Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.9

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Singapore while I was travelling. I went on a 3-week tour of SE Asia, and knew I would be flying a lot. I'm from North America and not used to the kind of weather I was having, and of course, flying wreaks havoc on your skin. I tried it out, and put it on almost every night as a night masque after sweating all day and being out in the sun. Mind you, I also used SPF 110 while I was there, and keep a regular regimen of Cetaphil cleanser, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer, and facial massages/facials.

Everyone who saw pictures of my trip commented on how glowing my skin was, and that I looked fresh and dewy. So definitely would re-purchase. It's expensive but not SK-II expensive, and imo, well worth the price. I bought mine at Sephora for about $35 SGD. The smell is light and relaxing. I have the new formula -- the jar is purple, and I believe the smell is lavender. The packaging is fine, not great. I understand people's concern about having a jar, but also I like seeing how much I have left.

Definitely a re-purchase for me.

on 6/28/2018 11:06:00 PM

I was a little confused when reading other reviews that sounded like this product was a moisturizer. I use it as stated, as a mask. I followed the instructions, cleansing, applying my normal serums or moisturizers, let those sit about 20-30 min, then apply a thin layer of the mask. Then I'd tap on the eye mask. They dry down rather quickly to a smooth finish. The mask effectively seals in the mousture your skin would normally lose to dry air, evaporation & bedding. That seal, for me also seemed to allow my other products, including acne spot treatments, to work without being rubbed off. I woke up, washed with Cetaphil and found my skin soft & hydrated. I hate daytime moisturizer & these results made me think I could skip it. Oh, I use it way too often...maybe 5 days a week so I may drop that to 3 times. No fresh breakouts for my 51 yr old combo skin and I did not note any major unpleasant fragrance issue.
Worked for me. Same fail grade on the packaging as everyone--No Pots Everrrr!
Just noting--not a moisturizer, a mask🙂

on 5/26/2018 9:11:00 PM

It's a cute product, and I like the idea of a watery hydrating and soothing night cream. It gets a lot of rave reviews and is a cult favourite, so I gave it a try - and I have to say, Koreans are fantastic at picking models and actresses with the most amazing skin to represent their brand. I kind of fell for the hype too, and really wanted to like this - not least because it was near £20 for just one pot alone..

So first things first, have to admit I'm not a fan of jar packaging for skin creams and gels. Even when I try to wash my hands before handling, use the little spatulas provided etc - it's never going to be as hygienic as a squeezy bottle or pump type, where I don't have to bother the product inside the bottle to get it out. It's also impossible for certain ingredients to remain stable in jars with frequent exposure to air and light. With that said, this is still a very pretty appearing jar with frosted sky-blue packaging, and is fairly resilient thick plastic.

The mask itself is a light gel-cream and unfortunately is heavily fragranced. Apparently it induces sleep but I never noticed any effect. It's an OK moisturiser, but nothing special and nothing that justifies its price tag. I certainly never noticed anything special about my skin in the morning. Won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this product for Christmas, and I’m impressed. I have very oily skin that tends to dry out, and it’s difficult to find a moisturizer that doesn’t make me look greasy. This is a godsend. I wake up in the morning and my skin is plump and soft. It’s not heavily fragranced at all, but the scent is light and relaxing. The amount of product you get is overwhelming; I’ve been taking the lid off and using the product that gathers on the lid as it’s usually enough to cover my face. I’ve been using it on and off since Christmas, but I want to use it more as I have been recovering from a terrible depression slump and want to take care of myself at every chance I get. The jar is absolutely beautiful, and I plan on using it to store lipsticks or pencils when I run out of the product. I would definitely repurchase. I don’t think I can live without it!

on 1/15/2018 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't have dry skin, I have very oily skin that can get easily dehydrated in the cold Canadian winter wind and post-exfoliation. It goes on light and gel-like. It doesn't really feel as moisturising or refreshing as I had expected, I don't know if it's really working that well. My skin didn't feel 'refreshed' or anything. If I used it every night I get break outs, but to be fair the instructions say to only use once per week. Overall, I am underwhelmed. I've had better results with much cheaper products.

I wouldn't buy it again.

If you read my review of Egyptian Magic you will see how I came to buy this item. I didn't need it, didn't particularly even know what it was but the cirumstances had my resistance to marketing reduced to nothing.
The upside is I am so glad I did buy it. Especially now I have had a couple of months to rehabilitate my credit card.
This mask is wonderfully cooling, hydrating and plumping. It feels delightful on.
You apply it liberally at night over your usual serum etc and wake up in the morning with dewy, non-irritated, very fresh looking skin.
This is a must to pack when travelling by air. I bought an additional travel sized pot as soon as I came home from my last trip and now it lives in my travel gear ready for the next call on it's super powers.
I gave it 4 lippies for value but I was so doped on airsickness pills and free champagne compared with the slight hysteria induced by that mythical thing-a free upgrade-I really can't remember how much it was. Not a huge amount and not super cheap. That's the best my fuzzy memory gets. Sorry.
I also bought the Eye Sleeping Mask and the Lip Sleeping Mask at the same time (amongst other things-cough). They are both great and well worth having.

Always a loyal fan of this. Purchased this back in 2012 back when it was called 'Sleeping Pack'. At that time i was just getting started with having a skincare routine. This has always been my favorite product. I love that it is super hydrating and lightweight on my skin and doesn't break me out on the face. Fast forward to 2017 with the new repackaging, i just purchased it together with the Lip Sleeping mask and i can tell you how much i really love it. The Sleeping mask gave me dewy skin in the morning. I use them at least 3 times a week and would probably cut it down to once a week soon. Overall i love it.

on 1/19/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've tried this for a month and it did work wonderfully but after the first few months, it just stopped working
like my skin getting drier and only look somewhat hydrated only when apply the sleeping mask on.
After wash it off in the morning, my skin will be dry and dry patches were visible...so, I think it's good
for short-term usage, like a few weeks, and then you need to stop because it might stop working on you too.
I could only use it like 2-3 times a week, not more than two months consecutively then stop for couple of month
before using it again, which is really odd...my first jar last for over a year and I think
I might need to look for something else instead.

on 12/21/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was testing both this and the Cosrx honey sleeping mask on different sides of my face.This product was more moisturizing than Cosrx's when I put on non-acne areas like my cheeks. But after just one use on my chin, that area broke out in closed comedones.

I'm very surprise to see a LOT of good comments for this gel , especially for mature skin . this gel is true ,very lightweight and absorb fast but like any other gel it's not very moisturizing at all. after just 30minute wearing this gel , I can feel like my skin is thirst for other moisturizing products. if this is only few bucks , I will definitely give thumbs up bec of the lightness, cool feeling , but this gel is expensive and not even moisturizing or doing anything to my skin. Laneige is one of expensive korean products that is just FULL of hype and marketing bombing , the product itself just like mediocre drugstore . (i try quite a few of their products in my 20iest) , i also try full set of IOPE hydryting set (pink bottle) really2 irritating skin bec of the full pack of fragrance and iope also one of "korean high end" and my skin is NOT the skin that can not tolerate fragrance in skincare.