Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask

Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got few of these and after looking at the ingredients list and the fragrance on my sensitive skin I was thinking in my mind how bad they were going to be before I'd even used them! Well I ended up loving them. I gives the look like I've had plastic surgery to my under eyes and my dark hollows are look 20 years younger and flatter than I've ever seen them before. It gives a smooth almost plasticy, brighter fresher look. I found it very cooling and soothing to wear. I think makes a great base to smooth out the under your eyes before doing a makeup and going out at night on a very special day. I've only used them a few times so I don't know if they make any difference in a long term anti-aging way. Not sure if I believe anything could? But I love the short term effects for a special occasion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Heavily fragranced, contains alcohol and pretty high on the ingredients list - not every alcohol is bad, but the type of the alcohol is not named.

One star is mostly because of its ridiculous price. There are retinol products out there, like retinol moisturizers, without fragrance, lasts for a longer time and cheaper than these masks considering how long they last. I'm generally not a fan of paper masks as they work exactly the same as moisturizers/serums, the only difference is instead of applying the cream/serum with your fingers, you apply it with paper, so while they can be fun, they are not necessary or better than a moisturizer/serum.

Even on the box of this mask it's advised to use 2-4 days a week. There are only 12 masks in the box for $63 in the USA, more expensive in some other countries. It's about $90 in my country! If you were to use the masks three times a week, the box would last only a month. There are definitely cheaper alternatives that are better.

My experience with the product is, I will turn 31 soon, I saw absolutely no difference on my fine lines or anything else after using this mask twice a week for two weeks. Just some hydration and that's all. It also gave me a single milia.

P.S. While I can believe some people might see some good results even after the first use, some positive reviews on MUA about this product gave me the "I guess either they see what they want to see, or they had dehydrated skin" suspicion. Retinol is the only scientifically proven ingredient that might help to reduce the look of your wrinkles. HOWEVER, google it and you'll see yourself, it is said the difference (if you will see any) generally starts to show itself after 3-6 months. Even if we assumed it might work faster on some people, it just cannot work as fast as "I used it once or twice, and noticed a difference." Which makes me suspect some good reviewers here either saw what they wanted to see, or they had dehydrated skin and any good moisturizer would temporarily reduce the apperance of wrinkles - dry skin can make your lines appear more afterall.

on 7/22/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought the 3-pair package to try these out and they sat in my medicine cabinet for months. After noticing a deep wrinkle under my right eye, I knew it was time to get these out and give them a try. I applied the masks (which are crescent-shaped cotton sheets soaked in the ivory-colored retinol serum) underneath my eyes after cleansing and applying SK-II Treatment Essence. I let the masks sit for the recommended 15 minutes. The only eye mask Ive ever used before this for from obscure/cult brand DHC. DHCs eye masks had a sticky gel side that actually stuck to the undereyes, making it difficult to blink or look down. Also, removing DHCs eye mask was similar to removing a band-aid and I couldnt help but wonder if it was doing more harm than good by pulling the skin so much. Shiseidos was nothing like that. The saturated masks stay put, but since they are just wet, not sticky, they move when I blink or move my eyes, so they were much more comfortable to wear, but be careful not to get the serum in your eyes. Theres still a decent amount of the retinol serum, left behind, so I tap and smooth it into the eye area like an eye cream. After the first use I didnt notice anything, but after the second use (7 days later) and third use (4 days after that) my undereyes seemed brighter, my dark circles seemed lighter and (best of all) the new wrinkle was smaller! I will keep buying these so long as I see results!

on 5/25/2015 10:10:00 AM

This is an amazing product, I got it as a free sample, tried it and love it!!!!!!!
I had instant moisturization,smoothed lines, brightness, fresh look, no puffiness under eyes and no red eyes or other irritations!
I love these and I already buy it from my local store.
Because of age,busy life,stress,health problems lately i have crepiness and lots of fine lines around eyes.
I've changed my normal routine by adding few new anti aging serums am/pm,an 50+ SS,some glycolic pads also nice face masks ,but i had nothing for under eyes crepiness until i found this.This retinol pads work from first use and the results lasts few days and then i use the same pads(i keep them always in the fridge and the cold air keep them still moist and wet) when those are completely dry then i use still water (very little) and so they work again few more times.
I am amazed and pleased ,these retinol pads really work!
Highly recommended!

on 4/15/2016 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am using the second package. I love it! There are 12 pair in one package and I am applying twice a week! My skin is very sensitive and no reaction, no irritation at all. Definetely works great on wrinkles and color difference. Skin around eyes getting smoother and brighter. I love it!