

I double cleanse with Julep Love Your Bare Face and Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. This hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin.

on 6/11/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the concept but not the execution:( It stopped spraying nicely after the 2nd use and now is like a hose. It's full blast single line spray. Yes I cleaned the nozzle. Not only that but it burns like the dickens, I guess it has alcohol to keep you matte which it did the 2x I used it. I now just spray on hands and chest. Grossly disappointed. Someone please message me if you know of something like this that works.

on 1/23/2017 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this more than a year ago, thinking it would be a good additional step for hotter and more humid summer days, when my foundation tends to nearly melt off my face. It ends up being a tad more expensive than Urban Decay All Nighter Spray - which is $15 for 1 ounce and the Coola is $36 for 1.7 ounces. But I thought the additional $6 per ounce seemed reasonable given that this contains sunscreen chemical filters.

But nope, just nope. This stuff BURNS LIKE A MOTHER. I've used a number of facial sprays - Urban Decay, L'oreal, Ofra, Innisfree, etc. and none of them have burned quite like this one. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, so this was the first pitfall of this product. I've read that the alcohol content on this particular setting spray may be higher than others? Second con would be the awful packaging - I understand the spray is prone to "sticking" because of the SPF ingredients and needs a little nudging to restore to its proper position. However, I feel this affects the spritz of the product. Initially, the product did spray a decently fine mist and evenly distributed on my face, but after a month or so, not so much. Not sure how effective the SPF is when the fluid is haphazardly squirted in huge droplets about my face. The plastic cap also began fracturing in several different places and I wasn't especially rough with it, never took the bottle traveling.

Did it prolong the wear of my make-up? Sure, but not tremendously better than other more inexpensive setting sprays that continue to spray beautifully fine mists until they're depleted. I suppose the SPF aspect of this spray is a nice extra, but I will not be repurchasing this.

I am v. cranky about how this product worked out. I got a sample of this in a recent Birchbox and tried it out a few times. It seems like the perfect kind of thing for the heat of summer -- a bit of extra spf and a boost for your make-up's staying power as the garbage sweat threatens your perfect dewy bronzed look. Seemed great the first few uses -- but wasn't sure how well it was or wasn't working. This morning, though, when I sprayed it, the skin under my felt like it was on fire! The feeling quickly dissipated and nothing got in my eye -- no lasting harm done -- but I'm now super skeptical about this product. I'm fairly sure I probably sprayed it slightly too close to my face, or slightly too hard, but only slightly. But that really shouldn't be the difference between an okay experience and painful one, especially if this is a sign the product could ultimately be too harsh for long-term use on sensitive or acne-prone skin.

on 7/5/2016 2:40:00 PM

I am so torn on this product!! I really liked it, but i just don't think realistically I would ever repurchase unless it was a really good sale.

I got this as a sample in my Birchbox last month and I was super excited to try it out.

What I LOVE about it is that you get your SPF 30 sunscreen protection easily with no extra steps in your makeup routine. I apply setting spray everyday anyway so I like that its an easy way to protect my skin from sun damage. I am am so white I have to wear sunscreen daily. If you need additional sun protection throughout this day, this is great to spray on your face without messing up your makeup.

I was afraid this spray would leave my face greasy, but I did not experience this.

This product is expensive! I can buy my CoTZ matte facial sunscreen SPF 40 (I love this stuff) and a 2 oz NYX setting spray for less than the cost of 1.7 oz of the Coola. I am totally willing to fork over the dough for quality products but there are two things I didn't like about this spray 1) the strong smell of sunscreen upon application and 2) i opened my eyes immediately after setting my makeup with this spray and it STUNG. I now know to keep my eyes closed for a few extra seconds.

So, overall, I would buy this stuff if it was cheaper to keep in my beach bag for touch ups for a long day in the sun.