Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by hair type : Other
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.1

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this some years back when my doctor put me on a course of Accutane (short-lived but intense!) and this was one of the products I used to help bring some much-needed moisture back into my dry face. It looks almost like a gel but with a thicker consistency and drenches your skin with moisture. On its own it didn't hydrate quite as much as needed and I ended up going through a few tubs in succession as I was overusing it, but when combined with other Laneige products, the combination helped my skin immensely and I no longer needed to layer it on so thickly.
I doubt I will be on Accutane again anytime soon, but if somehow it was prescribed to me, I would know for sure which brand and products to turn to.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I really can't use this product. I don't know what's inside it that causes dry patches on my cheeks. Yes, I do have (very) sensitive skin but I never have eczema until I use this mask. I used it once and the day after that dry patches started to show off. I believe it was this mask that caused the dry patches since I didn't use any skin care product that time (yes, facial wash was the only thing I put on my face). It's weird given that this mask is supposed to hydrate skin but apparently it really dries up my cheek. But it smells really nice tho.

on 7/9/2018 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I tried the older formulation 7 years ago (I think it even has a different name?) and it worked okay on me.

This time I got a sample of this and used it after toner, serum, moisturizer and woke up with super soft and smooth skin. It was noticeably different.

But after the third time, I started getting bumps on my cheeks (which never breaks out unless it doesn't like a product) so I stopped and tried again after my skin calmed down because I really love how soft it made my skin feel. Nope, more bumps. Plus a nasty 3 in 1 cystic acne on the chin - though I'm not sure if this is to be blamed, cause you know, hormones.

Ah well, at least I didn't buy the full size!

on 9/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I received a sample of this in a magazine and decided to try it out. I've heard a lot about Korean moisture masks, and I've tried Laneige cushion compact in the past, so I had high hopes for this mask.

It feels nice and cushy going on and I left it on overnight per the instructions. It's lightly scented but not offensive and doesn't linger. In the morning my skin felt ok - not particularly hydrated or glowy or anything impressive. I'm not sure this did anything for me, but I'll use up the sample.

I used to love it back when it was "sleeping pack". I always wake up to a very noticeable bright and plump skin. The new formula has less "wow" and more "everyday moisturizer " feel to it. Still my favorite night time moisturizer but actually prefer the old formula better.

on 10/31/2016 2:40:00 AM

Not a very great product..felt no effect after using it. If i use other sleeping mask, when i wake up the next day, my skin will feel baby smooth however this doesn't do that.
This doesnt give me the feeling like my skin is moisturised but my skin is definitely better than not using it.
Instead of a sleeping mask, i use as a day moisturiser instead when my go to moisturiser is running low.
I definitely won't be repurchasing it because even using aloe vera gel have 100% better effect than this.
Nonetheless, this product might be great for other people but not for me. Would recommend if you have extra money to spare.

on 9/17/2015 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this mask! It has a cooling and soothing feel to the gel. I use this at night over the hada labo gokujyun lotion and my skin looks plump and fresh in the morning. No break outs or oiliness from it. The only thing i dont like is the tub but i use a popsicle stick each time so its not a big deal. HG for me

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I read some great reviews on this Mask and decided to try it. Well I loved the texture, it's a cool get that will sink in very quickly with a very fresh and light scent.
Having a very dry skin, this mask only gave a refreshing feeling for my skin, think of it like putting ice on your skin after a tan, you will love the cool refreshing feeling, it does hydrate but not enough for a very dry skin. I would recommend this for someone with a normal to dry skin perhaps but not to a very dry skin.

If you are looking for a hydrating mask that will refresh your skin, try this one, but if you are look for deep hydration I suggest you try a sample first.