LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

3.9

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 11/21/2018 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The texture of the product is light, quick absorb and doesn’t leave a sticky feeling. However, due to such a high claim and too much advertise, it doesn’t reach the expectation, just a mediocre result in the morning. It has perform and I’m not a fan of, but doesn’t break me out and I have oily- acne skin. I'm also not a fan of a jar type but the product will last a long time.

on 10/11/2018 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Loveeee this.

I purchased the product at Sephora. A little expensive but reasonable for a luxury product. The fragrance is rich - just what you think a million dollars would smell like. I applied a smooth, even layer to my skin after cleansing and toning. My skin drank up the formula - it felt instantly moisturized. I was worried about the product transferring to my pillow cases or hair (I'm a roller), but I had no problems whatsoever. The mask is tacky, so it stays firmly on the skin without an overly sticky-feeling. Over night, my skin absorbed a lot of the formula. In the morning, my skin had a little residue that I removed easily with warm water. My face felt fresh and hydrated!

This product made a difference for me. I'm usually oily but during the colder seasons, my skin loses moisture and I experience that dry, uncomfortable feeling. Moisturizers and creams help but this product is a bonus. I would repurchase because it's a little luxury every girl with dry or combination skin should have and it smells amazing!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this some years back when my doctor put me on a course of Accutane (short-lived but intense!) and this was one of the products I used to help bring some much-needed moisture back into my dry face. It looks almost like a gel but with a thicker consistency and drenches your skin with moisture. On its own it didn't hydrate quite as much as needed and I ended up going through a few tubs in succession as I was overusing it, but when combined with other Laneige products, the combination helped my skin immensely and I no longer needed to layer it on so thickly.
I doubt I will be on Accutane again anytime soon, but if somehow it was prescribed to me, I would know for sure which brand and products to turn to.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Singapore while I was travelling. I went on a 3-week tour of SE Asia, and knew I would be flying a lot. I'm from North America and not used to the kind of weather I was having, and of course, flying wreaks havoc on your skin. I tried it out, and put it on almost every night as a night masque after sweating all day and being out in the sun. Mind you, I also used SPF 110 while I was there, and keep a regular regimen of Cetaphil cleanser, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer, and facial massages/facials.

Everyone who saw pictures of my trip commented on how glowing my skin was, and that I looked fresh and dewy. So definitely would re-purchase. It's expensive but not SK-II expensive, and imo, well worth the price. I bought mine at Sephora for about $35 SGD. The smell is light and relaxing. I have the new formula -- the jar is purple, and I believe the smell is lavender. The packaging is fine, not great. I understand people's concern about having a jar, but also I like seeing how much I have left.

Definitely a re-purchase for me.

on 7/14/2018 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't get what sleeping mask is all about. I have tried the whole jar of it and just don't get it. Note I understand it's not a moisturiser. I put on my normal moisturiser before applying this sleeping mask. It just feels as though I use my normal moisturiser by itself. No extra hydrating effect or whatsoever. I don't think the product is expensive but it's just no use. This was given to me as a gift and I will never spend my own money on it.

on 4/29/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It went well for the first couple of uses, my skin looked nice and smooth the next morning. And then, the small pimples started appearing. Laneige products seems to clog my pores a fair bit coz whenever I use them (emulsion, essence etc) I get small pimples. Not sure what to do with this now.

on 4/29/2018 12:29:00 AM

I tried it twice ( meaning 2 bottles ) but it never worked out for me. It’s one of the most well known Korean products. It hardly moisturises , does not feel comforting to my skin , all it is a heavily scented gel ( I like the smell ) . Aloe vera gel is cheaper more effective ( sans fragrance ) .

on 4/23/2018 12:15:00 AM

Holy grail. I’m in love with this stuff. I use Differin every night, so sometimes my skin can be a little sensitive. Other moisturizers I have tried burned my skin upon application (e.g. Neutrogena Hydroboost, Simple Skin Quench Sleeping Cream, Cerave Skin Renewing Night Cream, just to name a few...) Laneige has never burned my skin. It goes on smoothly, sinks right into my skin with no sticky feel, and smells heavenly. I can apply layers of it to my face without it ever feeling heavy. My skin feels so good after application. It soothes my skin and has never broken me out. My only (previous) complaint was that sometimes I felt like it didn’t hydrate enough. It absorbed so quickly that i felt like i didn’t have any moisturizer on at all. That all changed for me today though... I was browsing the Laneige website and I purchased the new Lavender scented sleeping mask (which I am insanely excited for...) While reading the directions, I noticed that you are supposed to apply the sleeping mask OVER your normal night time moisturizer at night... I had just been using the product by itself. Lo and behold, problem solved. I used the sleeping mask over my moisturizer tonight. It still absorbed just as quickly with no sticky after feel, and my skin felt more moisturized than it did when using the mask alone. I will continue to buy this product. The price point ($25) isn’t a deal breaker. Although of course I would prefer to spend less, I have not found another moisturizer that soothes my sensitive skin like this does.

on 4/16/2018 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This water sleeping mask is amazing!! It doesn't plump or moisturize your face after 1 use so it will take several uses but it really is fantastic. I used it 2 times a week for awhile and I did notice my face is a lot softer and plumper. It helped a lot with makeup application. The mask dries quickly but it's not "drying". It feels like a moisturizer after so it's fine. Doesn't stain pillows or anything. Doesn't give a burning/itching feeling either. I would highly recommend this to everyone especially during winter months when most people get drier skin. Great product and highly recommended. It also helped me out a lot when I was peeling from vacation and using this twice actually helped the peeling to stop and moisturized the area so it didn't need to peel.

This definitely makes me want to try out their lip mask.

on 10/19/2017 7:26:00 AM

The Laneige Water Sleeping Moisture Mask is a basic facial moisturizer that one would apply before going to bed. This mask is about as basic a formula as it comes. This doesn't have a ton of beneficial ingredients, just the basics as well as some fragrance, blue dye, and denatured alcohol. The jar packaging is unfortunate but since there's not a ton of state of the art ingredients it isn't as much of a concern.