Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.3

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 5/26/2018 9:11:00 PM

It's a cute product, and I like the idea of a watery hydrating and soothing night cream. It gets a lot of rave reviews and is a cult favourite, so I gave it a try - and I have to say, Koreans are fantastic at picking models and actresses with the most amazing skin to represent their brand. I kind of fell for the hype too, and really wanted to like this - not least because it was near £20 for just one pot alone..

So first things first, have to admit I'm not a fan of jar packaging for skin creams and gels. Even when I try to wash my hands before handling, use the little spatulas provided etc - it's never going to be as hygienic as a squeezy bottle or pump type, where I don't have to bother the product inside the bottle to get it out. It's also impossible for certain ingredients to remain stable in jars with frequent exposure to air and light. With that said, this is still a very pretty appearing jar with frosted sky-blue packaging, and is fairly resilient thick plastic.

The mask itself is a light gel-cream and unfortunately is heavily fragranced. Apparently it induces sleep but I never noticed any effect. It's an OK moisturiser, but nothing special and nothing that justifies its price tag. I certainly never noticed anything special about my skin in the morning. Won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this product for Christmas, and I’m impressed. I have very oily skin that tends to dry out, and it’s difficult to find a moisturizer that doesn’t make me look greasy. This is a godsend. I wake up in the morning and my skin is plump and soft. It’s not heavily fragranced at all, but the scent is light and relaxing. The amount of product you get is overwhelming; I’ve been taking the lid off and using the product that gathers on the lid as it’s usually enough to cover my face. I’ve been using it on and off since Christmas, but I want to use it more as I have been recovering from a terrible depression slump and want to take care of myself at every chance I get. The jar is absolutely beautiful, and I plan on using it to store lipsticks or pencils when I run out of the product. I would definitely repurchase. I don’t think I can live without it!

on 1/15/2018 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't have dry skin, I have very oily skin that can get easily dehydrated in the cold Canadian winter wind and post-exfoliation. It goes on light and gel-like. It doesn't really feel as moisturising or refreshing as I had expected, I don't know if it's really working that well. My skin didn't feel 'refreshed' or anything. If I used it every night I get break outs, but to be fair the instructions say to only use once per week. Overall, I am underwhelmed. I've had better results with much cheaper products.

I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Don't get the hype. Broke out my combo skin and was not wowed by the results. I'll just stick to my masks that wash off

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure if this was really moisturizing because I was also using a moisturizing toner with it. But when I use this product, I wake up the next day looking very refreshed no matter how much sleep I have! This is not for everyday use because when I used it every night, my skin reacted badly probably because I have really sensitive skin. Now, I just use this every other day. You should definitely try it! I understand the hype now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy the Lip Sleeping Mask by Laneige so I wanted to get this as I have dry skin and figured it might me a good product to have in my skin care collection. I ended up purchasing the Hydration Trial Kit which came with a decent sized jar of this, a great way to introduce yourself to a product line without committing to any one product, especially those that are expensive. This one fell short of my expectations though. It has a nice cool gel cream texture but it is quite fragranced, and if anything I would think something with the word "water" in it's title would be lighter and fresher than what this smells like. I'd actually rather it smell like Davidoff's Cool Water than whatever is in this. Scent aside, texture is nice but... this is not really all that hydrating. I certainly do not wake up feeling like my skin is more plump or supple that when I use my regular moisturizer and other skin care products. I will use this up but won't repurchase.

on 2/6/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so disappointed with this product. It is my first try of Sleeping Masks and so far I'm underwhelmed. I found no difference in the morning whatsoever, but I will carry on using it in case it has long term effects and I've spent good money on it. I will not be repurchasing.

Update: I carried on using this and after one month of use I've finally seen results. I woke up and went wow my skin feels baby soft. Glad I carried on using it, but I did think the whole point was for immediate softness and plumpness. For this reason I will not repurchase but will use it up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mask did not work for my dry, dehydrated skin in a cold climate AT ALL.

I received it as a gift from my lovely Korean friend so I'll use up the jar but frankly I don't think it does anything for my skin. My dear friend has an oily skin and I hope that for that type of skin this product would work better, or perhaps in works when in a hot, humid climate.

In the middle of British winter however, it sinks right in (I've even added several layers -like 5! once but it only made my skin sticky), leaving no trace of hydration whatsoever, even with an oil added on top and in the morning I wake up with a parched, tired looking skin. So not the result I was after.

It comes in a very chic blue box with a spatula for a hygienic application and I keep it in a cool environment. The smell is pleasant and not too intense but that is about everything good I can say about this product.

P.S. Sheet masks that my friend gave me at the same time, work a treat.

Wowee!

I have been using this mask 3 times per week overnight after my regular skincare routine and my pores have shrunk, pimples last for less time, redness is diminished, my skin is more hydrated and smoother, and the circles under my eyes have diminished.

It has a light scent but it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't use this during the day as the scent would interfere with perfume but it works better the longer you use it so it's best on overnight anyway.

This stuff is magical.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Another new LOVE! I get a bit irked sometimes at all the new "must haves" skin care companies are inventing for us....first it was serums, then these sleeping masks and now, "essences". In all honesty, I really think it's not good for our skin to layer on too many products (in the day, you can easily end up with essence, serum, moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, foundation, powder and more...no wonder people are having to sandblast their faces with Clarisonic and similar machines!). Til now, my only experience with a "sleeping mask" has been the one from Clinique and it didn't wow me. I wish they'd change the name of these products to something besides "mask", as so many of us have a very different image of what a mask is and these sleeping masks are much more like gel moisturizer or moisture boosters (a name which I'd prefer).

Okaaaay....having said ALL that, I LOOOVE this product. I got a deluxe sample jar and I've used it twice so far. I put it over NUDE Pro Genius oil, as I don't have any "emulsions" yet. (are they the same as "essences"? different? to be used before, after or instead of? See what I mean about the layers and layers of "stuff"?) It does feel a bit tacky after you apply it but, honestly, I wake in the morning with my skin feeling so plumped up and cushion-y that I don't want to wash it off (instructions make it clear you SHOULD wash this off in the a.m.). It is such a pleasant product to use and gives such quick and noticeable results. I'm picking up the full size the next time I'm at Sephora. But, can anyone tell me - can this be used around the eye area (not lids, necessarily, but the under-eye area? I'd love to pat this under my eyes, over my eye cream or maybe even in place of it.