LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

3.5

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Glad I got a small trial size in the duo pack with the lip mask from Sephora.

First off, it's a lovely luxury feeling gel moisturizer.

BUT

After 2 nights I got a deep cyst red irritated pimple that never came to a head, and I'm still trying to fade the mark a month later.

AND

the perfume is so strong, it kept me awake, both nights.

Yes it moisturized, but I'm not acne prone, and I'm 62, and that cystic thing on my cheekbone was very unpleasant. As soon as I quit, the thing started to die down and now like I said, I'm waiting for the mark to fade.

AND then the jar packaging. Not hygienic, but I put up with it, a lot of products insist.

Bottom line, buyer beware. I wish I'd just asked Sephora for a free sample. I'd have gotten the acne for free then instead of paying for the privilege.

on 11/12/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product to be the best of the sleep masks I have tried. I suggest that you let it dry so it is not so sticky. I was not impressed when I woke up, but when I rinsed it off, my skin looked better, was soft and smooth. That was a plus for me. I am going to use it consistently through the winter. I reminds me of Neutrogena H2O moisturizers that are hyaluronic acid based. Again, jar packaging, so that is a downer.

on 4/19/2016 9:23:00 AM

Update: I found Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask, which has a very mild, almost non-existant creamy milkly pleasant fragrance but with all the same (if not a bit better) benefits of this. On amazon for $12.
Original: I have aging, combo, dehydrated skin with noticeable pores. I use retinol & glycolic acid on alternating nights. I use this every morning as soon as I get up, leaving it on while I go through my morning routine, which takes about 2 hours, then wash it off in the shower. I really love that it makes my tight feeling skin instantly replenished and hydrated the second I put it on. It absorbs completely and doesn't make my skin tacky. What I hate about it (and why I only gave it 4 stars) is the fragrance. Why they put a strong floral fragrance in this is beyond me. I don't mind the jar since it has the little dipper thing, but a pump or tube would be a lot better. Yes I will buy it again, until I find something better.

on 5/21/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had a sample pouchette of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask from a magazine, got hooked on this mask after a few days, and so bought a jar at Target. Seems to balance out and retexture the skin, reduce inflammation, after 2-3 nights of use. Made my skin look good without makeup. Rinse off with water the next morning. I put a hand towel over my pillowcase since I didn't know if it was going to stain. One of the better masks I've tried, but this is the first sleeping mask I've tried. I think all skin types could use Water Sleeping Mask. Laneige is a Korean company, and its prices for skincare in a jar seem to be on par with Clinique.

Video Reviews & Tutorials