Avon Makeup Setting Spray

No Image

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Avon's setting spray is the 1st one that I've ever tried. The price point was nice, and there wasn't any annoying fragrance. Every time I used that, along with a face primer under my makeup, I have seen tremendous longevity in the amount of time that my makeup lasts.

The bottle is the perfect size to keep at home or to put in your travel makeup bag. It has a cooling sensation, so it would be nice for refreshing your face throughout the day. Another bonus that I've seen with it is using it on my eye brushes when applying makeup. Along with my eye primer, I spray my brush with setting spray and dip into colors that look as if they don't have a lot of pigmentation when applied dry. The setting spray boosts the color, as well as helps to reduce color fallout.

I have not tried any other sprays such as Elf, NYX, Skindinavia, Mario Badescu, Urban Decay, MAC Fix + or any other drug store/high end product. However, for this price point, Avon will remain my go-to setting spray. A+

Normally I would use urban decay setting spray but I saw this on offer and thought I would give it a try, it's a fraction of the price in the same style spray bottle as urban decay and for me it works just as well, it leaves a slight tight feeling when you first spray it if you use to much but the feelings goes away, I have sensitive skin and I have had no issues with break outs

on 3/14/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first setting spray that I've ever used, so I don't have a basis for comparison. I will say though that this product does give my makeup a dewy finish and helps it last throughout my work day.
The formula is odourless and the bottle is non-aerosol. I give it about three spritzes to ensure that I've gotten the entirety of my face as I hold the bottle away by about 10 centimetres.
Note: while it does help my mascara, it does not seem to help my other eye makeup. I like to wear colourful eye pencils and with or without this spray, the pigmentation is just gone by the end of day.

on 5/27/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry, no pic. I've never used nor even ever thought to use a makeup setting spray before. I wasn't sure if I needed an extra product but considered that maybe using such a spray would help keep my oily face from loosening my foundation and smearing my mascara - my two main makeup problems.

So when I saw the Avon Makeup Setting Spray on sale for Cdn $5.99 (regularly $9.99) I thought I'd give it a go without having spent too much. The 60 ml (2 oz) spray is simply packaged in a dark, plastic bottle with a natural pump spray and plastic cap.

Not really knowing what results I was suppose to see, I pumped four spritzes onto my face on day one. I didn't detect any scent, the product dried quickly and invisibly without any tightness or stickiness, and I had no allergic reaction. It was completely undetectable in that you can't see it or feel it.

About 12 hours later, I'd noticed that my mascara hadn't smeared as much as it normally would have and although my foundation didn't look as fresh as when it was first applied, it also hadn't mixed with my oily skin as much, and I could still see my blusher. The spray didn't make my face any more or less oily. I don't use a face primer but I do use an eye primer, so my eyeshadow and eyeliner looked as good as it would normally after 12 hours.

It's been a week since I've started using the spray and I think my favourite part has been that it prevents my mascara from smearing and that it keeps my makeup looking fresher. I'd most likely repurchase at the sale price.