La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur Instant Oil-Absorbing Coverage BB Cream

La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur Instant Oil-Absorbing Coverage BB Cream
Effaclar BB Blur Instant Oil-Absorbing Coverage BB CreamIngredients for La Roche Posay Effeclar BB Blur

3.8

Dimethicone, Undecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tridecane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica Silylate, Perlite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Retinyl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, May contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/15/2017 11:30:00 AM

I Like using this product when foundation feels too heavy in the day time it does what it says perfectly, covers imperfections including my stubborn redness and acne scars. Comes out looking really thick but it spreads nicely and feels velvety on my skin.

The tube is nice, light and small and can fit in my handbag easily so you can top up during the day. A little of this product goes a long way so this bottle will last you. Feels much better than carrying round a heavy glass bottle of foundation.

In terms of oil control it’s not great, as the product claims to be instant oil absorbing. But it’s not awful either so I had to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I use the light medium shade as I’m pale although I usually use a medium yellow toned foundation to give me a little more colour in my face so I’m not a fan of LRP’s lack of shades. The shades are slightly pink toned so is good for people with cool undertones. Thus I only use this product in winter as it makes me look too washed out and white in the summer , they should add a colour in between the light medium and the medium dark shade.

Make sure you moisturise before you apply this product especially in winter as it can cling to dry or flaky patches and accentuate the dryness

on 6/12/2017 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to like this, if just for the sunscreen, but it was so mask-like. Even using just a minimal amount, it sat on top my skin. Both the tint color (grayish) and texture were too obvious and I threw out half the tube.

I wanted to give this 5 out of 5, because it ticks many of my boxes, but there are a couple of issues that LRP need to iron out.

First of all, this is unlike most BB creams, which are more akin to tinted moisturisers. It's a silicone-based balm, and so it's closer to something like Givenchy's Teint Couture Balm - in fact, I bought this after trying the Givenchy, because I was hoping for a similar product at a smaller price.

The silicone is what gives the blurring effect, and this does a very good job of smoothing out the appearance of pores and the finer lines. It also has a mattifying effect when first applied, although this only lasts a few hours.

The product looks a bit alarming when it comes out of the tube, like a thick paste in a worryingly Donald Trump shade of tan orange. However, it spreads thinly, and leaves just a sheer veil of coverage, so you needn't worry about an exact colour match. That said, LRP really need to cater for skin shades darker than 'light olive', because the two shades currently available would, I think, be completely inadequate for most women of colour.

No brush or sponge is needed, just buff the goop around with your fingers until your face is covered. Which makes it good for travelling light and makeup on the go. You do need to be careful not to rub too hard, or the silicone breaks down into those infuriating little blobs that come away on your fingers.

The SPF content is quite good. Overall, I think the Givenchy is the superior product in terms of coverage and finish, but the LRP balm is a decent product for oilier skins.

on 4/23/2017 3:34:00 PM

A very nice bb cream has more coverage then most bb creams, it really does blur imperfections and makes your skin look poreless like your skin but better.
It's a mousy texture and blends in your skin nicely, but leaves skin nice and matte yet it doesn't dry out skin.

on 6/11/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing, I don't have to use foundation anymore and is very lightweight on the skin. For me it's better than a foundation because it matches my skin colour perfectly, it doesn't oxidise like foundations do and is suitable for my sensitive skin (and it's a sunblock on top!). It's a small tube however a little product goes a long way so it lasts months! However when my skin is dry (in winter) it looks patchy so it's best for oily skin or summer months that's the only reason I give 4 and not 5 stars.

I usually am alright with La Roche-Posay products but this one was just not up to their standards.

Perhaps because I don't usually use their tinted products, the BB blur colour was completely off - it looked almost greyish. Another point was the mousse; where you would assume the mousse would melt smoothly on the skin it just sat on the skin clinging on dry patches and bringing out my pores even more.

Maybe a redeeming point to the product was its packaging? I appreciate the small nozzle but how redeeming is decent packaging if the product is god awful.

on 9/30/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This may just be my HG. I have mature oily skin, surprisingly few wrinkles but large pores are the bane of my skin. I got a sample of the Light/Medium shade for my olive skin and tried it out, and although it was too light, the finish was perfection. It has a light fluffy texture that glides over your skin and it left mine looking beautiful. I mean, it was soooo lovely. I stared at myself in the mirror, it was so nice. I think the effect isn't so much the pigmentation of the cream but the "blur" effect. My pores were minimized and my skin had a velvety soft finish - matte, but not dry. But the color wasn't quite right, so I washed my face and reapplied, this time mixing it with an equal part of liquid bronzer and applying with a foundation brush. And there it was....a beautiful soft finish that dropped 10 years off my face. Knowing my oiliness would soon pop out, I dusted translucent powder on my t-zone. 4 hours later I needed another dusting of powder but the "blurring" was still going strong. I was in love!

I've used this for 2 straight weeks and haven't experienced any breakouts of any kind. I am meticulous about cleansing, I exfoliate regularly, and use a clay masque to draw out pore gunk so perhaps my regime is keeping me protected.

I love this product.

on 1/15/2017 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I purchased the Effaclar BB Blur off of eBay, very good deal. Absolutely LOVE this bb cream. It's so smooth and airy and creamy. I use a Real Techniques sponge to apply my various foundations and bb creams. But with this cream I just use my fingers and it's super blendable, super easy to apply, and it makes skin look soooo good.

It definitely has a blurring effect. I'd say it has medium coverage. It's thicker and offers more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, and it leaves your skin feeling like velvet.

It does transfer easily, though. But I'll live with that because this bb cream is insanely good! I'll be buying this again, and can't recommend it enough for mature skin!
(the Light/Medium shade is great for fair skin, but probably too dark if you have ivory skin)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I definitely will not repurchase this BB cream. It gives me more of a light to medium coverage. I purchased it in the only shade available in my country, "Natural", which is a little bit lighter and cooler in tone at first, but the colour actually matches nicely after application.

Blending is an almost impossible feat with this, because it looks very cakey between my eyebrows, accentuates my dry patches left by my acne and doesn't sit on my nose no matter if I use my fingers (what seems to work better), a really good brush or a sponge. What I found makes go on more smoothly is applying my favorite sunscreen, the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer under it, but this makes my skin produce more oil.

The pore-minimizing properties aren't really that noticeable and it has only clogged my pores, in the long run making my skin even worse than what I trying to conceal initially.

Also, as expected, the oil control doesn't work for me, as my skin is very, very oily because I'm still in my twenies, and no primer mixture or powder in my possession has been able to make this better. Also, it is not even a bit waterproof, so shorty after applying, in about 10 minutes, I have sweated it off already.

The nail on the coffin is that this is a very pricey BB cream, for even a fraction of that price I could get true a foundation with better coverage and better staying power.

on 11/15/2016 10:03:00 AM

This is the best BB cream I have ever tried! I look so fresh and healthy when using this, it looks good from morning to evening. I combine this product with a powder from Laura Mercier and that's my HG for perfect skin. I am not talking about Kim Kardashian-level of perfect skin, its more "Scandinavian-healthy-glow-every-day" level, which I am looking for.

It has a foamy consistency, and a little goes a long way. I warm it up between my paws and just dab it easily on, working it into my dewy skin. I always put it on straight after cleansing and toning, so my skin is prepared and works the BB better. I think this is an important note in why it works so well for me.

My skin is combination and on the dry side, and this BB cream works wonderful with my skin. I have only used this baby during summer months, so I do not know how well it works with colder temperatures and Scandinavian winter, will update on this in a few months.

EDIT (Winter, 2017):

My skin so far this winter have been either extremely oily or completely dehydrated, so my skin havent been a very good "canvas" for any BB or CC cream at all. Ive also experienced very intense rosacea, so all in all I have not shown off any healthy aesthetic (also my hair have been shitty so...) like I aspire to do every day. Then, a magical sale happened and I bought two new moisturizers from La Roche-Posay on 50% off (the toleraine series) and my skin is so much better now, so I thought maybe I should start using this BB again - and I am glad I did! I love that I can use this product both in the winter and the summer time, and I love how this turns my skin into an even and healthy face. It doesent irritate my rosacea, it keeps in place all day long, it covers a lot and it just looks beautiful on me. Love it!