LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

3.5

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have literally read thru all the reviews to see how others are using this Sleeping Mask because there seems to be some confusion to its actual properties. When used alone, this mask will not benefit your skin at all. It is designed to optimize what moisture your skin currently has the next morning. It is listed in the instructional pamphlet in the first paragraph as an "intensive moisturizing sleeping mask" and I think therein lies the confusion. If you stop reading there, you won't reap the benefits of the product.
The pamphlet discusses how "Skin loses a lot of moisture overnight if no skincare product is applied to it at night. The Sleeping Mask is a moisturizing sleeping mask that charges skin with the moisture needed overnight." What the pamphlet fails to continue to explain is that a lot of what we put on our faces at night is rubbed off on our pillowcases unless we sleep on our backs and don't move at all. (I don't know anyone that doesn't move in their sleep.) So no matter how much of the good stuff we put on, and yes, there is a theory that after the first 15-20 minutes the absorbtion rate is greatly reduced and your skin doesn't respond to anymore of the product anyway, much of the product goes onto our lovely satin pillowcases.
This product holds our normal serum/essence/refiner/emulsion/etc. in so they don't rub off. It acts like a seal on top of the other normal products that you would be putting on in the evening. For that, and that alone, I give it a 5-Star rating. I have never had a product that worked like that to keep a product on my face and off my pillows.
As to the additional claims that are from the enclosed Laniege pamphlet:
1. "The Sleeping Mask is a moisturizing sleeping mask that charges skin with the moisture needed overnight." The pamphlet tells me to apply the mask after skin refiner and emulsion are applied. Usually emulsion is towards the end of the routine so I already have a number of moisturizing products on my skin. Adding this sleeping mask for additional moisture seems redundant but perhaps something is lost in the translation, I'm not sure. If you have seriously dry skin, it works. If your skin is oily, I'd say cut back on some moisturizer, but not all of your products. Play around to see which work best, but always use your normal routine skincare as usual before this mask.
2. "The anti-oxidant function of apricot extract provides a brightening effect and makes skin look clear and bright by removing free radicals that give stress to skin." Haven't noticed any brightening effect that my Vitamin C doesn't take care of better.
3. "The various effective sleeping care ingredients absorbed into skin overnight help skin absorb makeup the following morning." That's a huge claim that I really won't comment about. I don't use a lot of make-up anyway and I wouldn't want my skin to absorb makeup because I'm using such a heavy load. I get what they're saying but I prefer a natural look with a lighter hand to show fresher skin. Isn't that the point of skin care products?
4. "Helps skin have a good rest, provides moisturizing feel without leaving any sticky residue." It isn't sticky, I'll agree with that. My skin looks decent in the morning, I'm happy with the results, I always get compliments on my skin, so whatever I'm doing (a crazy mix of products and techniques) seems to work. Once it dries, and it does dry quickly, I don't even know it's on my face. Big plus there. No gooey stuff, no greasy mess.
The smell is almost non-existent to me. I keep my jar in the fridge and always use a scoop to get the product out. The huge jar is lasting me a half a year so far and it's half-empty at this point so it's a good deal. As a stand-alone moisturizer it fails because that's not what it is. As a mask on top of other products, it works. As a protectant to keep my pillowcase clean and keep my other skincare products on my face, it excels. For that reason, I would re-purchase. I'd advise getting a sample or purchasing a trial-size first and using it the proper way to see if it works for you. Laneige suggests once or twice a week, but I've used it more often than that. They also suggest not using eye care products with this but I feel eye care is essential, just my humble opinion.

on 10/10/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I actually only just got a travel size of this and the lip mask. The first night I applied it I didn't think it was anything to write home about. I'd gotten a random painful pimple on my chin and (of course) picked at it and made it worse. But after two nights of using the mask the pimple just went away. No scarring either. I'm impressed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally I would really enjoy a good humectant, hydrating over-night mask, which looking at the ingredients list this seems to be, but it's so highly fragranced I couldn't in good conscience recommend it to anyone. I was so excited to try it based on hype in the beauty community but was let down as soon as I opened my sample. It's really overwhelming; something I'd expect from a brand like Chanel, or Guerlain. It could very well be great, and does have gold-standard hydrating ingredients, but it is beyond me as to why a skincare company would include fragrance in something that is supposed to sit on your face all night.

on 7/14/2018 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't get what sleeping mask is all about. I have tried the whole jar of it and just don't get it. Note I understand it's not a moisturiser. I put on my normal moisturiser before applying this sleeping mask. It just feels as though I use my normal moisturiser by itself. No extra hydrating effect or whatsoever. I don't think the product is expensive but it's just no use. This was given to me as a gift and I will never spend my own money on it.

on 4/28/2018 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was dreaming about this product for such a long time!!! The glowing reviews & k-beauty gurus sold me on that. Ahmmm..not sure what the hype is all about?!
While I love the gel texture & how fast it absorbed, I haven’t noticed any results what so ever in terms of hydrating, moisture, smoother texture- Nothing as promised.
In fact, it was the least effective product I’ve tried under the k-beauty umbrella. So YMMV. 🤷‍♀️

SUPERB ALTERNATIVE?
Etude House Collagen Sleeping Pack.
Much superior in term of results, not to mention it cost half of the price!
Same gel texture, fast absorbed,
no greasy residue. delivers- supple, glowy,
veil looking skin, a HG for me and I’ll stick to it. ☺️

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Brother got this for me from Korea as there was much hype about it. Quite underwhelmed by it as it broke out my combo oily skin and it just feels too tacky to sleep with. Will not repurchase again as the fragrance is also way too strong and the packaging is in a pot which I personally feel is quite unhygienic even if it came with a spatula

on 3/3/2018 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was underwhelmed by this product. I bought it to use on an international flight, but while it did provide some moisture it didn't really have much affect on me. There was no brightening or plumbing quality. It just moisturized and left kind of a masky feel on me. I tried to use it several times and just felt like it was so expensive for what it was. I feel there are cheaper alternstives that work just as well. I much prefer Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repsir Pack or Bliss Fabulous Drench and Quench Cream too this product. They performed the way I had wanted this product too.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

One of my essential skincare product
I use this twice per week over all my skincare products for night

I guarantee you will wake up feeling great about your skin
And I always bring this whenever I travel around with plane if the flight is gonna longer than 5 hours, I will bring the travel size one or the sample size with sachet.

Price is reasonable

Packaging is fine, it comes with a little spatula if I’m not mistaken.

If you read my review of Egyptian Magic you will see how I came to buy this item. I didn't need it, didn't particularly even know what it was but the cirumstances had my resistance to marketing reduced to nothing.
The upside is I am so glad I did buy it. Especially now I have had a couple of months to rehabilitate my credit card.
This mask is wonderfully cooling, hydrating and plumping. It feels delightful on.
You apply it liberally at night over your usual serum etc and wake up in the morning with dewy, non-irritated, very fresh looking skin.
This is a must to pack when travelling by air. I bought an additional travel sized pot as soon as I came home from my last trip and now it lives in my travel gear ready for the next call on it's super powers.
I gave it 4 lippies for value but I was so doped on airsickness pills and free champagne compared with the slight hysteria induced by that mythical thing-a free upgrade-I really can't remember how much it was. Not a huge amount and not super cheap. That's the best my fuzzy memory gets. Sorry.
I also bought the Eye Sleeping Mask and the Lip Sleeping Mask at the same time (amongst other things-cough). They are both great and well worth having.

on 1/19/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've tried this for a month and it did work wonderfully but after the first few months, it just stopped working
like my skin getting drier and only look somewhat hydrated only when apply the sleeping mask on.
After wash it off in the morning, my skin will be dry and dry patches were visible...so, I think it's good
for short-term usage, like a few weeks, and then you need to stop because it might stop working on you too.
I could only use it like 2-3 times a week, not more than two months consecutively then stop for couple of month
before using it again, which is really odd...my first jar last for over a year and I think
I might need to look for something else instead.