Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.4

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 5/26/2018 9:11:00 PM

It's a cute product, and I like the idea of a watery hydrating and soothing night cream. It gets a lot of rave reviews and is a cult favourite, so I gave it a try - and I have to say, Koreans are fantastic at picking models and actresses with the most amazing skin to represent their brand. I kind of fell for the hype too, and really wanted to like this - not least because it was near £20 for just one pot alone..

So first things first, have to admit I'm not a fan of jar packaging for skin creams and gels. Even when I try to wash my hands before handling, use the little spatulas provided etc - it's never going to be as hygienic as a squeezy bottle or pump type, where I don't have to bother the product inside the bottle to get it out. It's also impossible for certain ingredients to remain stable in jars with frequent exposure to air and light. With that said, this is still a very pretty appearing jar with frosted sky-blue packaging, and is fairly resilient thick plastic.

The mask itself is a light gel-cream and unfortunately is heavily fragranced. Apparently it induces sleep but I never noticed any effect. It's an OK moisturiser, but nothing special and nothing that justifies its price tag. I certainly never noticed anything special about my skin in the morning. Won't buy again.

on 1/15/2018 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't have dry skin, I have very oily skin that can get easily dehydrated in the cold Canadian winter wind and post-exfoliation. It goes on light and gel-like. It doesn't really feel as moisturising or refreshing as I had expected, I don't know if it's really working that well. My skin didn't feel 'refreshed' or anything. If I used it every night I get break outs, but to be fair the instructions say to only use once per week. Overall, I am underwhelmed. I've had better results with much cheaper products.

I wouldn't buy it again.

on 12/21/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was testing both this and the Cosrx honey sleeping mask on different sides of my face.This product was more moisturizing than Cosrx's when I put on non-acne areas like my cheeks. But after just one use on my chin, that area broke out in closed comedones.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mask did not work for my dry, dehydrated skin in a cold climate AT ALL.

I received it as a gift from my lovely Korean friend so I'll use up the jar but frankly I don't think it does anything for my skin. My dear friend has an oily skin and I hope that for that type of skin this product would work better, or perhaps in works when in a hot, humid climate.

In the middle of British winter however, it sinks right in (I've even added several layers -like 5! once but it only made my skin sticky), leaving no trace of hydration whatsoever, even with an oil added on top and in the morning I wake up with a parched, tired looking skin. So not the result I was after.

It comes in a very chic blue box with a spatula for a hygienic application and I keep it in a cool environment. The smell is pleasant and not too intense but that is about everything good I can say about this product.

P.S. Sheet masks that my friend gave me at the same time, work a treat.

on 10/12/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has a texture similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, but this is much less sticky. You can pack this on and it will not seem tacky or filmy. It is not greasy in the least. It has a rather strong scent of rosewater.

I have used this once a week to give my skin a break from acids and vitamin C. It does soothe and plump up the skin nicely. In the morning my skin is moist and cushiony.

on 9/23/2016 12:52:00 PM

This is an unsung hero in my skin care routine. Whenever I feel dehydrated, I put this on at night before a facial oil. My skin looks plump and clear in the morning. Love this stuff. It is fragranced, but my sensitive skin does not react to it. I would like it better in a pump container rather than a jar, but I will continue to buy it. I already have a back-up jar.

on 8/7/2016 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ohhh My HOLY GRAIL. Its sold 1 in every 30 seconds in Korea, Hongkong & Singapore. Its almost double the price if I buy in my country (souq.com). I bought this one through Amazon while staying almost a month in the UK. This is just AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! Since am on tour, I need to care little extra care of my skin that I cant really do. This one is doing just double. Apply thw needful at night beforw sleep, wait for 5 minutes... It gets totally absorbed in 5 minutes & just sleep... Next morning -- just wash your face n see the result...

One morw secret thing -- it probably has a sleeping effect. You start feeling sleepy probably with the soft light smell of this... The best for me & many like me! I SWEAR!!!

on 4/23/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It's pretty good. Use it when I don't need a lot of moisture, but it's not enough for the winter. Read more here... http://luwesa.blogspot.ca/2016/04/sunday-but-not-real-day-off-vfm-day-0.html

on 3/15/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I started using this due to a recommendation from a friend of mine who will be 50 this year but doesn't look a day of 40. She swears by this stuff and when I vented to her about my skin being parched, she could not stop raving about it. She said that it's worth the price point.

I was able to find it at Target for $24 - which, considering the size, is actually a decent price. The jar is HUGE and it comes with a small spatula so you don't have to stick your fingers in the jar and contaminate the product. The product looks heavy, but it actually goes on light and even. A little goes a very long way - I use about a pea sized amount for my entire face and neck - and apply via lightly tapping my skin with my fingertips. No tugging or pulling over here! If you use too much, your skin will not absorb all of it and your face will feel tacky.

The scent is light and fresh, not at all overpowering. I apply at night, after cleansing, before heading to bed. When I wake up, I notice my skin is hydrated, soft, and a bit plumper from using this. When I first got it, I used it every single night for one week and saw positive results. I've reduced use to 3 times a week. This is a great product, especially if your skin needs hydration. I will definitely repurchase!

I did a haul from Rose Rose Shop (at the end of October and got it mid to end November).They didn't give me the samples I paid for and I got this (more expensive) instead of a different sleeping pack (cheaper) I had paid for. I won't be ordering from them ever again. I'll pay more for eBay or Amazon to make sure I get what I paid for.

So I gave this a try. I used it at the end of my skin care routine until I used up the entire jar. My poor dehydrated skin did not see a difference. I have way better luck with Corsx Ultimate nourishing rice overnight mask instead and will continue with that.