Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

4.1

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

One of my essential skincare product
I use this twice per week over all my skincare products for night

I guarantee you will wake up feeling great about your skin
And I always bring this whenever I travel around with plane if the flight is gonna longer than 5 hours, I will bring the travel size one or the sample size with sachet.

Price is reasonable

Packaging is fine, it comes with a little spatula if I’m not mistaken.

If you read my review of Egyptian Magic you will see how I came to buy this item. I didn't need it, didn't particularly even know what it was but the cirumstances had my resistance to marketing reduced to nothing.
The upside is I am so glad I did buy it. Especially now I have had a couple of months to rehabilitate my credit card.
This mask is wonderfully cooling, hydrating and plumping. It feels delightful on.
You apply it liberally at night over your usual serum etc and wake up in the morning with dewy, non-irritated, very fresh looking skin.
This is a must to pack when travelling by air. I bought an additional travel sized pot as soon as I came home from my last trip and now it lives in my travel gear ready for the next call on it's super powers.
I gave it 4 lippies for value but I was so doped on airsickness pills and free champagne compared with the slight hysteria induced by that mythical thing-a free upgrade-I really can't remember how much it was. Not a huge amount and not super cheap. That's the best my fuzzy memory gets. Sorry.
I also bought the Eye Sleeping Mask and the Lip Sleeping Mask at the same time (amongst other things-cough). They are both great and well worth having.

on 1/19/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've tried this for a month and it did work wonderfully but after the first few months, it just stopped working
like my skin getting drier and only look somewhat hydrated only when apply the sleeping mask on.
After wash it off in the morning, my skin will be dry and dry patches were visible...so, I think it's good
for short-term usage, like a few weeks, and then you need to stop because it might stop working on you too.
I could only use it like 2-3 times a week, not more than two months consecutively then stop for couple of month
before using it again, which is really odd...my first jar last for over a year and I think
I might need to look for something else instead.

on 12/21/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was testing both this and the Cosrx honey sleeping mask on different sides of my face.This product was more moisturizing than Cosrx's when I put on non-acne areas like my cheeks. But after just one use on my chin, that area broke out in closed comedones.

on 6/8/2016 5:47:00 AM

I won't say i hate it nor i love it, this sleeping mask did the same job as the olay aquaction softening sleeping mask to my skin and it is much cheaper than the laneige water sleeping mask. I will recommend this for those who needs more hydration and moisture to their skin and who wants to see their skin glowing in the morning. The glow will stay depends on what facial wash you use. Since i dont really need heavy hydration product because i drink alot of water per day, i will not repurchase this.

on 4/23/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It's pretty good. Use it when I don't need a lot of moisture, but it's not enough for the winter. Read more here... http://luwesa.blogspot.ca/2016/04/sunday-but-not-real-day-off-vfm-day-0.html

on 4/19/2016 9:23:00 AM

Update: I found Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask, which has a very mild, almost non-existant creamy milkly pleasant fragrance but with all the same (if not a bit better) benefits of this. On amazon for $12.
Original: I have aging, combo, dehydrated skin with noticeable pores. I use retinol & glycolic acid on alternating nights. I use this every morning as soon as I get up, leaving it on while I go through my morning routine, which takes about 2 hours, then wash it off in the shower. I really love that it makes my tight feeling skin instantly replenished and hydrated the second I put it on. It absorbs completely and doesn't make my skin tacky. What I hate about it (and why I only gave it 4 stars) is the fragrance. Why they put a strong floral fragrance in this is beyond me. I don't mind the jar since it has the little dipper thing, but a pump or tube would be a lot better. Yes I will buy it again, until I find something better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

i was using the sample before buy it and i'm in loveeee with it!! the smell makes me calm and sleepy.. when the mask touch my skin, it's so cool and refreshing.. but few minutes after that, my skin feels lil bit burn and smarting.. but i keep continue and still go to sleep.. the morning after that, my skin feels so smooth and moist (i have a combination to oily skin and this product doesn't make my face oily in the morning).

But, my boyfriend doesn't have a same result as i had. He maybe a man, but damn his skin is smooth like a baby and can't handle mens product. He have dry and very sensitive skin (his skin is easily become itchy in the nose area and scaly). As a good girlfriend i was recommend this product to him and ask him to use it before sleep. Few minutes after that he said it burns his face and go straight to bathroom to clean his face. Clearly this product isn't fit for him and you who had skin like him..

my suggestion:
BUY THE SAMPLE FIRST, you don't want to spend a lot money for product that doesn't fit for you. Not all people have a same reaction even if u already read a lot of review with your skin types.

OVERALL (For Me)
Pros:
- Moisten my skin (even an oily skin needs to be moisten)
- The fragrance is calming
- The instant result that you can see on the next morning
- The cool and fresh feeling when it touch my skin

Cons:
- Too expensive (IDR 360.000) for 70ml
- The burns effect after few minutes i used the mask
- Not travel friendly (the jar using glass and bulky)

on 12/17/2015 11:15:00 AM

First off, I'm the type of person who's extremely picky about masks. I don't like sheet masks either. There's only 2 masks I will use religiously right now. 1) Aztec healing clay and 2) THIS laneige water sleeping pack.

I LOVE this mask!!!

It leaves my face super supple, soft, and very hydrated!!! I love how quickly it dries and you can't even tell you are wearing a mask!!

I also use this mask on my hands (which is probably my favorite way to use this since I notice more of a dramatic difference vs using it as a face mask).

I have very dry, eczema prone hands especially on my thumbs. I have tried a number of different products..from medicated to non-medicated. Nothing worked. Since this was a mask... and it was an overnight mask which dried quickly. I decided to try it on my hands. I apply a generous amount... let it dry and then apply cloth gloves and go to bed. In the morning, when i wake up i wash my hands and my hands are totally renewed!!!! They are no longer dry and irritated! They are brighter, more nourished and definitely hydrated. I usually apply this mask on my hands alone...or if i want a really intense hydration treatment, over hand creams/lotions.

I really really can't live without this stuff. I love it so much, I have already purchased 2 full size tubs and can't wait for my Sephora order to arrive!

on 11/28/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super dry skin and started off using the mask in the usual way, at night, a few times a week. It worked fine while in a humid climate where I slept in airconditioning. It became rather addictive as I loved how soft and supple my skin felt each morning, and the dry patches and fine lines were slowly but surely disappearing.

About a month after, I went to a cool dry climate for a few weeks and boy did my skin hate it. The dryness was extraordinary and I decided enough was enough. I started using this mask underneath my makeup during the day time and let's just say I haven't touched any of my primers since. If you have parched skin like mine, and live in a cold and dry climate, you might want to try this trick. I did get a couple of cystic pimples around my hairline, but those are now gone and all I have is smooth, plump, supple skin.

Oh and a little goes a very long way! If you're applying it and your face is still sticky/tacky after 10mins, you've put on too much.