Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.7

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally I would really enjoy a good humectant, hydrating over-night mask, which looking at the ingredients list this seems to be, but it's so highly fragranced I couldn't in good conscience recommend it to anyone. I was so excited to try it based on hype in the beauty community but was let down as soon as I opened my sample. It's really overwhelming; something I'd expect from a brand like Chanel, or Guerlain. It could very well be great, and does have gold-standard hydrating ingredients, but it is beyond me as to why a skincare company would include fragrance in something that is supposed to sit on your face all night.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Singapore while I was travelling. I went on a 3-week tour of SE Asia, and knew I would be flying a lot. I'm from North America and not used to the kind of weather I was having, and of course, flying wreaks havoc on your skin. I tried it out, and put it on almost every night as a night masque after sweating all day and being out in the sun. Mind you, I also used SPF 110 while I was there, and keep a regular regimen of Cetaphil cleanser, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer, and facial massages/facials.

Everyone who saw pictures of my trip commented on how glowing my skin was, and that I looked fresh and dewy. So definitely would re-purchase. It's expensive but not SK-II expensive, and imo, well worth the price. I bought mine at Sephora for about $35 SGD. The smell is light and relaxing. I have the new formula -- the jar is purple, and I believe the smell is lavender. The packaging is fine, not great. I understand people's concern about having a jar, but also I like seeing how much I have left.

Definitely a re-purchase for me.

on 7/14/2018 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't get what sleeping mask is all about. I have tried the whole jar of it and just don't get it. Note I understand it's not a moisturiser. I put on my normal moisturiser before applying this sleeping mask. It just feels as though I use my normal moisturiser by itself. No extra hydrating effect or whatsoever. I don't think the product is expensive but it's just no use. This was given to me as a gift and I will never spend my own money on it.

on 7/9/2018 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I tried the older formulation 7 years ago (I think it even has a different name?) and it worked okay on me.

This time I got a sample of this and used it after toner, serum, moisturizer and woke up with super soft and smooth skin. It was noticeably different.

But after the third time, I started getting bumps on my cheeks (which never breaks out unless it doesn't like a product) so I stopped and tried again after my skin calmed down because I really love how soft it made my skin feel. Nope, more bumps. Plus a nasty 3 in 1 cystic acne on the chin - though I'm not sure if this is to be blamed, cause you know, hormones.

Ah well, at least I didn't buy the full size!

on 6/28/2018 11:06:00 PM

I was a little confused when reading other reviews that sounded like this product was a moisturizer. I use it as stated, as a mask. I followed the instructions, cleansing, applying my normal serums or moisturizers, let those sit about 20-30 min, then apply a thin layer of the mask. Then I'd tap on the eye mask. They dry down rather quickly to a smooth finish. The mask effectively seals in the mousture your skin would normally lose to dry air, evaporation & bedding. That seal, for me also seemed to allow my other products, including acne spot treatments, to work without being rubbed off. I woke up, washed with Cetaphil and found my skin soft & hydrated. I hate daytime moisturizer & these results made me think I could skip it. Oh, I use it way too often...maybe 5 days a week so I may drop that to 3 times. No fresh breakouts for my 51 yr old combo skin and I did not note any major unpleasant fragrance issue.
Worked for me. Same fail grade on the packaging as everyone--No Pots Everrrr!
Just noting--not a moisturizer, a mask🙂

on 5/26/2018 9:11:00 PM

It's a cute product, and I like the idea of a watery hydrating and soothing night cream. It gets a lot of rave reviews and is a cult favourite, so I gave it a try - and I have to say, Koreans are fantastic at picking models and actresses with the most amazing skin to represent their brand. I kind of fell for the hype too, and really wanted to like this - not least because it was near £20 for just one pot alone..

So first things first, have to admit I'm not a fan of jar packaging for skin creams and gels. Even when I try to wash my hands before handling, use the little spatulas provided etc - it's never going to be as hygienic as a squeezy bottle or pump type, where I don't have to bother the product inside the bottle to get it out. It's also impossible for certain ingredients to remain stable in jars with frequent exposure to air and light. With that said, this is still a very pretty appearing jar with frosted sky-blue packaging, and is fairly resilient thick plastic.

The mask itself is a light gel-cream and unfortunately is heavily fragranced. Apparently it induces sleep but I never noticed any effect. It's an OK moisturiser, but nothing special and nothing that justifies its price tag. I certainly never noticed anything special about my skin in the morning. Won't buy again.

on 4/29/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It went well for the first couple of uses, my skin looked nice and smooth the next morning. And then, the small pimples started appearing. Laneige products seems to clog my pores a fair bit coz whenever I use them (emulsion, essence etc) I get small pimples. Not sure what to do with this now.

on 4/29/2018 12:29:00 AM

I tried it twice ( meaning 2 bottles ) but it never worked out for me. It’s one of the most well known Korean products. It hardly moisturises , does not feel comforting to my skin , all it is a heavily scented gel ( I like the smell ) . Aloe vera gel is cheaper more effective ( sans fragrance ) .

on 4/28/2018 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was dreaming about this product for such a long time!!! The glowing reviews & k-beauty gurus sold me on that. Ahmmm..not sure what the hype is all about?!
While I love the gel texture & how fast it absorbed, I haven’t noticed any results what so ever in terms of hydrating, moisture, smoother texture- Nothing as promised.
In fact, it was the least effective product I’ve tried under the k-beauty umbrella. So YMMV. 🤷‍♀️

SUPERB ALTERNATIVE?
Etude House Collagen Sleeping Pack.
Much superior in term of results, not to mention it cost half of the price!
Same gel texture, fast absorbed,
no greasy residue. delivers- supple, glowy,
veil looking skin, a HG for me and I’ll stick to it. ☺️

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this product for Christmas, and I’m impressed. I have very oily skin that tends to dry out, and it’s difficult to find a moisturizer that doesn’t make me look greasy. This is a godsend. I wake up in the morning and my skin is plump and soft. It’s not heavily fragranced at all, but the scent is light and relaxing. The amount of product you get is overwhelming; I’ve been taking the lid off and using the product that gathers on the lid as it’s usually enough to cover my face. I’ve been using it on and off since Christmas, but I want to use it more as I have been recovering from a terrible depression slump and want to take care of myself at every chance I get. The jar is absolutely beautiful, and I plan on using it to store lipsticks or pencils when I run out of the product. I would definitely repurchase. I don’t think I can live without it!