LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by skin type : Dry
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

3.9

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 10/10/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I actually only just got a travel size of this and the lip mask. The first night I applied it I didn't think it was anything to write home about. I'd gotten a random painful pimple on my chin and (of course) picked at it and made it worse. But after two nights of using the mask the pimple just went away. No scarring either. I'm impressed.

on 10/19/2017 7:26:00 AM

The Laneige Water Sleeping Moisture Mask is a basic facial moisturizer that one would apply before going to bed. This mask is about as basic a formula as it comes. This doesn't have a ton of beneficial ingredients, just the basics as well as some fragrance, blue dye, and denatured alcohol. The jar packaging is unfortunate but since there's not a ton of state of the art ingredients it isn't as much of a concern.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy the Lip Sleeping Mask by Laneige so I wanted to get this as I have dry skin and figured it might me a good product to have in my skin care collection. I ended up purchasing the Hydration Trial Kit which came with a decent sized jar of this, a great way to introduce yourself to a product line without committing to any one product, especially those that are expensive. This one fell short of my expectations though. It has a nice cool gel cream texture but it is quite fragranced, and if anything I would think something with the word "water" in it's title would be lighter and fresher than what this smells like. I'd actually rather it smell like Davidoff's Cool Water than whatever is in this. Scent aside, texture is nice but... this is not really all that hydrating. I certainly do not wake up feeling like my skin is more plump or supple that when I use my regular moisturizer and other skin care products. I will use this up but won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mask did not work for my dry, dehydrated skin in a cold climate AT ALL.

I received it as a gift from my lovely Korean friend so I'll use up the jar but frankly I don't think it does anything for my skin. My dear friend has an oily skin and I hope that for that type of skin this product would work better, or perhaps in works when in a hot, humid climate.

In the middle of British winter however, it sinks right in (I've even added several layers -like 5! once but it only made my skin sticky), leaving no trace of hydration whatsoever, even with an oil added on top and in the morning I wake up with a parched, tired looking skin. So not the result I was after.

It comes in a very chic blue box with a spatula for a hygienic application and I keep it in a cool environment. The smell is pleasant and not too intense but that is about everything good I can say about this product.

P.S. Sheet masks that my friend gave me at the same time, work a treat.

on 10/12/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has a texture similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, but this is much less sticky. You can pack this on and it will not seem tacky or filmy. It is not greasy in the least. It has a rather strong scent of rosewater.

I have used this once a week to give my skin a break from acids and vitamin C. It does soothe and plump up the skin nicely. In the morning my skin is moist and cushiony.

on 10/1/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is a light weight gel formulation that allows my skin to soak up every drop and wake up as fresh, smooth and as new as a baby's bottom. It goes on sheer, has a texture of a pudding, and plumps up my dehydrated skin magically overnight.
The first time I used it, I couldn't believe my eyes, the redness and inflammation calmed down and my skin was much smoother (and happier).

One thing I like to do is to incorporate a few drops of Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Serum (whew! could Missha make the name any longer??) or Mizon Snail Recovery Gel/Cream with the Lineage Mask - somehow, that combination
does wonders for my skin. Consider it a mask on steroids... The combo seems to magically increase hydration and wrinkle-smoothing effects. It also doesn't irritate my skin, I experienced no bumps, pimples or redness which can happen with new products.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Water Sleeping Mask, it's so calming. It does have a slight smell, like a light melon/cucumber fragrance (which I like). So those with sensitivities might want to take note.

on 8/25/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

as with almost all the Asian skincare I've used, this is great. I've been using sample packs, so there has been no problem with the consistency or freshness of the product. It is a watery gel that you slather with abandon to cleansed skin. Since my skin is dry, it feels like it is drinking this in- and sure enough- in the morning my skin is dew-y and I dont need any moisturizer or foundation. imho, worth the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Another new LOVE! I get a bit irked sometimes at all the new "must haves" skin care companies are inventing for us....first it was serums, then these sleeping masks and now, "essences". In all honesty, I really think it's not good for our skin to layer on too many products (in the day, you can easily end up with essence, serum, moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, foundation, powder and more...no wonder people are having to sandblast their faces with Clarisonic and similar machines!). Til now, my only experience with a "sleeping mask" has been the one from Clinique and it didn't wow me. I wish they'd change the name of these products to something besides "mask", as so many of us have a very different image of what a mask is and these sleeping masks are much more like gel moisturizer or moisture boosters (a name which I'd prefer).

Okaaaay....having said ALL that, I LOOOVE this product. I got a deluxe sample jar and I've used it twice so far. I put it over NUDE Pro Genius oil, as I don't have any "emulsions" yet. (are they the same as "essences"? different? to be used before, after or instead of? See what I mean about the layers and layers of "stuff"?) It does feel a bit tacky after you apply it but, honestly, I wake in the morning with my skin feeling so plumped up and cushion-y that I don't want to wash it off (instructions make it clear you SHOULD wash this off in the a.m.). It is such a pleasant product to use and gives such quick and noticeable results. I'm picking up the full size the next time I'm at Sephora. But, can anyone tell me - can this be used around the eye area (not lids, necessarily, but the under-eye area? I'd love to pat this under my eyes, over my eye cream or maybe even in place of it.

on 3/15/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I started using this due to a recommendation from a friend of mine who will be 50 this year but doesn't look a day of 40. She swears by this stuff and when I vented to her about my skin being parched, she could not stop raving about it. She said that it's worth the price point.

I was able to find it at Target for $24 - which, considering the size, is actually a decent price. The jar is HUGE and it comes with a small spatula so you don't have to stick your fingers in the jar and contaminate the product. The product looks heavy, but it actually goes on light and even. A little goes a very long way - I use about a pea sized amount for my entire face and neck - and apply via lightly tapping my skin with my fingertips. No tugging or pulling over here! If you use too much, your skin will not absorb all of it and your face will feel tacky.

The scent is light and fresh, not at all overpowering. I apply at night, after cleansing, before heading to bed. When I wake up, I notice my skin is hydrated, soft, and a bit plumper from using this. When I first got it, I used it every single night for one week and saw positive results. I've reduced use to 3 times a week. This is a great product, especially if your skin needs hydration. I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/11/2016 3:02:00 AM

I am using my second (or maybe third) bottle now. I usually use it as the last step of my night time skincare routine right after my moisturiser and occasionally when I get lazy, I use it on its own. This product works wonders for me, it helps to keep my skin moisturised throughout the night and I wake up with smooth supple skin. I would recommend this for anyone with dry skin.

However the packaging needs improving, it should be packaged in bottle with pump for hygiene purpose. I use my finger to get the product which I dislike as it may contaminate the rest of the bottle and yes, it does come with a spatula but it is just too much hassle having to wash it after every use.