COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Lasting Natural Foundation

COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Lasting Natural Foundation

2.7

Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Pca Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Laureth-7, Methicone, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 2/11/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Though the color (820) is a perfect match for me, and the foundation applies flawlessly - I hate it. After being a color match and applying like a dream, it never truly dried down and it got heavy and masklike after a few minutes. It just looked horrible, as if it just sits on top oh your skin. It's weird, but looked so unnatural after being on skin for a few minutes (2-3).

on 11/7/2016 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the Covergirl 3in1 foundation so I assumed this was a dewy version of that foundation. I was really disappointed in this - VERY thick, cakey, and completely unnatural. Its thick but somehow still doesn't cover everything.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't know what I was thinking. I've already had the Outlast Stay Fabulous, only to discover that it's much to thick for my dry skin (I'm sure it's a dream come true for oily skin though).

Still, I figured I would try this just because of the word "luminous." That word will get me every time. :P

Just like the original, this flanker is too thick for me and feels suffocating and looks cakey on my face.

Oh, and most importantly, it does not appear to be luminous in the least. It comes across as matte, but that might have something to do with my skin type, who knows.

Before I begin k just want to remind people that testing the fdtn on urself in the store is selfish, gross, unsanitary, unhygienic, u didn't buy it so don't treat it like it belongs to you--you buy you try coz I've never seen much in the way of DS "testers" except the tweak freaks at Walmart. NOT COOL! Okay on to the product I love this! I order most of my MU online coz of said crackheads & I had to guess like every other red blooded human being so I guessed Creamy Natural (oh I guessed right! I'm NC20). This & Outlast 3-in-1 are tied for my fave fdtn's ATM the luminous really isn't that diff than the reg outlast. I have oily skin so I must blot but not more frequently than other fdtn. Use a damp B.Blender for an airbrushed finish!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I def agree w/ the previous reviewer re price(s). I'm tired of seeing CG being $11.00 + too...Mine cost $14.65 on SALE Canadian (gotta love our 13% taxes on cosmetics)... So my skin's annoying as it's extremely combo. Some areas are sooo dry to point where there's patchy, flakey areas to areas that are as oily as all heck! I was searching for something that would help w/ that. And it's ok. It provides a nice coverage that is medium & gives even skin tone. I just wish that they'd make a "Soft Honey" as my med / mid brown toned Indian skin is a bit too dark in the spring / summer-time for "Classic Tan" in this type, & much too light for the last & one up from it (Sable I think it's called). Which means, as I'm sure some can relate, that if I apply a little more then it can look cakey / obvious. Interesting too, as usually CG is the one brand that always has my color match. I've been wearing CG powders for yrs & love them. Another thing is, this isn't as luminous as I thought it'd be. I wanted glowy & fresh. I prefer Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" foundation & Maybelline's "Hydrate & Smooth"for that, (they're both cheaper too). Anyhow, I'd wanted to try this for a while now based on youtube reviews b/c it looked so good on others. I'll use it up fine will not re-purchase.

on 2/21/2016 4:14:00 PM

I like this foundation! Its very very moisturizing, probably because of the 'luminous' properties. I would not use this if I had oily skin, but it works very well for my dry winter skin right now!

I must add that you really HAVE to apply this with a DAMP SPONGE ( I use the real techniques sponge) and it will apply this foundation perfectly. This way you can build up to just about full coverage. I really cant stress using a damp sponge enough, Ive noticed with covergirls foundations, they are quite thick and I get the best results by using a damp blender sponge to apply their foundations with.

This is similar to the 3 in 1 foundation they have except this is a bit more hydrating.

Also, I am about an nc10 (loreal true match in W1 ) and the lightest shade in classic ivory is good match. I dont find this foundation too be pink at all, its very neutral, neither too cool or too warm (even though I do prefer -warmer yellow tones in my foundation). Compared to the covergirl outlast 3 in 1 foundation this luminous foundation is less pink and matches me just a bit better than the 3 in 1!

I set my foundation with a drugstore setting powder and it works fine! (pf mineral wear talc free powder OR neutrogena shine control powder to be particular).

Pros
-hydrating
-even coverage
-medium to full coverage (with damp sponge application)
-no fragrance

cons
- CG needs to include MORE shades with more warm/yellow undertones for all their foundations IMO

on 2/14/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite Covergirl foundation. I have oily skin & I find it last on me for about 7-8 hours then I start to get shiny which Im very surprised since it is a luminous foundation & typically luminous foundations don't work for oily skin. When I first seen the ad last year i was very hesitant to buy it but I purchased it a couple weeks ago since I had a coupon & extra care bucks. It costs around 12-13 dollars but I always wait for a sale. The one thing that I noticed is that it does have glitter particles inside but its very suttle effect & it just gives you a nice glow. I actually love that about this foundation. The coverage is very light, skin like to be honest. Its buildable as well.
I absolutely love the finish it gives me. A nice radiant glow, it looks like skin & i can't even tell Im wearing makeup. This is my go to foundation if I want a natural easy breezy look. I wore this to a job interview & I gotten so many compliments saying your skin looks so healthy & beautiful. The texture is smooth & it blends well. If you need full coverage this is not the foundation for you. It didn't last all day but Im sure if you use a primer that extends the wear of your makeup, it should last longer. I would definitely repurchase this again.

Should have read the reviews first. Despite a creamy consistency, blends poorly,you have to work fast, reminds me of "old" Revlon Colorstay. Poor to medium coverage. Ends up streaky and chalky, not sure where the "luminous" is coming from. No thanks. In fact, just now, looking in the mirror in broad sunlight, it looks so streaky and bad I'm washing it off, can't go around looking this.

on 1/11/2016 9:06:00 PM

First time I have returned a foundation. I bought it because Ulta was out of my usual 3 in 1 stay fabulous foundation and I thought "just how different can it be? A little less matte would be ok"

Bad idea. Although the packaging is the same (love the pump) the foundation stinks, both literally and figuratively. It has this weird odor that lingers. It's hard to spread. It looks like a hot mess and doesn't last.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am an NW20 and I got this foundation in 820 Creamy Natural. The shade when first applied matches my skin tone but then it oxidizes 2-3 shades darker and I look like a pink umpalumpa. I mix this with my Revlon colorstay foundation which is a little too pale for me right now. Currently, I have combination oily skin so this helped the dryer areas of my face while the colorstay helped my oily skin I really liked the two combined. This foundation does have small flecks of sparkles which can only be seen under direct sunlight. It can look greasy for those who have oily I would mostly recommend for those who have combo or normal skin. For those who have dry skin this may be too drying since it isn't exactly luminous and for those who have oily skin this can make you look really greasy.