Dickinson's Brands Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Dickinson's Brands Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Dickinson's Witch HazelDickinson's Witch HazelDefeating pimples with witch hazel toner!

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been a witch hazel fan for almost all of my adult life. It’s my preferred toner after cleansing and I use it both day and night, regardless if I’ve worn makeup or not.
I have sensitive (I get eczema patches), combo (super dry cheeks and around mouth & super oily t-zone which goes down to my chin) skin. This toner is very strongly scented, without added fragrance that doesn’t linger. A few drops on a cotton pad and my skin almost feels relieved.
I find that when I’m between bottles or I’m trying something else, my skin misses it. I do occasionally make a spray with the witch hazel and rose water for my no makeup days.

on 7/12/2018 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I noticed that even in the same store at the same time, there are two different types of bottles for this, a blue one near the rubbing alcohol and such, and a yellow bottle near the skin care stuff. My review is for the yellow bottle, not sure what if any difference there is, but I figured I would note that to clarify. I have sensitive skin that is combo to dry. I've been oil cleansing off and on for a few years, but sometimes oil cleansers leave a bit of residue. Despite my skin being dry I am very prone to clogged pores, and occasionally get breakout. I use after cleaning and drying my face, I apply a small amount to a cotton round a swipe over my entire face. This helps remove the residue that oil cleansing sometimes leaves. When I'm not oil cleansing, I use this to help remove makeup that my cleanser leaves behind. I do a full face almost everyday so getting off those last traces of makeup is important. Since using this I have not had any breakouts. I haven't noticed a reduction in the clogged pores on my nose and chin, but those usually take a resurfacing treatment to get rid of. In the past I have used a very popular online skincare brand that has toners, I have to say I like this product better. It works well, and it's a lot less expensive. I've already repurchased, one bottle lasts a long time. I did not find this to be overly drying like salicylic acid toners that often irritate my skin.

on 6/17/2018 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Having used Thayers and Dickinsons witch hazel products (respectively) for the last 3 years, I've figured out that Dickinsons provided a more concentrated, simple formula for a far cheaper price than Thayers and overall worked better for my combination/oily skin. After cleansing, I usually put a few drops on a cotton pad and pat it around my face (particularly around my oily T-zone). Yes, the product smells very strong (it's the scent of pure witch-hazel, guys) but it doesn't linger on the face.

However, this toner IS NOT for EVERYBODY. I would NOT recommend this product for those with very sensitive, dry skin, as the toner can invoke stinging and irritation. It also stings like hell if you accidentally get it into your eyes or in a cut/scrape on your face. The 14% alcohol is the obvious culprit, with its drying properties, but I found that it helps with some of my oil problems. If the toner is still too potent, as it can be during my drier winter months, diluting the formula and adding a little bit of sweet almond oil or rose-hip oil will do the trick.

All in all, this product has a great value for the price and provides a potent product, no-nonsense product.

on 3/31/2018 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only toner that worked for my skin. I have notice pores getting smaller. I have sensitive skin acne prone oily, this helps with that. I'm glad I found witch hazel.

unfortunately this product made my skin worse. my skin was getting better but i needed to add a toner to my routine & this stuff brought me back like 5 steps. i have sensitive combo skin.. mainly on the dry side.

i will say, it cleansed my skin very well & gave my dry skin a beautiful glow. but It may be the 14% alcohol that my skin didn’t like.

on 1/8/2018 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve only been using this for a few weeks and haven’t noticed a large difference but it definitely has improved my skin. I’d noticed so many people using and raving about it, both online and in my personal life, that I decided to try it out for myself and since it was only $7 from priceline I figured I couldn’t go wrong. The first thing I have to say is that it smells absolutely terrible. It’s a scent that you either like or hate - I can imagine some people liking it and finding it a nice natural scent - but for the first few days of using it I couldn’t open the bottle without gagging. It’s got a VERY strong scent. However in saying that I’ve been using it for a while now and the scent doesn’t bother me as much, which is good because it’s actuallt pretty good. It works well at giving your skin a final clean after cleansing and removing excess makeup. I find it leaves my face with a nice natural glow and feeling extra fresh. I put my moisturiser on straight after. I’ve noticed it’s helped a lot with pimple scarring, fading scabs and a little bit with the texture on my face. I’m going to keep using it because so far I like it - I want to see if it’ll do more.

on 12/14/2017 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Use it as a toner and have since my 20's but because of my sensitive skin I always rinse my face with cold water afterwards to remove residue. Not too drying and inexpensive. An old faithful.

on 12/8/2017 9:00:00 PM

Not really impressed, sadly. Due to all of the positive reviews I was expecting a miracle but this was just average. Found it at Kroger for about $5. I’ve had it for a few months and am at less than half of a bottle left. I have acne scarring/pitting/textures skin, normal to combo (sometimes oily, dry around the nose) occasional break outs. I use this usually morning and night. It does a good job at night taking off any extra makeup that didn’t come off with my makeup remover but other than that I don’t see it doing anything above that for my skin. It was worth a try for me but I think I’ll try pixi glow tonic next. Oh also, I’m not usually too weird about scents and a lot of people said they think it smells botanical or natural but tbh I think it smells like hot dog water lmao. It’s gross. I’ve gotten used to it now since it’s been awhile but it’s not a great smell.

on 12/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best toner ever, I️ have really oily skin and I’m always careful what I use with it because anything too stripping will cause pores to over produce sebum. This is really balancing and natural and compared to Thayers, a lot better for oily skin if you’re looking for something balancing.

The first time i tried it, it was after using cetaphil cleanser and I broke out with cystic acne. I didnt realize iy was actually the cetaphil that was causing all my breakouts. I stopped cetaphil and decided to go back to clean n clear essential oil free foaming cleanser and then used this toner again, and BAM i got better skin. It helps tone my akin, helps reduce all the redness and I am mote comfortable lookin at myself in the mirror without makeup because it also helped reduce my acne scars. My advice is for you to give it some time like i did, at first the breakouts seem to not be goig away but after a few days of use, they just disappeared and there are no new ones that pop up.