Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Dickinson's Witch HazelDickinson's Witch HazelDefeating pimples with witch hazel toner!

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 1/8/2018 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve only been using this for a few weeks and haven’t noticed a large difference but it definitely has improved my skin. I’d noticed so many people using and raving about it, both online and in my personal life, that I decided to try it out for myself and since it was only $7 from priceline I figured I couldn’t go wrong. The first thing I have to say is that it smells absolutely terrible. It’s a scent that you either like or hate - I can imagine some people liking it and finding it a nice natural scent - but for the first few days of using it I couldn’t open the bottle without gagging. It’s got a VERY strong scent. However in saying that I’ve been using it for a while now and the scent doesn’t bother me as much, which is good because it’s actuallt pretty good. It works well at giving your skin a final clean after cleansing and removing excess makeup. I find it leaves my face with a nice natural glow and feeling extra fresh. I put my moisturiser on straight after. I’ve noticed it’s helped a lot with pimple scarring, fading scabs and a little bit with the texture on my face. I’m going to keep using it because so far I like it - I want to see if it’ll do more.

on 12/14/2017 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Use it as a toner and have since my 20's but because of my sensitive skin I always rinse my face with cold water afterwards to remove residue. Not too drying and inexpensive. An old faithful.

on 12/8/2017 9:00:00 PM

Not really impressed, sadly. Due to all of the positive reviews I was expecting a miracle but this was just average. Found it at Kroger for about $5. I’ve had it for a few months and am at less than half of a bottle left. I have acne scarring/pitting/textures skin, normal to combo (sometimes oily, dry around the nose) occasional break outs. I use this usually morning and night. It does a good job at night taking off any extra makeup that didn’t come off with my makeup remover but other than that I don’t see it doing anything above that for my skin. It was worth a try for me but I think I’ll try pixi glow tonic next. Oh also, I’m not usually too weird about scents and a lot of people said they think it smells botanical or natural but tbh I think it smells like hot dog water lmao. It’s gross. I’ve gotten used to it now since it’s been awhile but it’s not a great smell.

on 12/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best toner ever, I️ have really oily skin and I’m always careful what I use with it because anything too stripping will cause pores to over produce sebum. This is really balancing and natural and compared to Thayers, a lot better for oily skin if you’re looking for something balancing.

The first time i tried it, it was after using cetaphil cleanser and I broke out with cystic acne. I didnt realize iy was actually the cetaphil that was causing all my breakouts. I stopped cetaphil and decided to go back to clean n clear essential oil free foaming cleanser and then used this toner again, and BAM i got better skin. It helps tone my akin, helps reduce all the redness and I am mote comfortable lookin at myself in the mirror without makeup because it also helped reduce my acne scars. My advice is for you to give it some time like i did, at first the breakouts seem to not be goig away but after a few days of use, they just disappeared and there are no new ones that pop up.

on 9/19/2017 9:20:00 AM

Since trying proactiv for my problem skin, the one thing that drove me crazy was how quickly I ran out of their toner. I found it ridiculous. Then I found witch hazel. I honestly feel so foolish for not trying this years ago. I love the woodsy natural scent, it does not sting and most importantly does not leave my skin uncomfortable and dry. Its almost as if this product gives me a nice canvas to work with, whether its my night routine, or a morning routine, or me being a lazy butt, wiping off my make up and looking for a quick clean up. It comes in a gigantic bottle, so I never have to feel like I have to ration it out in any way. My skin is reacting great to this. I've tried many harsh toners and astringents that overwhelmed my skin and made it worse, but this stuff really is skin-loving. All I need is some cotton pads, I cleanse, tone my face and neck, and apply whatever serum/treatment I see fit. Great buy.

on 8/15/2017 2:36:00 AM

I have used the original toned years ago, and I just purchased a new hydrating toner from this same brand that smells very subtle and not a lot like witch hazel. I love it so far, it leaves my skin so clean, I use it after washing my face to get it clean free for my nighttime lotions.

on 7/1/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have started using this for about a week now and I must say my face has gotten clearer! My pores have gotten smaller and I feel it's balancing out my skin because I don't feel it as dry as I used to.. I will def recommend especially if you have sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't realize how amazing this was at keeping my skin clear until I stopped using it and my breakouts came back. After I finished the bottle I didn't run out to get a new one for months and I had breakouts every week. As someone who has oily skin I break out a lot because of it. I would use this everyday in the mornings, during the day if I needed, after washing my makeup and at night. It helped me so much when I was using it. I'd hardly ever break out. In the moment it didn't feel like it was doing anything for my skin but it actually helped a lot.

I just love this toner. They came out with 3 different versions in Walmart now, but majority of the ingredient is witch hazel.
In the past, I've tried using toners when I was younger, trying it for a max of 3 days and then stopping as my skin felt dry and left a residue.
I decided to purchase this product since I was told to look for a toner that contains no alcohol, and this did not. The product is approx. $10 for this big bottle so I thought I'd give it a try, instead of buying a clinique one that cost $25+ for a small bottle.
I also noticed other over the counter beauty brands started coming out with non-alcohol toners but when I read the ingredient on the back, there were too many ingredients, and some I haven't heard of.

I bought the Dickinson's witch hazel and love it! It does not dry out my skin, leaves my skin feeling clean and I don't break out after using it. I use it every night and morning.

You can't go wrong with this product, and I have sensitive skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products