Joico Balance blue

Balance blue

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy grail for medium brown highlighted to blonde hair.

If your hair is too yellow after bleaching, you need purple. If it is too orange, you need THIS. Sometimes purple shampoos will make my blonde lilac or grey, while leaving the orange completely alone. This never does that. This cools off any orangey still-darker areas of my hair while leaving the blonde alone. The only time it's ever given my lighter hair a bluish tint is if I leave it on too long immediately after bleaching (when it's ultra porous) or right after using an ACV rinse (which opens the cuticle).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this because I felt like my purple shampoo wasn't doing much for my bleached hair and that maybe I could try something different. I just used this today and the results are pretty incredible! The fragrance is light and clean and the blue didn't stain my hands. Only thing I don't love is the sulfates.

I'm a licensed hairstylist. I recently got a full head of highlights. Turned out brassy and yellow!

I used this one time and it looked great.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Recently had a hair disaster with at home coloring. Couldn't get the orange/red out went to salon twice(2 sessions) and they didn't get it to where I wanted it either it was still very warm. I'm a natural level 3 and was virgin before all of this. I wanted a level 6 base with level 7 and 8 balayage throughout. While my hair color looks great it's still warm so I went 3 days later (when I could finally wash my hair after coloring) & purchased this. I believe it was about $16, but I bought a bundle at ulta; Joico products were buy 2 get one free. My overall hair color is actually lighter than I preferred so when I used this about 2x my hair went from light brownish orange to a light brown without brass and medium natural blonde highlights on my lightest hairs. So it really neutralizes the brass and looks beautiful! Because I only wash my hair about 3x a week, I use this everytime along with the conditioner. The first use I didn't notice much of a difference not until the second use did it make a difference I could see. I usually need the neutralizing every week so I am going through a lot of it already. 😬