LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

Filtered by age: 44-55
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask

4.5

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 6/28/2018 11:06:00 PM

I was a little confused when reading other reviews that sounded like this product was a moisturizer. I use it as stated, as a mask. I followed the instructions, cleansing, applying my normal serums or moisturizers, let those sit about 20-30 min, then apply a thin layer of the mask. Then I'd tap on the eye mask. They dry down rather quickly to a smooth finish. The mask effectively seals in the mousture your skin would normally lose to dry air, evaporation & bedding. That seal, for me also seemed to allow my other products, including acne spot treatments, to work without being rubbed off. I woke up, washed with Cetaphil and found my skin soft & hydrated. I hate daytime moisturizer & these results made me think I could skip it. Oh, I use it way too often...maybe 5 days a week so I may drop that to 3 times. No fresh breakouts for my 51 yr old combo skin and I did not note any major unpleasant fragrance issue.
Worked for me. Same fail grade on the packaging as everyone--No Pots Everrrr!
Just noting--not a moisturizer, a mask🙂

If you read my review of Egyptian Magic you will see how I came to buy this item. I didn't need it, didn't particularly even know what it was but the cirumstances had my resistance to marketing reduced to nothing.
The upside is I am so glad I did buy it. Especially now I have had a couple of months to rehabilitate my credit card.
This mask is wonderfully cooling, hydrating and plumping. It feels delightful on.
You apply it liberally at night over your usual serum etc and wake up in the morning with dewy, non-irritated, very fresh looking skin.
This is a must to pack when travelling by air. I bought an additional travel sized pot as soon as I came home from my last trip and now it lives in my travel gear ready for the next call on it's super powers.
I gave it 4 lippies for value but I was so doped on airsickness pills and free champagne compared with the slight hysteria induced by that mythical thing-a free upgrade-I really can't remember how much it was. Not a huge amount and not super cheap. That's the best my fuzzy memory gets. Sorry.
I also bought the Eye Sleeping Mask and the Lip Sleeping Mask at the same time (amongst other things-cough). They are both great and well worth having.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy the Lip Sleeping Mask by Laneige so I wanted to get this as I have dry skin and figured it might me a good product to have in my skin care collection. I ended up purchasing the Hydration Trial Kit which came with a decent sized jar of this, a great way to introduce yourself to a product line without committing to any one product, especially those that are expensive. This one fell short of my expectations though. It has a nice cool gel cream texture but it is quite fragranced, and if anything I would think something with the word "water" in it's title would be lighter and fresher than what this smells like. I'd actually rather it smell like Davidoff's Cool Water than whatever is in this. Scent aside, texture is nice but... this is not really all that hydrating. I certainly do not wake up feeling like my skin is more plump or supple that when I use my regular moisturizer and other skin care products. I will use this up but won't repurchase.

on 2/6/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so disappointed with this product. It is my first try of Sleeping Masks and so far I'm underwhelmed. I found no difference in the morning whatsoever, but I will carry on using it in case it has long term effects and I've spent good money on it. I will not be repurchasing.

Update: I carried on using this and after one month of use I've finally seen results. I woke up and went wow my skin feels baby soft. Glad I carried on using it, but I did think the whole point was for immediate softness and plumpness. For this reason I will not repurchase but will use it up.

on 10/12/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has a texture similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, but this is much less sticky. You can pack this on and it will not seem tacky or filmy. It is not greasy in the least. It has a rather strong scent of rosewater.

I have used this once a week to give my skin a break from acids and vitamin C. It does soothe and plump up the skin nicely. In the morning my skin is moist and cushiony.

on 10/1/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is a light weight gel formulation that allows my skin to soak up every drop and wake up as fresh, smooth and as new as a baby's bottom. It goes on sheer, has a texture of a pudding, and plumps up my dehydrated skin magically overnight.
The first time I used it, I couldn't believe my eyes, the redness and inflammation calmed down and my skin was much smoother (and happier).

One thing I like to do is to incorporate a few drops of Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Serum (whew! could Missha make the name any longer??) or Mizon Snail Recovery Gel/Cream with the Lineage Mask - somehow, that combination
does wonders for my skin. Consider it a mask on steroids... The combo seems to magically increase hydration and wrinkle-smoothing effects. It also doesn't irritate my skin, I experienced no bumps, pimples or redness which can happen with new products.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Water Sleeping Mask, it's so calming. It does have a slight smell, like a light melon/cucumber fragrance (which I like). So those with sensitivities might want to take note.

on 9/23/2016 12:52:00 PM

This is an unsung hero in my skin care routine. Whenever I feel dehydrated, I put this on at night before a facial oil. My skin looks plump and clear in the morning. Love this stuff. It is fragranced, but my sensitive skin does not react to it. I would like it better in a pump container rather than a jar, but I will continue to buy it. I already have a back-up jar.

on 8/25/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

as with almost all the Asian skincare I've used, this is great. I've been using sample packs, so there has been no problem with the consistency or freshness of the product. It is a watery gel that you slather with abandon to cleansed skin. Since my skin is dry, it feels like it is drinking this in- and sure enough- in the morning my skin is dew-y and I dont need any moisturizer or foundation. imho, worth the price.

on 8/7/2016 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ohhh My HOLY GRAIL. Its sold 1 in every 30 seconds in Korea, Hongkong & Singapore. Its almost double the price if I buy in my country (souq.com). I bought this one through Amazon while staying almost a month in the UK. This is just AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! Since am on tour, I need to care little extra care of my skin that I cant really do. This one is doing just double. Apply thw needful at night beforw sleep, wait for 5 minutes... It gets totally absorbed in 5 minutes & just sleep... Next morning -- just wash your face n see the result...

One morw secret thing -- it probably has a sleeping effect. You start feeling sleepy probably with the soft light smell of this... The best for me & many like me! I SWEAR!!!

Love the Water Gel Sleep Mask. I received a sample tub from Ipsy and it lasted so long, felt so good, and made such a change in my skin, that I now have a full size tub. It's pricey, but worth every penny. You need very little to cover your whole face. I use it every night after cleansing before bed. It absorbs completely, with no residue like other night time moisturizers. The scent is great, I love the smell of Laneige products though. Its light and airy.
After about a week of use, my dry patches disappeared. After about two weeks, the color tone improved a great deal. I no longer need a color correcting foundation, and some days I don't wear foundation at all.
I should add that Laneige is my skin care brand of choice now. I use the multicleanser, the serum for daytime and water gel for night. That may have something to do with my success and happiness with this product.