Viseart Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 04 - Dark Matte Viseart Palettes

Viseart  Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 04 - Dark Matte Viseart  Palettes
Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 04 - Dark Matte Viseart  Palettes

4.3

on 9/15/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Pros.
-it binds really well to skin ( you can use it without primer and it looks good)
-colors can be built up
-formula is dry but not powdery.
- doesn't look ashy on deeper tones.
-purples are great .

cons. ( small nit picks)
-initial price point.
- packaging is simple ( personally I like it that way but some may not)
-two blues on the bottom row apply sheer at first and need layering to look intense ( but they are perfect for adding opposing depth and color to an otherwise too warm look)
-the two browns on the left side of the upper most row can look darker than they appear on pan for pale tones but can also look a bit off on saturated deep skin tones. (you can still make them work though)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been looking at Viseart palettes for years and I finally got one this summer. I have tons of eyeshadows so I wanted to pick one that was unique but very useable and settled on the dark mattes. I love mattes and I’ve been wanting to play with color more so it seemed like a good one to start with.
First, the formula. These shadows are soft and smooth. At first they seem kind of thin, less opaque than other shadows (like Anastasia). They almost seem sheer. But they are quite pigmented and buildable. Some shadows I can get to be fully opaque but others I cannot. And they are not a supermatte formula. Some of the shadows are almost more satin than matte. So if you are looking for Lorac or Kat Von D style mattes, these are different and you will not like them. If you appreciate them for what they are, they are incredible. This formula is so buildable so you can go subtle or bold. They are so smooth and almost blend themselves. The longevity is otherworldly. I can wear these to a high impact class at the gym (with primer, I never go without but these make me want to try) and sweat like crazy and they look the same. To contrast, I used a NYX ultimate brights shadow the week before at the same class, and all my eyeshadow ran off my eyes. Literally. A classmate told me my mascara had run. But it was my eyeshadow. I actually love the sheer quality these can have if you don’t go ham on your eyes. Is a more sophisticated way to wear mattes. I’m addicted.
The shades. I love all of them! I play a lot with the browns and oranges. I love the top left shade on the lid and the second top left shade in the crease. Or the top far right in the crease, second from the top right in the outer V, and middle far right all over the lid. Sooooo pretty! I’ve been playing with the blues. They seem a little more sheer but I still love them. One of the blues is a little more teal than the other. The grassy green is sooooo pretty! This is just a beautiful well rounded rainbow of wearable colors. But there is no yellow. There are only a couple transition and lid shades for fair people. But I have tons of eyeshadow and I didn’t buy this to be a stand alone palette.
The packaging. Sturdy but not Inglot sturdy (that stuff is nuts). Functional. I’m fine with that.
The price. This is the most expensive item I have ever purchased. However, I have spend more on a cluster of shadow singles. I only buy palettes that I can use every shade in. I’m more of a singles girl. So if I break it down as singles, this is cheaper than a lot of other shadows. But you do have to get them all at once. It’s a toss up. Decide if it’s worth it to you. I know that after using these, I have trouble using anything else. I plan to get the cool mattes and editorial brights at the Sephora VIB sale this year. Probably neutral mattes next year. I don’t see a shimmery palette that is exactly what I want. The Paris Nudes is the idea of what I want, shimmery mid tone to light neutrals, but they are too orange or green or purple. Not enough neutral neutrals for me. If I could keep the purples and put in more shades like MAC patina and satin taupe I’d get it in a heart beat. Like I need a palette of shimmery taupes.
I’d have never thought I’d say these shadows are worth it. Usually I get major buyers remorse with expensive items. But not this one. Totally worth it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

EDIT: I took this back. For $80, I expected more of this. I was so excited about it and I really did like one shadow, but liking one shadow surely doesn't make the palette worth it at this price point.

So, I took the YouTube bait and spent $80 on this palette which would go straight back except for one brown color that actually looks like a nice chocolate when applied. Most browns are just 'meh' when applied but this one is very nice. Don't even bother trying to make the purple work; I was really excited about that color and it took forever to get it built up enough to just more than sheer--I wound up layering a Makeup Geek shadow over it. I'm very disappointed in this palette. The packaging is laughable for such an outrageously expensive product. It's cheap and flimsy and reminds me of BH or Coastal Scents plastic. I really expected more from this. The brown and orange are nice but for this much money I can buy a ton of MAC singles now that they've lowered their prices and they are just as good or better than these. I'll try a few more colors from this palette and update my review. There are two deep reddish colors that look interesting. If they're as disappointing as the purple, it'll go back.

on 2/2/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Once again, I'm highly impressed with these Viseart shadows. I also reviewed the neutral mattes palette. This palette can be used in conjunction with the neutral palette to create even more beautiful eye looks. Texture, blendability, and pigment, all are superior to any other palette I own. Definite repurchase. For the amount of product you are getting, the price is reasonable in comparison to other palettes.

on 1/26/2016 1:51:00 AM

I don't know maybe I am the one like that but I got this pallete yesterday and .. didn't understand what the hype is about. yes they are nice but nothing outstanding ! many other brands has same quality eyeshadows but cheaper and with better packaging. The packaging of this pallete is so poor ! I don't even like to hold this cheap shit. for 80 doll? just a joke. I think it is a little bit abusive that they sell this packaging for 80 doll. shades are not unique also. yes good quality but I will return it tomorrow without regretting and buy smth from HIGH END for this money. what is the hype about.? again great youtube marketing

on 5/20/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT. The image posted with the white eyeshadow is discontinued. I posted one that has the correct colors.

My favorite eyeshadow palette of all time is the Viseart 01 Neutral Mattes, which I have also reviewed. Viseart make the best mattes I have ever used. They aren't quite as buttery as Urban Decay's mattes, but they are extremely pigmented and blend like no other.

As much as I love my my 01 palette I was wanting to add a little more color to my eyeshadow collection. I saw this on Muse Beauty Pro, note that this is an update of their original Dark Matte Palette. That one had a white eyeshadow and some brighter colors, this one does not have the white and some of the colors look darker. Heres a list of and my take on each color:

fawn - Light to Medium brown, cooler tone than any brown in the Neutral Palette

walnut - Medium to dark brown, cooler tone than any brown in the Neutral Palette

marsala - Pink toned brown similar to Makeup Geek's Country Girl but with no shimmer and more pigment.

burnt sienna - Red toned brown, a little more red and brighter than Makeup Geek's Cocoa Bear or than the second row, third eyeshadow on the Viseart 01 Palette

aubergine- Like the name suggests, a purple eggplant color. Has a bit of warmth to it

blackberry-dark muted purple

saffron - Light to medium orange. A little darker than Makeup Geek's Chickadee.

burnt orange - Deep reddish orange, brighter than the second row, second color of the 01 palette

royal blue - Dark, muted royal blue

lapis - Dark jewel-toned blue, has more green than the royal blue
evergreen - Dark, muted green

ochre - color that is somewhere between khaki and olive green

This palette is great for making smokey eyes that have some color or creating looks with a lot of warmth. The browns are different enough from those in 01 palette that they are a welcome addition and will get a lot of use.Their cooler tone makes them good for brow powders. These make pretty pigmented liners when used with a damp eyeliner brush, These eyeshadows have the same wonderful Viseart quality as the 01 mattes: very high pigmentation and blendibility.