LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by hair type : Curly
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Glad I got a small trial size in the duo pack with the lip mask from Sephora.

First off, it's a lovely luxury feeling gel moisturizer.

BUT

After 2 nights I got a deep cyst red irritated pimple that never came to a head, and I'm still trying to fade the mark a month later.

AND

the perfume is so strong, it kept me awake, both nights.

Yes it moisturized, but I'm not acne prone, and I'm 62, and that cystic thing on my cheekbone was very unpleasant. As soon as I quit, the thing started to die down and now like I said, I'm waiting for the mark to fade.

AND then the jar packaging. Not hygienic, but I put up with it, a lot of products insist.

Bottom line, buyer beware. I wish I'd just asked Sephora for a free sample. I'd have gotten the acne for free then instead of paying for the privilege.

on 10/12/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has a texture similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, but this is much less sticky. You can pack this on and it will not seem tacky or filmy. It is not greasy in the least. It has a rather strong scent of rosewater.

I have used this once a week to give my skin a break from acids and vitamin C. It does soothe and plump up the skin nicely. In the morning my skin is moist and cushiony.

on 10/1/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is a light weight gel formulation that allows my skin to soak up every drop and wake up as fresh, smooth and as new as a baby's bottom. It goes on sheer, has a texture of a pudding, and plumps up my dehydrated skin magically overnight.
The first time I used it, I couldn't believe my eyes, the redness and inflammation calmed down and my skin was much smoother (and happier).

One thing I like to do is to incorporate a few drops of Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Serum (whew! could Missha make the name any longer??) or Mizon Snail Recovery Gel/Cream with the Lineage Mask - somehow, that combination
does wonders for my skin. Consider it a mask on steroids... The combo seems to magically increase hydration and wrinkle-smoothing effects. It also doesn't irritate my skin, I experienced no bumps, pimples or redness which can happen with new products.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Water Sleeping Mask, it's so calming. It does have a slight smell, like a light melon/cucumber fragrance (which I like). So those with sensitivities might want to take note.

on 11/12/2015 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

What a strange product! I apply this at night (not every night, maybe 3x a week) over top of my serum, moisturizer etc. It goes on like a thick cool jelly, it's a weird feeling but nice. I sleep with it on and it has definitely lessened some of the dry spots I had, my face looks more even toned and feels nicer. I'm not really sure if this product is solely responsible to be honest because I changed my skincare routine recently but I can say this product feels nice and doesn't break out me out which is wonderful. I have had a lot of difficulty finding moisturizing products than do not break me out. Would repurchase.

on 11/4/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh my gosh I've fallen in love! I've been going back and forth on buying this product, not sure it was worth the hype. I finally ordered it off Target.com because they offer free shipping for store pickup. (I'm not sure if there's a difference between their sleeping mask and their sleeping pack but I've noticed a lot more people like the sleeping mask) But oh my goodness its worth every penny! This sleeping mask is light blue in color and has a gel like texture. I apply it over my serum and spot cream at night as my last skincare step I really feel like it seals my other skincare products and keeps them working on my skin. When I wake up the next morning my skin is soo unbelievably soft and plump! All I do in the morning is rinse my face with cold water and the residue of the mask rinses off cleanly. When I use this mask a few nights in a row I notice a big difference in the texture of my skin. Now I use this product during flights to keep my skin hydrated. Overall it has become a staple in my skincare routine I have a few other sleeping mask but I don't ever think I will go without this product. I am a Laneige believer!

on 8/15/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got a tiny jar of this in a trial kit for the Laneige Water Bank System. I had no idea what it was and I had to do a search on "Sleeping Masks" so I knew what to do with it. After moisturizer, I apply it with a soft brush and just leave it on my skin. This doesn't always sink in overnight, but, because it's a mask, I guess it's not supposed to. I rarely need a lot of moisturizer, so I was afraid this would leave me greasy in the morning. Actually, it has the opposite effect. It doesn't dry out my skin, but my skin feels "tighter" in the mornings when I use this! It's comforting to get a good dose of hydration overnight, without worrying about break-outs.. This mask softens and plumps, but it feels like water, not grease. It has the texture of a very fine gel, and it sits on top of skin. Upon application it feels like I'm wetting my skin with cool water. In the morning it's rinsed off prior to washing my face. This feels soothing, cooling, and rather theraputic. I purchased a full size and I'm enjoying the luxury of a Sleep Mask 2-3x a week very much.