3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

6 months ago

I should have known better to stick my instinct in avoiding soap for my face. The reviews on another site sucked me in and I had a coupon for the store, so I tried it. As expected per past experiences with face soap, it irritated my skin and dried it out along with causing pimples. I only used it for a few weeks, but things cleared up once I stopped. My skin felt tight, and like a residue was left behind after rinsing. It caused my new eye cream to almost get tossed because I felt it was drying the heck out of my undereye area. My face looked dull and dry and I was constantly applying more moisturizer only to realize it was all because of this stuff. Never again will I try soap for my face. And charcoal is literally the very last ingredient of 21 ingredients yet it's in large font on the box. Go figure..

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

I bought this product in November. I loved it. It was very refreshing and it's shape is awesome for scrubbing the different contours of the face. You get a great deep clean and great scrub. This product is great for my oily/combination skin which is also very sensitive. This is also great for shoulders, neck and decolletage scrub. Bonus my husband likes it too. The bar lasts a very long time and worth every penny.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

4 years ago

Makes my skin feel rubbery. The peppermint smell is so strong it burns your eyes even if you get the soap no where near them. The peppermint also causes your face to tingle making you think it's clean but really it's just tingly. Had higher expectations ????

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I have combination skin and struggle with blackheads on my nose and chin. I have been using this for three days and I have noticed a huge difference in the cleanliness of my skin. My blackheads are diminishing, and nothing beats how clean my skin feels after every wash. I bought this for 6.99 at Ulta, and I think the price is reasonable since the bar will last longer than a cleanser. Will repurchase!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Me face feels detoxed. Super clean feeling and gentle-medium exfoliating. My skintone is more even and clear of redness :) this bar will last you for a ling time so the price is fair. Will buy again, no doubt!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I am bought this when I ran out of my neutrogena face bar because it was on sale. I really like this product. It definitely helped keep my skin clear and might even have helped my pores a bit. A definite upside to this bar was that my boyfriend also loved it and used it daily in the shower. Even with both of us using it, it has lasted a long time. Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing it when it's gone because I've made the decision to avoid micro-beads from now on. I have bought another biore cleanser without microbeads to try after!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Really cleaned out my pores like nothing else could. My skin tone seems more even. It isn't too harsh. I'm really amazed about this drugstore find. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

5 years ago

Overall this is a great product. I can tell it really does clean my pores better than anything else. My face hasn't been as oily and my acne has cleared up a bit too. It really exfoliates my skin. At first after you wash it I do feel like my face feels like rubber but after a couple of minutes I find it feels really smooth.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I like the mintiness of this. In summer, I find this refreshing. It doesn't dry out my skin or sting. I bought this soap because I became convinced that Dior's Nude Skin foundation has dyed my skin and I wanted to exfoliate. It works well while not seeming very rough on my skin. The charcoal pore strips are great too.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0
from

5 years ago

Charcoal is the latest "it" ingredient in skincare lately. Though, I'm not sure how effective it would be in a cleanser that gets rinsed off. The most noticeable thing about this bar is the overwhelming mintiness. Opening the package you get hit in the face with a strong minty scent reminiscent of toothpaste. On the face the mint is just as powerful, and honestly it's so strong it's irritating. While I did not use this on my eye area it irritated my eyes nonetheless and I had to keep my eyes tightly closed while washing. Not surprisingly peppermint oil ranks just above carbon on the ingredients list. Being a bar, this is pretty drying and I would not recommend this for anyone with dry or sensitive skin at all. for oily and combo skin, I think there are far better options. There are a couple of beneficial ingredients in this, otherwise this is typical bar soap. and I don't feel this warrants the $6 a bar price tag. **edit** This caused me to have a terrible breakout, epically terrible, as in the worst break out of my life by far. My right cheek is covered in pimples, scattered pimples on my forehead on left cheek. Really wasn't digging this to begin with, but I ended up tossing the remainder of the bar.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

Age30-35